Summer transfer thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

The companies house website last week showed the owners invested nearly 5m into the club.

Without that investment then i'd get the concern, but surely that completely dispels the notion we have no money- that is probably the current wage bill covered for 12 months before we touch any of the 6m in money you get for being in the Championship.

I work for a company in good financial health and on occasion there has been a technical issue that meant wages were a day late. These type of issues aren't common but they can happen to anyone despite how good a business they are.

No one on this earth unless they were a skint desperate tramp would join a new company who had paid wages late the previous two months. Bottom line.

No one on this earth unless they were a skint desperate tramp would join a new company who had paid wages late the previous two months. Bottom line.

If they explained to those affected the reasons why the delays occurred, and what's been put in place to ensure it doesn't happen again, then why on earth would it be an issue?

Mr Moon is always correct. Every one should know that by now.

I can't help it mate ....... you see, it's folk like you who make it so, simply by posting bollox like "they haven’t Spent any thing on the stadium or players since promotion" which I then very easily correct.

Oh, and it's not always ..... but I'd agree to "very often".

Poor comeback by the way ....... why not just admit that you'd forgot about those 3?

Carlton Morris from Barnsley set to join Luton for £2m.

He's one i'd have loved but 2m is more than i'd want to pay.

They also looking at Rudoni from Wimbledon who's apparently valued at 1m on top of near 1m they paid for Woodrow. After years of working on a shoe string it seems like they are willing to splash some cash.

I can't help it mate ....... you see, it's folk like you who make it so, simply by posting bollox like "they haven’t Spent any thing on the stadium or players since promotion" which I then very easily correct.

Oh, and it's not always ..... but I'd agree to "very often".

Poor comeback by the way ....... why not just admit that you'd forgot about those 3?
Please tell how much they have spent. I’m interested to find out. New seats not done. Stadium name not done yet new tvs on concourses not done. Out side both ends of the ground not done. Apart from 3 young lads that cost nothing. No players yet.

Ellis Simms being linked with Millwall todsy. Young striker who had a good spell on loan at Blackpool in 2020-21 and helped fire them to promotion to the Championship. Had a spell on loan at Hearts second half of last season where he chipped in with a few goals and made Everton's PL bench a few times in first half of the season.

Another player i would be interested in taking a look at, his goal record at youth level was exceptional for Everton in 2018-19. Wonder if its worth enquiring about a season long loan deal? If teams like Millwall are sniffing around him then he clearly has Championship potential.

I accept not leaking out transfer stories is a way of keeping things under wraps but no one can deny that this silence on incomings is worrying. Rotherham are getting stuck in making transfers and they will be having similar issues to ourselves when it comes to making signings (attractiveness to new recruits) and limited in how much they can stretch their wage bill and pay in terms of transfer fees.

Carlton Morris from Barnsley set to join Luton for £2m.

He's one i'd have loved but 2m is more than i'd want to pay.

They also looking at Rudoni from Wimbledon who's apparently valued at 1m on top of near 1m they paid for Woodrow. After years of working on a shoe string it seems like they are willing to splash some cash.

Yeah saw news about Morris the other night, tbf to Luton they are an example of what you can do with good management and if you can stabilise over a few years at this level and let the additional income from TV accumulate as they can now pay a bit more for players and stretch out their wage structure.

Id be taking a look at Ellis Simms from Everton on loan as mentioned in my previous post, if Millwall are in for him, thats a sign Championship clubs think he can step up at this level and we should at the very least make an enquiry

Please tell how much they have spent. I’m interested to find out. New seats not done. Stadium name not done yet new tvs on concourses not done. Out side both ends of the ground not done. Apart from 3 young lads that cost nothing. No players yet.

I don't know how much they've spent, but unless the lads are playing for free, you surely can't argue that they're spending summat !!!

New effing seats !!! We were told that was a longer term project, not summat that would be done in the near term - maybe you've forgotten that bit too.

When you say "Stadium name not done yet", exactly what benefit would you get if a new name had been selected? The Chairman asked for the opinion of fans, and I'm sure a decision will be made before the start of the season ... but it's just a name.

There are tellys on the concourse (in the West at least). Maybe they could be a bit bigger, but really, who cares? They're glanced at for the results on the way for a slash at half time.

As for "the ends" not being done .......some scrotes keep on breaking the windows. Broken ones have previously been replaced, .......and then broken again. I suspect that a more robust long term solution is being considered. Regardless, how on earth is that an issue worthy of this level of moaning?

Really mate, you need to watch the news and find summat different to have a proper moan about. Whinging about the club's situation and the club management is frankly summat that only the most tedious of souls would be doing.

Others have mentioned that fans should be buzzing ... why not try it, rather than whining. Be a bee, not a mosquito.
(y)

Can I just try to get my head around why people are so worried about a lack of signings at the start of July? We've lost Massey, Bayliss and Watts from last seasons squad, of whom only Watts would have been considered a regular. We are arguably short of depth at centre back and the wing - but that is short of depth, not lacking players all together. We could start the season today with the current squad and I'd be reasonably confident of us doing OK.

Have the players who won League One last season lost legs over the close or something?

I don't know how much they've spent, but unless the lads are playing for free, you surely can't argue that they're spending summat !!!

New effing seats !!! We were told that was a longer term project, not summat that would be done in the near term - maybe you've forgotten that bit too.

When you say "Stadium name not done yet", exactly what benefit would you get if a new name had been selected? The Chairman asked for the opinion of fans, and I'm sure a decision will be made before the start of the season ... but it's just a name.

There are tellys on the concourse (in the West at least). Maybe they could be a bit bigger, but really, who cares? They're glanced at for the results on the way for a slash at half time.

As for "the ends" not being done .......some scrotes keep on breaking the windows. Broken ones have previously been replaced, .......and then broken again. I suspect that a more robust long term solution is being considered. Regardless, how on earth is that an issue worthy of this level of moaning?

Really mate, you need to watch the news and find summat different to have a proper moan about. Whinging about the club's situation and the club management is frankly summat that only the most tedious of souls would be doing.

Others have mentioned that fans should be buzzing ... why not try it, rather than whining. Be a bee, not a mosquito.
(y)
Just wait till tonight Moonay if certain players are not in the team there'll be folk on here creaming themselves!!

Yes to some it does matter. Think you need to take the blinkers off. Open your Eyes they haven’t Spent any thing on the stadium or players since promotion
Look what the reaction from the fans was like when the wages story broke. It gets seen, it gets read, it creates interest. I would like positive stuff to find its way to the headlines, creating positive reactions and selling more tickets. I can't understand why fans who want this then get tarnished as negative.

Look what the reaction from the fans was like when the wages story broke. It gets seen, it gets read, it creates interest. I would like positive stuff to find its way to the headlines, creating positive reactions and selling more tickets. I can't understand why fans who want this then get tarnished as negative.

I'm not sure if "negative" is the right term JR ... just maybe overly demanding, or maybe pernickety ... looking for a (not really justifiable reason) to moan. The stadium name for example.... or the away ground info for the friendlies - look on the other club's website!

When players are signed, they'll no doubt be announced. Having very few rumours is (for me) a good thing.

As for season ticket sales, though I know that some would like to know, I really can't give a toss ........ they'll be what they'll be ................... and on the day match prices are normally ( I think) opposition dependent.

All that said, people do need to look for stuff themselves ....... there's been plenty of stuff on the club site and on official twitter (as well as Talal's a/c) that some seem to gloss over.

I'm not sure if "negative" is the right term JR ... just maybe overly demanding, or maybe pernickety ... looking for a (not really justifiable reason) to moan. The stadium name for example.... or the away ground info for the friendlies - look on the other club's website!

When players are signed, they'll no doubt be announced. Having very few rumours is (for me) a good thing.

As for season ticket sales, though I know that some would like to know, I really can't give a toss ........ they'll be what they'll be ................... and on the day match prices are normally ( I think) opposition dependent.

All that said, people do need to look for stuff themselves ....... there's been plenty of stuff on the club site and on official twitter (as well as Talal's a/c) that some seem to gloss over.

The problem is mate, if it's not glaringly obvious people don't search for it, they want to be spoon fed.