Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

I think from what I've heard he's actually alright, not seen much of him though. Looks like they paid decent money for him

Boldewijn was mooted last summer. Useful but possibly not League 1 level and certainly no better than Anderson or Andrade

Think we'll be looking for better than their cast offs tbh.

Enzio Boldewijn is quite a cool name though tbf.

He did take us and particularly Habergham apart in the away game at Crawley last season. I thought he was a really good signing for County when they got him. Of course whether he can mix it in League 1 is the big question.

I think it's not really fair to judge him on this season's performances. He's had 3 different managers and god knows how many different teammates. If anyone can get the best out of a player then it's DC and NC.

And as for Andrade and Anderson, who says they'll both be here next year.

Just to add some spice to the debate - it is understood that LCFC have been in touch with Man Utd about the possibility of taking Paul Pogba on loan for the 2019/20 season as they want to give him some experience of a tougher training and playing regime.

Just to add some spice to the debate - it is understood that LCFC have been in touch with Man Utd about the possibility of taking Paul Pogba on loan for the 2019/20 season as they want to give him some experience of a tougher training and playing regime.
To add weight to claims like this you are supposed to say something like; ‘a friend of the club doctor told me that…’ or ‘a parent of a players family friend says…’

Did you mean to post this yesterday?

A friend of the club doctor told me that it is very early to be starting summer transfer rumours. These so-called experts on Twitter don't have a lot to do at the moment.

Boldewijn has been getting pelters from County fans all season for his poor form and questionable attitude - just head over to Notts County Mad right now and you will see plenty of negative stuff. That may be due to the injury he picked up earlier in the season, but it does raise a question mark or two. He will be on a huge wage too in addition to the £300,000 they are alleged to have paid for him, and they will want to get a lot of that back. Lincoln would have been keen on him last summer but perhaps this season has moved him further down the list.

And as for Andrade and Anderson, who says they'll both be here next year

I expect we'll get offers for both during the summer so no harm in looking for replacement options just in case. Whether they go is obviously dependent on a lot of variables but both might consider what has happened with Rowe and Roberts for example who aren't getting game time in the Championship so have had to return to League 2. I hope both are still with us come August as they are League 1 level

Being in League One would certainly help us to hang on to them. Consider where they are likely to go: either to the Championship (where they may not get many games) or to League One (where Lincoln would be anyway). Unfortunately the wages in the Championship are far higher than League Two/One and football is a short career.

But there is a caveat: promotion to a higher division will require a substantial upgrade in squad. That will mean a lot of the players who took us to promotion will not be here next season - by Lincoln's choice - and that may include some old favourites and certainly a few surprises. We were surprised by the difference in standard between the National League and League Two, and the same gap exists between Leagues Two and One. It is easy to believe our players are top notch, but that is based on their performances in League Two. League One will be a different story, and DC/NC will be fully aware of what is required. That will lead to a number of difficult but necessary decisions but it is about making the right decisions.

Bruno has made no secret of his ambition to get back to Championship level or higher. The interview he did in one of the national papers said as much.

By this time next season, we will have 7 or 8 new first team regulars. It happens every season.
We'll be a bigger fish in Division 1, much better players will want to play for us.

Please try something believable. This lad will definitely fail the ****** test. Occasionally he might also look too good for us.

Each season we have trimmed off the bottom and added to the top. With this in mind I'm guessing DC will be looking towards the top end of League 1 or the Championship for his players. Next year at this time we may well be looking to replace the likes of Bostwick etc. if our progression continues.

Will be interesting to see the 'outs' this summer.

When we were promoted out of the NL, there were some you knew probably weren't FL quality (Muldoon, Howe etc) but I think it's a bit more difficult this time around because a) we haven't been there for a while but b) it's a better squad relative to the league, both in terms of quality and depth IMO.