Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

I think the Isle of Ireland is a pool of untapped footballing talent that we are specifically casting our rod in as part of the strategy to catch young (cheap) players, nurture them and release them to clubs higher up the pyramid.

The whole Irish language tutor thing was designed to help the younger element of that, but whoever is trawling the Irish Leagues is looking at any young fry.

Happy fishing LCFC.

I think the Isle of Ireland is a pool of untapped footballing talent that we are specifically casting our rod in as part of the strategy to catch young (cheap) players, nurture them and release them to clubs higher up the pyramid.

The whole Irish language tutor thing was designed to help the younger element of that, but whoever is trawling the Irish Leagues is looking at any young fry.

Happy fishing LCFC.

roughan is a good example of this - the cost of bed and board, the salary of a tutor and the wages of a first year pro are nothing compared to the value of selling him on.

What would you rather do - join a vibrant club with 10,000 sell-outs every week (hopefully) or join Burnley U23 (not Burnley) to play insipid tactical football in front of no one every week?

Money talks, perhaps.

I watched some Portadown highlights. It was big bruising football, but Bonis stood out as having some quality. Big, strong and ran hard on some very dodgy pitches. Good control, quick, running the channels and intelligent use of lay-offs. Liked to drop back, run around his defender and come to the near post for crosses. Sort of a cross between Hopper and Scully. I can see why English clubs would be interested.

Whenever young Roughan played 1st team, played as though he'd been with us forever, such confidence, right from 1st minute on field, well done young man and all the very best 9 every game he played for us.

Whenever young Roughan played 1st team, played as though he'd been with us forever, such confidence, right from 1st minute on field, well done young man and all the very best 9 every game he played for us.

He did really well but would struggle to say '9' for say Blackpool where Hamilton gave him a rough time.

Looked like a good young player of course.