The 2018 World Cup | Page 42 | Vital Football

The 2018 World Cup

I see BBC correspondent Phil McNulty had swallowed the 'Sterling is useless' mantra hook line and sinker as he rates Raheem pretty much the worst of all England's main players. He gave him 5/10. I think only Dier got a worse score.

Saint Harry Kane gets a 7/10 despite being pretty much invisible in the last three games and almost totally absent Vs Belgium today.

Talking of bitter and twisted, -19 points Maureen has waded in to the debate and opted to rubbish Sterling’s World Cup performances. Starting his 2018/19 mind games

The better team lost.

Congrats to France.

Outplayed by Croatia and aided by the usual suspects.

Applause to Russia for putting it all on.

I did wonder if Kane had been carrying a knock but his starting against Belgium would suggest otherwise. Three (excellent) penalties, two tap ins and a deflection from our talismanic fox in the box goal machine.

Good final, good tournament - wonder if Pogba will carry his form into the new season.

Unlucky Croatia, love their kit, Modric is a footballing genius and their president is a total football babe.

Glad it is all done and dusted for 4 years, well done the Frogs, but they were very lucky with 2 decisions I thought.

Yeah, we could have been in the final if Sterling could score goals and Stones and Walker weren't dozing for the Croatia goals

To be fair, Stones and Delph didn't have too many starts for City last season, Walker was played out of position for England and Sterling didn't have many chances to tap in from 2 yards out at the world cup.
So no real surprises that they under performed.

To be fair, Stones and Delph didn't have too many starts for City last season, Walker was played out of position for England and Sterling didn't have many chances to tap in from 2 yards out at the world cup.
So no real surprises that they under performed.

To be fair, haha, good one. John Stones had a fantastic world cup.

Apart from going to sleep against Croatia, suspect temperament when wound up and his nasty little kick on one of the Colombians head, yes agreed he was faultless