Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Not sure what you mean here - can you explain further?

We had an ‘option’ with Posh for Lee Angol, similar to the O’Hara situation.

Danny wanted Angol, but Posh didn’t stick to the agreement. They moved the goalposts as Stags were willing to pay a higher transfer fee and wages.

Obviously I don’t know all the details of each agreement, but in my opinion I would say history has repeated itself. MacAnthony knows there is more interest in O’Hara and is holding out for a bigger deal.

The Freck thing is a wild guess, but I still think there’s a fairly good chance of seeing O’Hara with us again next season. Regardless of whether our ‘option’ expired three weeks ago.

From what I’ve been told the budget is around the 18th most competitive in the league, with the expectation it will be substantially boosted by some transfer activity. Offers in for several players, one of which you’ll never believe and if it were to happen banter would have a melt down. It’s going to be exciting?
How can we be categoric that it’s 18th? Do clubs secretly publish or share their budgets to form a ranking list? I don’t really understand how these judgements can be made with any confidence.

24 teams - Accrington, bury, Bolton, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood & Blackpool all lower?

Oxford rochdale Wycombe afc Wimbledon Tranmere Southend could also be lower

Bristol rovers, burton Albion, gillingham Coventry not sure!

Portsmouth Sunderland Peterborough Ipswich Doncaster mk dons Rotherham definitely higher.

I reckon our budget is somewhere between 8th to 18th!

How can we be categoric that it’s 18th? Do clubs secretly publish or share their budgets to form a ranking list? I don’t really understand how these judgements can be made with any confidence.
They do, yes.

There's a bench marking list, which is published to Clubs periodically but doesn't name the Clubs so you'll obviously be able to place yourself within said list.

I can't imagine Grimsby being able to afford any of our players, tbh.

I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, we're just operating on a different financial level to them at the minute and over the last couple of years.

I can't imagine Grimsby being able to afford any of our players, tbh.

I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, we're just operating on a different financial level to them at the minute and over the last couple of years.

You can be as disrespectful as you like to that lot. We do not mind.

Under contract so will definitely cost them and as Luke says he'll be on good money here 2-3k a week?
Shackell out for the first few games of the new season and I don't trust Bolger at all, rather sell him on than Bostwick!

From what I’ve been told the budget is around the 18th most competitive in the league, with the expectation it will be substantially boosted by some transfer activity. Offers in for several players, one of which you’ll never believe and if it were to happen banter would have a melt down. It’s going to be exciting?
Are you Dunc Imp in disguise? I always challenge him with "put up or shut up!

We had an ‘option’ with Posh for Lee Angol, similar to the O’Hara situation.

Danny wanted Angol, but Posh didn’t stick to the agreement. They moved the goalposts as Stags were willing to pay a higher transfer fee and wages.

Obviously I don’t know all the details of each agreement, but in my opinion I would say history has repeated itself. MacAnthony knows there is more interest in O’Hara and is holding out for a bigger deal.

The Freck thing is a wild guess, but I still think there’s a fairly good chance of seeing O’Hara with us again next season. Regardless of whether our ‘option’ expired three weeks ago.
Oh, right. I have no note of City having an option to buy Lee Angol when he joined from Peterborough.

50% right......(there is a fee involved).

Mattytindraws, do you know how much of an absolute idiot you are going to look?

I had wondered why I'd blocked you. Now It's been confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

And no doubt you've been sworn to secrecy about who those players we have offers for are...

Perhaps he meant an offer for Bossie or an offer for a player from Grimsby?

I would be surprised by neither. Bostwick has proven himself to be a very good player and I imagine a few League 1 clubs would like him. A player such as Wilson would be a very good signing for Grimsby.

I would expect Frecklington and Akinde to stay. As mentioned Frecklington is needed for HG quota. Akinde would need a very good offer to leave, unless he's unhappy for some reason (which by the effort to get him in I have doubts about).