The Bertrand Traore Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Bertrand Traore Thread

What I like about Traore is that at critical moments he takes his time. Timing, accuracy, rather than speed.

It'll be interesting to see where he fits in Gerrard's plans.

What I like about Traore is that at critical moments he takes his time. Timing, accuracy, rather than speed.

Funnily enough McP that's the thing that drives me batty about Berty.

His almost casual attitude in supplying the cross is why he gets caught out in the Prem where you don't have a second to think.

Don’t think he does. Anwar gone, Trez probably would have gone the same way if he hadn’t been at the AFCON. With our high pressing full backs the wingers at AVFC are on borrowed time. Especially the incredibly inconsistent/always injured ones i.e all of them!. Can’t say I’m sorry either. Deano’s way was wingers and it isn‘t SG’s.

Bailey ( if he is a winger?) is the only one who isn‘t by virtue that he has only just arrived.

Last edited:
I think he’s been underwhelming, he isn’t a 90 minute premier league player that’s for sure.

However, as an option from the bench in certain game he’s perfect giving he knows where the goal is. I doubt he’ll be overly happy to sit on the bench to try to change a game every now and then but I haven’t been that impressed overall with him.

Last edited:
I think he’s been underwhelming, he isn’t a 90 minute premier league player that’s for sure.

However, as an option from the bench in certain he’s perfect giving he knows where the goal is. I doubt he’ll be overly happy to sit on the bench to try to change a game every now and then but I haven’t been that impressed overall with him.

I see where you are coming from but we need our bench full of players that are good enough to start aswell and not just being an ‘option’. That is the holy grail I guess.

No way will Bert ever be consistent enough to start games regularly.

Last edited:
I see where you are coming from but we need our bench full of players that are good enough to start aswell and not just being an ‘option’. That is the holy grail I guess.

No way will Bert ever be consistent enough to start a game.

Yes, we’ll be aiming to get to that but it’s a process and bombing too many players out too quickly might be a bit too much of a transformation and actually become disruptive.

Gerrard apparently wants to have a look at Bert in pre season before deciding what to do with him.

The problem with a player like Traore is that managers will always think they're the one that can turn an inconsistent player into a regular performer. Can't see Traore ever being more than a player that has moments of genuine brilliance and more moments of total rubbish.

If this was coming off the back of his first season where he scored 7/8 goals with a similar number of assists I'd be all for it but after the waste that was last season I'm more inclined to say get rid. I'd rather give JPB a go in pre season and get Bert off the wage bill.

Gerrard apparently wants to have a look at Bert in pre season before deciding what to do with him.

The problem with a player like Traore is that managers will always think they're the one that can turn an inconsistent player into a regular performer. Can't see Traore ever being more than a player that has moments of genuine brilliance and more moments of total rubbish.

If this was coming off the back of his first season where he scored 7/8 goals with a similar number of assists I'd be all for it but after the waste that was last season I'm more inclined to say get rid. I'd rather give JPB a go in pre season and get Bert off the wage bill.

Good idea Steve.
Down the corridor, left and then first right. That’s the physio room . You will be able to get a good look at him in there.

To be fair if he'd scored 8 goals in 1 start and 8 sub appearances I don't think anyone would be wanting to sell him!

He had a strange season of being constantly injured so a little unfair to write him off because of that, the same goes for Bailey. I think Traore has the potential to be a useful wildcard option in the squad, I don't see him starting every game but his unpredictability makes him a threat off the bench or starting the odd game to change things up. His return in his first season wasn't bad and showed he has potential albeit not consistent enough to be a regular starter

JPB started his first games at Stoke and then tailed off in appearances, not sure if he was injured or inconsistent. Players like Traoré, Bailey and JPB will look good if we're dominating games and conversely, totally inept if we're being pressed. The tag "luxury player" springs to mind and all the other clichés. No doubt that Traoré has sublime skills but as Gareth will tell you - he's shite without the ball :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JPB started his first games at Stoke and then tailed off in appearances, not sure if he was injured or inconsistent. Players like Traoré, Bailey and JPB will look good if we're dominating games and conversely, totally inept if we're being pressed. The tag "luxury player" springs to mind and all the other clichés. No doubt that Traoré has sublime skills but as Gareth will tell you - he's shite without the ball :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
JPB picked up an injury which kept him out till nearly the end of the season

Traore is a very schizophrenic player, he oscillates between a sort of magician in some moments to an utter pile of shite in others.

No doubt he has talent and he has shown he can produce a good level of output, but his limitations will frustrate and ultimately hold you back. Plus the number of 'injuries' he picked up last season was nothing short of a joke.

It would be for the best if he would move on.

The baggies away goal. I had a volley of abuse about to leave my mouth as he appeared to weakly hit the shot but that changed as it hit the back of the net in what was actually a sublime ,world class finish.
Unfortunately that really was it. Last season was a joke. Time is up.