Summer transfer thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Interesting that the accuracy of the news from the papers on transfers matches the accuracy of their general reporting. Except the mail did have some accuracy reported which must be an error.

Interesting that the accuracy of the news from the papers on transfers matches the accuracy of their general reporting. Except the mail did have some accuracy reported which must be an error.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day...

We are a Championship side right now because Jamie Ward had bottle where most of the others had completely lost theirs.

He never let us down.

Maybe he isn't the direction we want to go now but for me he has our thanks and can go wherever he wants for free. Good luck to the bloke.

I certainly wouldn't say that about some of the others though

I had a few beers with the Marquis in Trent Nav today and he reckons we will spend over 20 million on players and the striker could cost us 11m. Even with 8 pints of shippos inside of him he wouldnt mention a name

I had a few beers with the Marquis in Trent Nav today and he reckons we will spend over 20 million on players and the striker could cost us 11m. Even with 8 pints of shippos inside of him he wouldnt mention a name

Wot a crazy world- £5m our biggest transfer and £20m no longer seems so massive. No manager can spend 100% efficiently but I hope ak does at least as well as SP.

Imo would like to see a bit more spent on a few less players. Squad needs to be trim.
Should be an interesting summer

We are a Championship side right now because Jamie Ward had bottle where most of the others had completely lost theirs.

He never let us down.

Maybe he isn't the direction we want to go now but for me he has our thanks and can go wherever he wants for free. Good luck to the bloke.

Granted he ran his arse off for us against Ipswich and did play a large part in our 'success' that final day of the season. Like I most I had my rose tinted glasses on praising his work effort and will to win. However, 'limited' is about the kindest word I can come up with for him and whilst I wish him no ill will, I won't be unhappy to see him leave and won't be disappointed if the door smacks his arse on the way out.

A team, allegedly, wants to pay a fee for one of our contracted players, and you state "we" (you said our) should let him go for a free...u wot mate?

I don't doubt that the fee paid will be much lower than the 1.8m mentioned, but, seriously, screw your head on, son.

Ward is not good enough to start, but if you were 1-0 up with ten minutes left and had a choice of subs like Ward, McKay, Carayol etc I know who I would bring on.

A team, allegedly, wants to pay a fee for one of our contracted players, and you state "we" (you said our) should let him go for a free...u wot mate?

I don't doubt that the fee paid will be much lower than the 1.8m mentioned, but, seriously, screw your head on, son.

I'm not your mate and I'm not your son.

This is an older player who is in the last year of his contract. If McClaren is stupid enough to pay a fee then fine. But I don't believe he is that stupid and I'm surprised anyone is stupid enough to believe a newspaper story that claims he wants to spend £1.8m on him

I agree. Free is the likely outcome. True he played his heart out against Ipswich but the last game he played at City Ground his heart wasn't in it. Thank you Jamie and goodbye.

I'm not your mate and I'm not your son.

This is an older player who is in the last year of his contract. If McClaren is stupid enough to pay a fee then fine. But I don't believe he is that stupid and I'm surprised anyone is stupid enough to believe a newspaper story that claims he wants to spend £1.8m on him

No need to get your knickers in a bunch, boyo.

You are changing your narrative, somewhat, as you were suggesting in your initial post that a free transfer was something "we" would take, in spite of any possible fee.

Whether the transfer mentioned is correct, or not, your post was suggesting a free is a better option than a fee.

No biggie, chief.

He never let us down.

Agree. Britts credited with keeping us in the championship last year but ward was great back end of last season and won us 2 penalties that day as well as scoring a crucial goal against Huddersfield.

He's maybe not the answer but he wasn't too bad for us and seemed to step up when it mattered most