Summer transfer thread | Page 77 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

See McAnthony has been on twitter again trying to talk up the bids for Marriott. This suggests that the 8 so called interested parties are not that interested in the present price. He is targeting comments at Bristol City and ourselves thinking we are the most likely to put in a serious bid. I would suggest this is a bit below the £6M asking price, for an untried possible one season wonder. AK has stated that he would like as many as possible of his squad to be signed up ready for pre season training in July. If we were to sign a striker (Grabban or Bamford) we could hold on till August to put in offer on Marriott, assuming that is the intention. I think AK would like a striker in before the end of the month.
We will be talking seriously to Soudani at the end of the month as he is likely to be out of World Cup and contract will have finished, so free agent.
Still think the shot of the 10 players who are surplus to requirements is bigger headache.

Soudani & Algeria aren't at the World Cup. They may be waiting for his contract at Zagreb to expire though.

Marriott - I have no doubt that we enquired about his availability, but £6m is way above what we want to pay - so, we will leave Posh to drum up business/interest - all the time with Marriott wanting to leave.

Fawaz jumped into the BA signing due to the backlash he was facing - can't see that happening again.

Also mentioned before, that we may well be offering players in a swap deal + fee - IF - we remain interested!

Soudani & Algeria aren't at the World Cup. They may be waiting for his contract at Zagreb to expire though.

Marriott - I have no doubt that we enquired about his availability, but £6m is way above what we want to pay - so, we will leave Posh to drum up business/interest - all the time with Marriott wanting to leave.

Fawaz jumped into the BA signing due to the backlash he was facing - can't see that happening again.

Also mentioned before, that we may well be offering players in a swap deal + fee - IF - we remain interested!

Both good posts. Do t think Barry is fooling anyone- fookwas is gone. Bamford being talked about at 6m so Marriott clearly over priced.

There r plenty of credible fish in the sea, fry should look at the players we have available and make a decision otherwise they might b the ones missing out.

Hes fooling some of the deluded NFFC fans that comment on his tweets. Honestly, I despair at times at how gullible fans are.

Not that I care one pip Radford as well you know.

I have just moored up on the Nottingham Canal near Cossall and will shortly joined by my guests. We will lunch on warm temperature brie washed down with a vintage tizer before slipping into the ICE COLD canal for a spot of jot whacking

Both good posts. Do t think Barry is fooling anyone- fookwas is gone. Bamford being talked about at 6m so Marriott clearly over priced.

There r plenty of credible fish in the sea, fry should look at the players we have available and make a decision otherwise they might b the ones missing out.

Fairly sure I read somewhere that Soudani cannot sign until 1st July.

That does not prevent him from signing a pre contract agreement like the Centre Half has done.

Hes fooling some of the deluded NFFC fans that comment on his tweets. Honestly, I despair at times at how gullible fans are.

I have just moored up on the Nottingham Canal near Cossall and will shortly joined by my guests. We will lunch on warm temperature brie washed down with a vintage tizer before slipping into the ICE COLD canal for a spot of jot whacking

What vintage is the Tizer?

The Chateau Cumbernauld 1924 gets a very good write up.

Orf is very quiet after the one day score yesterday. How r the Aussies doing or r they still in shock?

Wish I could say I'm in shock radford but that's not the case, don't forget you're playing a reserves team, some of those bowlers I've never heard of. Even so some of the Pommy batting was superb. I was lucky enough to watch some on TV last night, your batting that is, and it was great to see. Lost track of the number of 6s and at my home ground too. In my early years I saw a lot of cricket played at Trent Bridge, looked nothing like it does now. Hope you were there to get your moneys worth.

But still trying to keep my mind on World Cup,Oz must beat Denmark to have a chance and I still have a soft spot for England and think they'll go a bit further. But not far enough. Be nice if they did though.

:thumbup:

Never mind about gullible fans, they'll all ways be there, where is Cossall ? Thought I knew everything but not that. Vintage Tizer the Appetizer, don't make me laugh. New Zealand Suav Blanc fits the bill and makes the day. Or night.

Fairly sure I read somewhere that Soudani cannot sign until 1st July.

That does not prevent him from signing a pre contract agreement like the Centre Half has done.

Exactly - although, Dawson made it clear to everyone what was happening as soon as the Jan transfer was blocked!

May be he has. Things are very quiet at City Ground. The two Portuguese lads info was leaked from the Portuguese press, nothing from NFFC till they were all signed, sealed and delivered.

May be he has. Things are very quiet at City Ground. The two Portuguese lads info was leaked from the Portuguese press, nothing from NFFC till they were all signed, sealed and delivered.

Miss Polly, surely u r not suggesting the old gal is on lockdown?

If you start mentioning you're calm but nervous I think we'll need an intervention!

Wish I could say I'm in shock radford but that's not the case, don't forget you're playing a reserves team, some of those bowlers I've never heard of. Even so some of the Pommy batting was superb. I was lucky enough to watch some on TV last night, your batting that is, and it was great to see. Lost track of the number of 6s and at my home ground too. In my early years I saw a lot of cricket played at Trent Bridge, looked nothing like it does now. Hope you were there to get your moneys worth.

But still trying to keep my mind on World Cup,Oz must beat Denmark to have a chance and I still have a soft spot for England and think they'll go a bit further. But not far enough. Be nice if they did though.

Fair play- I'm sure it cost u to say pommy and superb in the same sentence lmao

Second team, never heard of them Tye and Stanlake stars of the IPL Head and Short stars of the Big Bash more like Aussies strength in depth is not as in depth as it should be

Whinging Aussies

Aren't aussies always whinging about something or other. Bad losers at rugby, cricket and now football. Let them whinge someone has to lose so it might as well be them. Ps Australia is in asia because pope is right.
Let the pommie bashing begin.

Alex Mighten has signed a new contract so Manure can do one.
He has signed a two-year scholarship deal, as well as agreeing a two-and-a-half-year professional contract which will commence when he turns 17 next year.

Last edited:
Looks like Pantilimon is off because Watford have failed in their attempt to sign another keeper.

Latest name being linked to us is Jose Sa from Porto; he is another Mendes player

Alex Mighten has signed a new contract so Manure can do one.
He has signed a two-year scholarship deal, as well as agreeing a two-and-a-half-year professional contract which will commence when he turns 17 next year.

Do we have any news on the other young lad Matthew Bondswell, who was rumoured to be leaving?