Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

I think we could see a lot of traffic in both directions at Imps. I can't see Mapp and the recruitment team not looking to strengthen the squad. A lot will depend on What sort of investment comes into the club from this mystery American and if it is to be used to strengthen the squad.
Although I would rather he stayed i think Harry is pretty much destined to be leaving.
I also think that some contracted players may leave as well as those out of contract. Ross, Archibald, Ebouzedi, Melbourne, Howarth and Jones could all be out of the door.
I also think that Grant will go to the championship.
We also have other players who could well attract interest from others due to their form this season for example Edun,Sculy and Montsma.
Obviously all of the above won't be leaving but it will be an interesting summer I think. Plus will we be giving more contracts to any more Academy players .
Will Roughan be back or get a move to Chelsea or Southampton?
Will the club be able to get the loan signings in of the same quality as this season and will any of the loanees be back for another season.
At least it is something to keep us interested until the new season comes around.

I for one really hope that Harry stays - you don't often get a quick winger with such strength, and he gives us a strong directness which nobody else we currently have does. We've seen it often enough in league one when he charges forward and either gets a decent shot away or a fruitful cross. There's more to come from Harry Anderson and I sincerely hope it's with us. Gutted he didn't get on the field yesterday.

I think the below
Grant transferred
Rogers another loan to us
Palmer go back to wba
Morton go back wba
Zack released
Max released
Theo released
Eyoma another loan to us
Harry Anderson sold to portsmouth
Sean rougham to southampton
Remi released
Johnson back to forest
All pure speculation on mypart though

I think the below
Grant transferred
Palmer go back to wba
Morton go back wba
Zack released
Max released
Theo released
Eyoma another loan to us
Remi released
Johnson back to forest
All loans return to their parent club to begin with.

Remy and Max are both under contract for another year.

Whatever the retained list says, the squad won't look like that at the start of next season.

All loans return to their parent club to begin with.

Remy and Max are both under contract for another year.

Whatever the retained list says, the squad won't look like that at the start of next season.
Agree re loans and contracts etc it will be interesting off season I'm just taking a punt

I think the below
Grant transferred
Palmer go back to wba
Morton go back wba
Zack released
Max released
Theo released
Eyoma another loan to us
Remi released
Johnson back to forest
Howarth only signed a new deal about two months ago so he's not going anywhere.

Elbouzedi and Melbourne are still under contract so won't be released.

I am happy to be corrected, but I think the retained will list will only relate to,

1) Harry Anderson
2) Ethan Ross
3) Theo Archibald (if he is on a one year deal)
4) Zac Elbouzedi (who probably doesn't have a deal that expires this year)
4) Academy players that may or may not be offered a professional deal

I'm not saying which way any of those will go, but I would have thought any Academy deals would have been announced by now.

Jordan Graham being rumoured again but Birmingham were after him too.
Would love us to go after one of the two Accrington strikers, both quality IMHO.

He is a strange one 7 years a pro, more than a club a year played less than 100 games in that time. Does he have history of injuries or a history of falling out with managers?

I think the below
Grant transferred
Palmer go back to wba
Morton go back wba
Zack released
Max released
Theo released
Eyoma another loan to us
Remi released
Johnson back to forest

If as has been suggested Harry is out of contract in the summer he will go for free.

It surprises me that so many people are so sad to see the (probable) departure of Harry Anderson. Been a good player for us and has played a big part in our promotions.
However, he's had no track record of success at this level, hasn't looked comfortable playing the way MA wants us to and he's is only ever used as a late sub or in games deemed less important.
I think we'd all agree this season has seen us play the best and most successful football in decades. He's not been a part of that and that's because we've been able to find better options.
Possibly harsh, but I think we've left him behind.

T J will not be back, he will be higher up the pyramid next season, and deserves to be.

I very much doubt he will get much game time in a Championship side. For a start which is his best position ? (he played three of the four defensive positions this season) and he didn't exactly cover himself in glory at centre half in the last two games of the season. However, he performed excellently for us overall.

I feel the same way about our other loan players, as good as four of them have been, and all of whom will be hard to replace.

Johnson is expected by everyone to be in Forest's squad but how many opportunities will he get there with a safety-first coach like Hughton?

Palmer has done well too of course, but he's not yet anything like good enough to be first choice goalkeeper for a side of WBA's standing.

And Rogers has more than enough ability to play in the Championship but he'll be very much on the fringes of anywhere he goes. Maybe less so if it's one of the newly promoted sides.

However, he's had no track record of success at this level, hasn't looked comfortable playing the way MA wants us to and he's is only ever used as a late sub or in games deemed less important.
In Harry’s defence, Appleton normally only ever does late subs.

It’ll be a shame because he’s done a lot for the club, but we’ve no reason to believe there’s not a plan in place whatever happens in his future.

As much as I would like to have TJ back, as far as Spurs will be concerned his time with us is job done. Much will depend on who ends up in charge at White Hart Lane, but I really can't see them sending him back to us for a third occasion. I also think that if they decide to cash in on him, he'll be well out of our financial reach

It surprises me that so many people are so sad to see the (probable) departure of Harry Anderson. Been a good player for us and has played a big part in our promotions.
I think we'd all agree this season has seen us play the best and most successful football in decades. He's not been a part of that and that's because we've been able to find better options.
Possibly harsh, but I think we've left him behind.
What!!

You have a short memory.

One of our best players and regular starter before covid did its worst. A good rest to complete his recovery, a good preseason, he can have a significant role to play next season. If he is released it may suggest covid has had a lasting effect.