Summer transfer thread | Page 43 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Wyke and Humps up top with a five man midfield with McLean and Lang wide could rip this league apart.

They could well easily do, but at the same time, could well easily not, I don't think our front line is as bad as people think though, it's just they are not proven, I do think a proven Winger and Striker will help a ton. Lang, Wyke, Keane, and even Humps may end up doing much better than expected, we just have to make sure we can cover our bases as it's all unknown. A winger(s) with some pace is a must though, just because we lack it in the squad.

Massey prime example of someone who benefitted from the extra space he got when in this league the last time we came up. Teams are going to go for the win this year unlike a few last year who were content to sit in and not get beat

Increase in level could also be exactly what Lang, Humps, Kerr, Pearce, Whatmough need to push their development on. Will be interesting see how things pan out

The other thing is this year we can make 5 subs so depth is even more important.

I think we are looking at least 5 incomings. I'd say we are probably looking at goalkeeper, right back, left sided centre back, winger and striker. Then depending on how season starts and who else becomes available we may add a couple more.

I wouldn't be suprised at all to see Shinnie, McGrath, Edwards and Humphrys potentially go before deadline day (I really hope we keep McGrath and Humps) if we get suitable replacements in. It's also a given Jones will be going and Smith and Robinson loaned and maybe Long, Hughes and Sze.
I've heard there's a very good chance young Carra is going to Chesterfield for the season. Leam wanted to look at him in pre season before making the call whether to let him go, but Cooky's pushing for it.

I've heard there's a very good chance young Carra is going to Chesterfield for the season. Leam wanted to look at him in pre season before making the call whether to let him go, but Cooky's pushing for it.

I hope that happens, the more young lads we can get out on loan playing senior games on a regular basis the better.

I think in football so many young players don't make it as far as they potentially could've without the vital game time in their formative years.

I hope that happens, the more young lads we can get out on loan playing senior games on a regular basis the better.

I think in football so many young players don't make it as far as they potentially could've without the vital game time in their formative years.

I would hope our young players would be good enough to be loaned out to lg2 at the least.
If we had stayed down then non league fair enough.
But if the aim is to get them 1st team ready for the Championship then lg2 for a season then lg1 the season after.

Hull making some incredible signings so far and hardly spending anything.

Latics need a Portuguese scout to look around their lower leagues. The amount of top talent that comes from there and ends up right in the top draw is vast and nobody ever sees to scout there. The big clubs can just wait until they make it to Porto, Benfica, Lisbon etc and then pay top whack for the finished article. There will be a multitude of gems over there more than good enough for the championship. I'd wager they would be a better shout than an Egyptian goalie.

Latics need a Portuguese scout to look around their lower leagues. The amount of top talent that comes from there and ends up right in the top draw is vast and nobody ever sees to scout there. The big clubs can just wait until they make it to Porto, Benfica, Lisbon etc and then pay top whack for the finished article. There will be a multitude of gems over there more than good enough for the championship. I'd wager they would be a better shout than an Egyptian goalie.

Players from EU countries need 15 qualifying points to play here, between 10 & 14 an appeal has to be made to the department of work and pensions, showing a justifiable reason to sign a player, under 10 points is a no, how do "gems from lower leagues". obtain a work permit.player points.png

Hull have signed two players from abroad both from Fenerbahce, both are regular internationals for Turkey and Iran so meet the criteria for signing, they cost a combined total of £6.75 million plus add ons.

All the other signings Hull have made are from British clubs, including the Portuguese lad who signed from Forest.

That is not exactly "hardly spending anything"

Players from EU countries need 15 qualifying points to play here, between 10 & 14 an appeal has to be made to the department of work and pensions, showing a justifiable reason to sign a player, under 10 points is a no, how do "gems from lower leagues". obtain a work permit.View attachment 58764
Still doesnt seen to affect the Greed League. Rules need to be far stricter.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wigan-keen-on-summer-newcastle-deal/

Looks like we are firmly interested in signing Watts again from Newcastle. That said im not liking the tone of that article which indicates Newcastle are only prepared to entertain loan offers for him at end of their pre season which is after our opening game against Preston. Personally id prefer to have another central defender in next week sometime so we can give them 2 or 3 pre season run outs in the friendlies.

Furthermore, im not convinced Watts on loan again from Newcastle is the best solution, he was good overall for us last season but as the campaign went on he did lose his place to Kerr and Tilt alongside Whatmough and appeared much less frequently around mid February till the end of the season. I think we can upgrade on him and id rather not waste a loan spot on him and him miss early season matches because Newcastle want to assess him before loaning him out.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wigan-keen-on-summer-newcastle-deal/

Looks like we are firmly interested in signing Watts again from Newcastle. That said im not liking the tone of that article which indicates Newcastle are only prepared to entertain loan offers for him at end of their pre season which is after our opening game against Preston. Personally id prefer to have another central defender in next week sometime so we can give them 2 or 3 pre season run outs in the friendlies.

Furthermore, im not convinced Watts on loan again from Newcastle is the best solution, he was good overall for us last season but as the campaign went on he did lose his place to Kerr and Tilt alongside Whatmough and appeared much less frequently around mid February till the end of the season. I think we can upgrade on him and id rather not waste a loan spot on him and him miss early season matches because Newcastle want to assess him before loaning him out.
Did he really lose his place though? I thought it was a bit strange the amount of limited game time in the second half of the season. My reading of it was that we may have had to pay Newcastle more money if he played a certain number of games. But who knows

Did he really lose his place though? I thought it was a bit strange the amount of limited game time in the second half of the season. My reading of it was that we may have had to pay Newcastle more money if he played a certain number of games. But who knows

meh was average second half of last season, stilt was much more assured in that role, but he’s still young