Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

According to golden data source EFL hub Twitter: Palmer will be WBA number 1 keeper next season unless bought by 3 listed championship clubs and 1 prem club (they listed them I just can’t remember who they said and it doesn’t really matter because they’ve made it up probably.)

According to golden data source EFL hub Twitter: Palmer will be WBA number 1 keeper next season unless bought by 3 listed championship clubs and 1 prem club (they listed them I just can’t remember who they said and it doesn’t really matter because they’ve made it up probably.)

Think Johnstone is nailed on for a move providing the market has any movement in it at all next year so it's not ridiculous.

Not totally sure about second half of the season Palmer being number 1 for a team with prem aspirations, but he is decent.

Think Johnstone is nailed on for a move providing the market has any movement in it at all next year so it's not ridiculous.

Not totally sure about second half of the season Palmer being number 1 for a team with prem aspirations, but he is decent.

Then we will be needing a new keeper in any case then! :giggle:

Agreed but he’s risen to the challenge over the past 2 seasons so wouldn’t rule it out.

Whilst it’s great that Sean is getting these opportunities, I hope this doesn’t have a negative effect on his career. Playing in the Imps first team is surely better than a Premier development squad. Only time will tell. Hope he remains with us though.

I'm quite happy for Chelsea and Saints to get involved in a bidding war. With Chelsea in particular though, I would insert a clause to get a percentage of any loan fees they receive for him. I would argue that amounts to a transfer fee.

Whilst it’s great that Sean is getting these opportunities, I hope this doesn’t have a negative effect on his career. Playing in the Imps first team is surely better than a Premier development squad. Only time will tell. Hope he remains with us though.
Pity we didn't play him this year then!

You are probably right. The ever reliable Wikipedia has two different dates of birth for him - 31st August 2003 and 14th March 2003,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Roughan

Which is better than this Irish site, Soccerscene.ie, which bizarrely gives his Date of Birth as 25th November 1845,

http://test.soccerscene.ie/ss_gen/player.php?id=609&level=ss17

Perhaps they're confusing him with the Portuguese novelist, José Maria de Eça de Queirós, which is an easy mistake to make.

Last edited: