Summer transfer thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

I don't think the Torquay goalie will be a pen. The other u23 signings didn't have one.

I'd go
Fossey
Kell Watts/ Kipre
Broadhead/ Robinson
T' Egypt goalie
Haven't a clue 😄

I don't think Morsy or Lowe will be back.

Edit
I'll go Cole Stockton as number 5.
Someone on twitter was been adamant recently he's signing. So could be some truth in it.
I reckon Keane could be off. A last chance at a bigger club in the Championship and a push for the Prem?

I hope there's no truth in that re: Keane.

Can’t see the obsession with ex players. Kipre was ok but nothing special.Steve Bruce knows a good centre back and doesn’t rate him.

Were have you seen that Bruce "doesn't rate him" John.

Could it not be that Kipre is not his best option, or in other words there are better players available for that position at the club.

It doesn't make Kipre a bad player. He was a decent player for us and, for me, could be again. The lad is still only 25/26 and his best years are still ahead of him.

John I'll refer you back to my previous post, just because someone is transfer listed does not make the player a bad player.

There are reasons for being moved on, Bruce obviously believes that those ahead of Cedric in the club are enough for his needs. I have seen nowhere any reports that Bruce does not rate him and what you are saying is simply you making an assumption.

When he was with us he was a steady and reliable player and at his age will continue to improve and would be a good addition to the club. I would certainly say that he would be an improvement on Watts, although I do like Watts and would also like to see him come back for a second spell as I also believe there is improvement to be made in his game.

Hopefully Talal hasn’t jumped the gun with his famous pens post.

Maybe the five pens represent five signings the club’s *planning* to make over the next couple of months rather than five ready to announce. That sounds a lot more realistic anyway!

Maybe the five pens represent five signings the club’s *planning* to make over the next couple of months rather than five ready to announce. That sounds a lot more realistic anyway!

Your getting to sound a bit neurotic 😉

Your getting to sound a bit neurotic 😉

realism ≠ neuroticism my friend ;):LOL:

Am I too optimistic in thinking Stockton at Morecambe could be one? Fits the Leam striker mould, similar age to Wyke/Magennis and surely won’t be staying for a League One relegation scrap again this season.

And if we signed him who would be going

Does anyone have to go? I don’t think three strikers (especially considering Wyke is still an unknown fitness-wise) is pushing it really.

Depth is good in the Championship! If there are five signings on the way I don’t think it’s too implausible for one to be a striker, since we’re pretty full up at CM, LB, GK and attacking-mid.

• One CB (probably Watts)
• One RB (probably Fossey)

Only other spaces uncovered after that are out wide and I wouldn’t expect three signings there.

I strongly doubt we have 5 signings done and ready to announce.

At the start of summer last year he posted a number of pens and then the announcements trickled through over the following couple of weeks.

I imagine it's 5 incomings planned (plus maybe contract extension).

I strongly doubt we have 5 signings done and ready to announce.

At the start of summer last year he posted a number of pens and then the announcements trickled through over the following couple of weeks.

I imagine it's 5 incomings planned (plus maybe contract extension).

This sounds likely to me.

I assume the timing of the tweet also had to do with wanting to shift the attention/discussion away from the late wage payments.

Nice to see everyone trusts the people who got us promoted last season
I trust them, but lets be real, you need to strengthen to compete and even stay up in this league. Trusting a player does not make them prime Messi, some players like Power have a point to prove in this league though.

I am confident Cousins and Shinnie will be like new signings in the championship too.

I think the 5 pens will be signings/ contract extensions announced over the weekend.
Talal will have been advised/learnt not to get fans hopes up by putting the pens out for something that could happen in 2 or 3 weeks time.

Does anyone have to go? I don’t think three strikers (especially considering Wyke is still an unknown fitness-wise) is pushing it really.

Depth is good in the Championship! If there are five signings on the way I don’t think it’s too implausible for one to be a striker, since we’re pretty full up at CM, LB, GK and attacking-mid.

• One CB (probably Watts)
• One RB (probably Fossey)

Only other spaces uncovered after that are out wide and I wouldn’t expect three signings there.

The other thing is this year we can make 5 subs so depth is even more important.

I think we are looking at least 5 incomings. I'd say we are probably looking at goalkeeper, right back, left sided centre back, winger and striker. Then depending on how season starts and who else becomes available we may add a couple more.

I wouldn't be suprised at all to see Shinnie, McGrath, Edwards and Humphrys potentially go before deadline day (I really hope we keep McGrath and Humps) if we get suitable replacements in. It's also a given Jones will be going and Smith and Robinson loaned and maybe Long, Hughes and Sze.

Can’t help but think Talal just went abit mad with the old emoji’s be honest. Was it not just intended to signal a signing or like you say someone has extended their deal rather than taken as if we have 5 deals to announce this week or over the next month etc.

Either way I hope whatever happens it will lead to a happier fan base for the next 2/3 weeks leading into the season.

In terms of outgoings, Jones is probably nailed on to leave then after that I don’t see anymore 1st teamers, if you will leaving in this window. Long, Smith and Robinson who are all on the edge of the 1st team potentially out to a National League or League 2 club possibly if the right loan move for them becomes available.

Depth at RB/RWB and CB if we can. My main worry that we only really have Power as a dictating midfielder. Naylor has his qualities but I don’t think he does that job like Power. Think at times last year when Power was pushed to RB we did lack someone else in the centre to keep things ticking over.

We can get away with it more with Wyke up top and play more direct, missing centre midfield out. Magennis and Humps again are different types in my eyes, don’t particularly think either do the job quite as well and offer other things to the squad.

Well I'm not going to guess I'll trust the ones at the club to bring in what they know is needed

Can’t help but think Talal just went abit mad with the old emoji’s be honest. Was it not just intended to signal a signing or like you say someone has extended their deal rather than taken as if we have 5 deals to announce this week or over the next month etc.

Either way I hope whatever happens it will lead to a happier fan base for the next 2/3 weeks leading into the season.

In terms of outgoings, Jones is probably nailed on to leave then after that I don’t see anymore 1st teamers, if you will leaving in this window. Long, Smith and Robinson who are all on the edge of the 1st team potentially out to a National League or League 2 club possibly if the right loan move for them becomes available.

Depth at RB/RWB and CB if we can. My main worry that we only really have Power as a dictating midfielder. Naylor has his qualities but I don’t think he does that job like Power. Think at times last year when Power was pushed to RB we did lack someone else in the centre to keep things ticking over.

We can get away with it more with Wyke up top and play more direct, missing centre midfield out. Magennis and Humps again are different types in my eyes, don’t particularly think either do the job quite as well and offer other things to the squad.
Wyke and Humps up top with a five man midfield of McLean, Power, Cousins Naylor Lang could rip this league apart. Let's go for it.

Wyke and Humps up top with a five man midfield with McLean and Lang wide could rip this league apart.