Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Retained list later this week I'm guessing?

For a change the list won't be very long.
The only real question mark hangs over Harry Anderson, who I would want to stay and hopefully that muted option will be triggered by both sides.
Ethan Ross will probably be released. Theo Archibald as well assuming his initial deal was only 1 year.
Zac Elbouzedi's contract seems a bit clouded in mystery and if it's up he'll be released as well. If it has another 12 months to run we'll probably look to move him on. Same with Max Melbourne.
Other than that I think the others within the first team squad are all signed up for at least another 12 months

For a change the list won't be very long.
The only real question mark hangs over Harry Anderson, who I would want to stay and hopefully that muted option will be triggered by both sides.
Ethan Ross will probably be released. Theo Archibald as well assuming his initial deal was only 1 year.
Zac Elbouzedi's contract seems a bit clouded in mystery and if it's up he'll be released as well. If it has another 12 months to run we'll probably look to move him on. Same with Max Melbourne.
Other than that I think the others within the first team squad are all signed up for at least another 12 months

Really don't think Harry is staying, heard a few rumours it's already been sorted to be fair. I don't think I'd look at the game yesterday either if I was him and be happy I hadn't been involved.

Really don't think Harry is staying, heard a few rumours it's already been sorted to be fair. I don't think I'd look at the game yesterday either if I was him and be happy I hadn't been involved.

You are probably right. He won't be short of offers and will want a bit more guaranteed playing time

Agree with your assessment Sedgley. The only one of the rest of the established squad I wasn’t sure about is Jones. Since Covid he’s seemed to struggle to regain his full fitness. Maybe a good pre-season will do him good. Hope so - there were signs of a decent player in there pre-Covid.
Harry is an odd one. I’d love him to stay and I think he offers something different if MA goes with the Rogers/Johnson style of striker, particularly if Howarth, Elbouzedi and Archibald are released.

Agree with your assessment Sedgley. The only one of the rest of the established squad I wasn’t sure about is Jones. Since Covid he’s seemed to struggle to regain his full fitness. Maybe a good pre-season will do him good. Hope so - there were signs of a decent player in there pre-Covid.
Harry is an odd one. I’d love him to stay and I think he offers something different if MA goes with the Rogers/Johnson style of striker, particularly if Howarth, Elbouzedi and Archibald are released.
Jones would be the only one who might be made available for transfer.

Or alternatively, some may have their contracts paid up in the interests of both parties. What’s the saying “by mutual consent”

Got to be some movement and manipulation somewhere to make room and raise funds. As i said on another thread we need 3 quality players to replace Eyoma, Palmer and Johnson for, if you like, the squad to stand still. Then need 2/3 more to try and improve the squad to hopefully make that extra push in what would appear on paper to be a tougher division next season. Going to need M A and the team to be finding some gems.

Three players at least have taken up some of this season’s budget with very little game time in return. For next season we don’t need stocking fillers we need main presents.

He's probably having lunch with DC at this very moment!
Not sure Harry is up to our style of football or even Div 1. Had some great times with Harry but after 5 ? years we both need a change of scenery. Good luck to him, will miss his happy smile !

Not sure Harry is up to our style of football or even Div 1. Had some great times with Harry but after 5 ? years we both need a change of scenery. Good luck to him, will miss his happy smile !
Harry was one of our best players pre-covid and had really responded to the challenges MA had set him, he most certainly suited our style and L1 - the player ratings do not lie!

If MA thinks he can regain that level with a good preseason there may be a deal to be done.

You do not lose a player of the level, abilities, attitude and experience that Harry has, for free and replace him easily. Whether he does move on or not is another point altogether.

Jordan Graham being rumoured again but Birmingham were after him too.
Would love us to go after one of the two Accrington strikers, both quality IMHO.