The 2018 World Cup | Vital Football

The 2018 World Cup

Rising

Alert Team
I thought I would start this thread early as the build up has intensified with the announcements of the participants’ squads.
There is a wealth of up-to-date information available out there at the click of a mouse so I won’t overload the VMC servers by trying to list all the group matches, their locations and times.
The tournament starts on 14th June with Russia v Saudi Arabia at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.
Sadly, out of the UK and Ireland, only England (Group G) will be there and their first game is on 18th June against Tunisia in the Volgograd Arena, Volgograd.
Although I am an advocate of VAR, there looms the possibility of chaos because most of the officials have had no experience of it at all.
Let’s hope the tournament passes off peacefully.

Good thoughts there Rising. On VAR .........not just the officials, barely any players will have experienced the system. I hope it goes smoothly.

With Joe Hart’s fate to be officially confirmed at lunchtime his career will hit a particular nadir. He was a great City stalwart, played some fine games for us and contributed massively to the success since 2008 - I hope he can’t continue to extend his career (suspect it may be away from WHU) and wish him the very best.

I too hope it is a safe tournament for everyone

Not too fussed about the WC. Hope we dont get too many players back in late July/early August jaded and injured. Hope England and Belgium go out early.

Special prayers that Mendy comes through this tournament intact. I am hoping they use him sparingly considering he’s only just back into action.