Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 83 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Was on £10k a week at Barnsley as well!

Just using him as an example of the type of striker DC would probably swap Akinde for. Obviously we'd not get a Moore etc quality one.

Who would that be then? John Akinde?

Surely a lot will depend on Akinde himself. No player can ever be happy sitting on the bench every week. He must know himself that unless Walker suffers a loss in form or is injured then Walker will quite rightly be selected ahead of him.
In the circumstances he may well be looking for a move himself. One thing for sure if he is leaving we can guarantee that Danny will have a replacement lined up for him.
In any case we will all know by tomorrow night if these are baseless rumours or not.

Strikers who don't start generally leave fairly quickly. Only Matt Rhead of the last four years survived for a decent amount of time.

Strikers who don't start generally leave fairly quickly. Only Matt Rhead of the last four years survived for a decent amount of time.

The Cowley’s have been ruthless when required though and until this year we’ve had a high squad turnover which is to be expected when you get 2 promotions in 3 years.

We’ll wait to see what happens but they’ll clearly have a plan. Personally don’t see Akinde going but there are some rumours.

I would keep John, I wouldn’t want to lessen the experience up front. It’s a tough long season.

The only reason I can think DC would look to move him on if there is a player he just doesn’t want to miss out on, not for an 18 year old loanee from the Prem or Champ, that’s to risky.

With Pett and Freck back in training in the next couple of weeks, Coker at left back as well. For me it leaves a centre forward and one more wide man to boost the squad/improve the team.

Who would that be then? John Akinde?
Not necessarily.

I wouldn't class Akinde as a target man per se, I think he's quite an all round ST who can offer a bit of everything without necessarily being exceptional at one thing like Rhead (heading) and Green (channel running) and I mean that in a complimentary way.

The likes of Moore and Hawkins are more Rhead in terms of winning headers and also being able to direct them like he did rather than just flicking them on and are proper, mobile, target men types, who are technically better. I think the difference between Walker and Akinde in that respect is quite noticeable.

Young players on loan, keen to learn, wanting that chance to prove themselves. Hawkins probably dont wanna come to the frozen north, it's getting towards that time of the year.

Free loans according to Danny, the board called in a favour with Connolly now it's his turn to do the same.

Interesting we've brought 10 players in, yet kept the players who played 81.4% of the minutes last year - as ever, Cowleys trim from the bottom and add to the top. I've genuinely never known a management team who work so effectively and efficiently in the transfer market.
The quiet revolution as it has been since day dot ?