The 2018 World Cup | Page 41 | Vital Football

The 2018 World Cup

Souness laces into Ali and Rashford big time. And hes spot on. Implies they are show ponies. Gives a bit of stick to Stones for ball watching for the winner. Eff knows what Trippier was doing a moment before.

Overall RS has been treated very well by the pundits. And rightly so. He was brilliant in the first half. Get home lad and get the contract signed.

Thought Rashford did ok when he came on - as had Sterling although he was probably knackered and we needed fresh legs. Stonesy was a bit late reacting to the Croatian winner but I'm sure he'll learn from it. Wonder how this comparatively successful campaign will affect players when they return - the England ones will be on a bit of a high whereas the South Americans could be a bit subdued.

Thought Rashford did ok when he came on - as had Sterling although he was probably knackered and we needed fresh legs. Stonesy was a bit late reacting to the Croatian winner but I'm sure he'll learn from it. Wonder how this comparatively successful campaign will affect players when they return - the England ones will be on a bit of a high whereas the South Americans could be a bit subdued.

In Stones defence, he could've got a shout from someone behind him, I'd say tiredness at that point was also a factor.

I also thought Walker could've got an earlier shout from Trippier for their equaliser. Communication is key.

In Stones defence, he could've got a shout from someone behind him, I'd say tiredness at that point was also a factor.

I also thought Walker could've got an earlier shout from Trippier for their equaliser. Communication is key.

As with any defence you have to get it right every time to keep the goals out but the attacker only has to get one chance right. Mandzukic was alert to a fluke of a header which could have gone anywhere really. Stones was caught only for a moment.....it was all it took.

England already behind as Rose is caught napping - he should get torn a new one .......but won’t be because he is a Spurs player and Twaddle loves them.

Earlier he was slagging off Sterling (again) for his lack of goals. Failed to Notice Kane hasn’t had a shot on target since his penalty against Colombia.

England already behind as Rose is caught napping - he should get torn a new one .......but won’t be because he is a Spurs player and Twaddle loves them.

Earlier he was slagging off Sterling (again) for his lack of goals. Failed to Notice Kane hasn’t had a shot on target since his penalty against Colombia.

I don't think Kane has had a shot on target from open play in the World Cup at all, has he?

Kane misses another chance :rolleyes:

Set up nicely by Sterling who has been by far the most energetic of the two. Kane has hardly made his presence felt but gets a massive let off by Twaddle who won’t criticise the Spurs man

Commentator noting just how many goals come from the Belgian midfielders compared to England’s. That would be Lingard, Alli and Henderson - each from the three ‘untouchable’ clubs

England have lost possession multiple times but the one time Twaddle chooses to mention it is when Sterling is given a mare of a pass. His selective eyesight pisses me off. Didn’t mention Rose not being terribly brave earlier when he failed to try and win a ball with his head

My opinion - for what it's worth!
England need to move the ball faster, but I'm not sure they're collectively capable.
Stones has been excellent (again), but no-one else takes the eye.
Sterling has been as bad as everyone else.

The lads look shattered with their minds on a brief summer holiday. Belgium are class and may end up scoring again. Hope I'm proved wrong.

I’m sorry, but for a player on track for the Golden Boot, Kane is just strolling about like it’s a friendly knockabout. Slow, lethargic, little movement and certainly not pressuring any defenders. Is he immune from criticism?

At last some quick play with the midfield pushing on creates a great chance for Dier. His Spurs team mate with some fantastic defending saves the goal