Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Beleaguered transport secretary Chris Grayling offers £89m investment to the Imps, and targets James Ferry of Woking and Will Ferry of Southamption as his first signings.

Well at least he will be pushing the boat out this time! Oh hang on he would probably cancel their contracts before they start

Think you fellas need to go back and read the title of this thread (btw it doesn’t say ‘Things that will definitely happen in the transfer market this summer’).

My post from last year, I've no problem with rumours, all part of the merry go round. But if you've genuinely been told something in confidence from within the club then say nothing rather than drop some heavy handed hints just to make you sound "in the know" and one up on the inside track.

Aug 8, 2018
Impish said:
"Some of us are happy for the odd rumour, even if its not always going to be 100% right or accurate, just ignore these people that seem quick to criticise because it helps in times when there's not much else to talk about for instance. At the end of the day this is an Imps forum and we all want us to be successful (well most of us on here anyway). I think its because certain individuals don't like to feel that sometimes people know more than a few others."

Actually it's statements like "I've been sworn to secrecy but..." Just don't say anything then and keep the confidence you've been given rather than splashing it all over a public forum. It's more that some people can't help but demonstrate they are exactly the people who shouldn't be given these confidences in the first place...

O
Perhaps he meant an offer for Bossie or an offer for a player from Grimsby?

I would be surprised by neither. Bostwick has proven himself to be a very good player and I imagine a few League 1 clubs would like him.

I would expect Frecklington and Akinde to stay. As mentioned Frecklington is needed for HG quota. Akinde would need a very good offer to leave, unless he's unhappy for some reason (which by the effort to get him in I have doubts about).
A player such as Wilson would be a very good signing for Grimsby.

Realistically DC must be trying to fix up Wilson to free some budget and it wouldn`t surprise me if we offloaded him to Grimsby for a small fee and soon?

O

A player such as Wilson would be a very good signing for Grimsby.

Realistically DC must be trying to fix up Wilson to free some budget and it wouldn`t surprise me if we offloaded him to Grimsby for a small fee and soon?

As I have said numerous times in the past, Wilson should be ahead of Bolger in the centre-back pecking order, and it pains me to see how his Imps career has hit the skids. I for one, will be sad to see him go, if he does indeed depart. Bolger's a bit of liability at the back, Wilson's far more assured (and don't just judge him on his outings at right-back).

As I have said numerous times in the past, Wilson should be ahead of Bolger in the centre-back pecking order, and it pains me to see how his Imps career has hit the skids. I for one, will be sad to see him go, if he does indeed depart. Bolger's a bit of liability at the back, Wilson's far more assured (and don't just judge him on his outings at right-back).

Bolger in my opinion will prove to be a good player. From what I have seen so far his actual defending is really solid. His problem is when in possession his distribution is not so hot. But there are ways round that and that can be worked on.

Wilson is a better player with the ball but in relation to 99% of professional centre halves can 't head the ball for toffee. That in my mind is why we have I'd seen much of him.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2019/06/10...ln-lack-the-budget-to-pay-fee-for-mark-ohara/
Mildly interesting quote from DM. Smoke and mirrors from Danny possibly, but in any case it spices up the Posh matches nicely. Big spending 'boro against poor little Lincoln. No pressure on you 'boro boys to win from your own chairman there, no pressure.

Seems unlikely that we would set up a fee in January without the knowledge that we'd be in the financial position to complete the deal come June. More likely DC has decided the money is better spent elsewhere, possibly on someone who wasn't available to us six months ago but now is.

Gotta say that Matt Green looks a lot happier in that shot signing for Grimsby than when Salford announced him. I wonder if he written off the bulk of his contract with Salford just to get away from there

Not sure about this this. Bolger I think will be a good and commanding CB for usand did a solid job in L1 beforehand by all accounts. Coming in as he did mid-season and still being decent is never easy, admittedly not the best on the ball but a good defender.

Wilson was decent but did have a slight black mark in the play-off semi for me, heading the ball back across his own box. Was a bit of an un-Lincoln goal to give away at that time when we defended/attacking set pieces so well. I'm not quite sure what went on last season for him to not get near the team though.

Bolger in my opinion will prove to be a good player. From what I have seen so far his actual defending is really solid. His problem is when in possession his distribution is not so hot. But there are ways round that and that can be worked on.

Wilson is a better player with the ball but in relation to 99% of professional centre halves can 't head the ball for toffee. That in my mind is why we have I'd seen much of him.

It's odd because in the only two games I really saw him play live he scored with his head twice.

I’m of the same opinion as you mate, would rather see him stay ahead of Bolger atm.

That being said very tough to judge on him coming half way through into a settled and well performing side.

I am quite liking playing the pauper until the first couple of shackell esq signings roll into town.
We've usually ended up with a couple of those type of signings under DC.

Woodyard and Raggett (and Arnold). Bostwick and Green. Akinde and Shackell (and Andrade).