Summer transfer thread | Page 76 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Think it's just one of these numerous football sites that's popped up wanting hits on their site.

I'm certainly not averse to having a bit more experience in the side but Quaresma is a winger who's main strength was his speed.

I'm guessing that at 35 his speed will be somewhat diminished.

I was mostly teasing you. Though I've always seen him as more of a technical player than speed merchant. Decent initial acceleration but mostly his strength was dribbling and vision.

76 pages and 2 permanent signings and some crappy loan. Does that makes sense? Well really , does it?

See McAnthony has been on twitter again trying to talk up the bids for Marriott. This suggests that the 8 so called interested parties are not that interested in the present price. He is targeting comments at Bristol City and ourselves thinking we are the most likely to put in a serious bid. I would suggest this is a bit below the £6M asking price, for an untried possible one season wonder. AK has stated that he would like as many as possible of his squad to be signed up ready for pre season training in July. If we were to sign a striker (Grabban or Bamford) we could hold on till August to put in offer on Marriott, assuming that is the intention. I think AK would like a striker in before the end of the month.
We will be talking seriously to Soudani at the end of the month as he is likely to be out of World Cup and contract will have finished, so free agent.
Still think the shot of the 10 players who are surplus to requirements is bigger headache.

See McAnthony has been on twitter again trying to talk up the bids for Marriott. This suggests that the 8 so called interested parties are not that interested in the present price. He is targeting comments at Bristol City and ourselves thinking we are the most likely to put in a serious bid. I would suggest this is a bit below the £6M asking price, for an untried possible one season wonder. AK has stated that he would like as many as possible of his squad to be signed up ready for pre season training in July. If we were to sign a striker (Grabban or Bamford) we could hold on till August to put in offer on Marriott, assuming that is the intention. I think AK would like a striker in before the end of the month.
We will be talking seriously to Soudani at the end of the month as he is likely to be out of World Cup and contract will have finished, so free agent.
Still think the shot of the 10 players who are surplus to requirements is bigger headache.
What, the cricket World Cup?