Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Bolger might be next season's Pett, DC will not have brought him in on whim. A full preseason and more time on method may well see his potential realised, and DC clearly rates him over Wilson. That's good enough for me and Wilson may well be moved on.

50% right......(there is a fee involved).
I do just wonder now they have signed Matt Green, whether Grimsby may try and tempt Rheady there, with the promise of more game time and playing alongside his mate.

Have no evidence or source for this, just a gut feeling and some logical thinking, especially as he will get precious little football and playing time with us.

I do just wonder now they have signed Matt Green, whether Grimsby may try and tempt Rheady there, with the promise of more game time and playing alongside his mate.

Have no evidence or source for this, just a gut feeling and some logical thinking, especially as he will get precious little football and playing time with us.

When Grimsby are pushing for 15th spot in January, they might just come knocking.

I'd be surprised. He has just signed a new deal, already commutes from Stoke (so can't see him wanting another half an hour plus kn his commute each way) and is unlikely to be allowed to train at home some days as he does with us.

Listening to Danny on Hope and Glory last night it didn't sound like any signings in the near future, kept making the point about moving players out before signings. Said he had a very experienced backline and central midfield and wants to strengthen the 7,9, 10, 11 positions with young players who would develop and be next summers money raisers.

Looks that way, doesn't it? And that could take quite some time to finalise.
Unless more than one is leaving, 2 or 3 could be sold for decent money allowing them to bring in 6,7 or even 8 new players.
It'll be one of Danny's famous chains no doubt, once one moves it all starts happening.
It's very odd we've no one in or out yet, can't remember a quieter close season.

Unless more than one is leaving, 2 or 3 could be sold for decent money allowing them to bring in 6,7 or even 8 new players.
It'll be one of Danny's famous chains no doubt, once one moves it all starts happening.
It's very odd we've no one in or out yet, can't remember a quieter close season.

It's amazing what 3 seasons with the same managers who have the foresight to do some forward planning to build a balanced squad can do...

Not a massive amount of announcements across the board at the moment but much will be happening behind closed doors. Players still in contract until 30th June might be being tempted. We'll just have to be patient

I suspect that much but not all depends upon whether Bruno is sold or not. No point in getting a poorer player in now when we might be able to push the boat out that bit further should we get a good fee for Bruno or another player.

It's amazing what 3 seasons with the same managers who have the foresight to do some forward planning to build a balanced squad can do...
I'm sure everything is planned and in place, never in my memory have we had such an organised and melticous management team.
93 wins out of 174 games kinda suggests they know 100 % what they're doing

Last edited: