The 2018 World Cup | Page 39 | Vital Football

The 2018 World Cup

I thought maybe he should have squared the ball to Kane, but there was plenty of defenders in the way, if memory serves, so it may've been blocked anyway.
The defender got enough on Sterling's shot - I'm convinced though, it would've beaten the keeper if not.

Bit tricky for Sterling to score since most of our goals are headers from dead balls - or Kane penalties.

I tend to liken Sterling's performances to a street cleaner, or the bass player in a pop group - you don't always notice them but by golly you miss them if they're not there.

Well, it’s nearly time :bounce:

Unsurprisingly the BBC ‘you pick the team’ selection has Rashnaldo in ahead of Sterling. Mind you the difference was less than 1,000 votes. But Southgate knows what he’s doing and has named an unchanged side.

I would just love it if Sterling scored the winning goal tonight. Just love it :thumbup:

Come on Raheem........shove their petty, blinkered, parochial BS right back down their throats

Kane misses a golden opportunity for the second.

Will there be calls for him to be dropped?

Sterling's fault that he missed clearly

I am now!

Lovren should have had at least three yellow cards.

Kane wasn't offside.

I hope we don't rue the missed chances.

Well, a nervous end to the half after England give up an advanced position and carelessly put themselves under pressure including surviving a VAR review against Maguire which could have gone pear shaped.

Kane guilty of a poor miss when he couldand shouldhave squared it to Sterling. That will Be Sterling’s fault.

Lingard guilty of missing a decent opportunity as well

Sterling is playing well and giving the Croatian defenders plenty to think about. Can see Vardy or Rashnaldo coming on later on to try and get in behind the tiring legs.

Need a solid start to the second half and drive the sloppiness out of our play

Come in England!

No-one is having a bad game, but several guilty of sloppiness at times. Stones is having a great game.