Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Mo Eisa made available from Peterborough. Maybe they'll offer him in swap deal for one of ours....

Eisa was the classic case of a player having one good season in the lower divisions (in his case at Cheltenham) and getting 'snapped up' for a million plus by a bigger club (Bristol City originally). Peterborough are believed to have paid over a million for him, and now they are giving him away less than two years later. Could end up back at Cheltenham this summer for free.

On that basis, it is interesting to observe the situation with Luke Jephcott. Had a great first half of the season and Plymouth fans were ecstatic at the thought of a £10m windfall for their star man - apparently Forest were quoted £5m for him in March. What happened after that? No goals in 19 games and couldn't even make a desperately poor Plymouth team towards the end of the season. What is he worth now?

Think Eisa will still be costly. Would expect that Posh will try to get c.£250K* and his wages are quite likely high.

Even if he hits it off because of his ‘failed’ time at Bristol no club will be willing to pay millions quickly for him.

*no evidence to back this up. Just a guess from previous fees etc.

Think we’ve been linked with Randell Williams at Exeter. He’s been offered a new deal but manager has said he expects him to leave.

Think we’ve been linked with Randell Williams at Exeter. He’s been offered a new deal but manager has said he expects him to leave.

From what I can gather, he is two footed, quick attack minded. Much more likely to be competition for Anderson/Scully on the right than Poole, but can play the wing-back roll.

I'm not mentioning him because he's an ex-Lincoln player, but Vadaine Oliver has been very good for Gillingham this season and is regularly one of their best players – I wouldn't be sad to see him come back, not that it's going to happen.

Just to put all the internet twitter speculation into perspective , EFL hub are saying we are interested in 37 year old just released Bradford striker Clayton Donaldson!!!

Just to put all the internet twitter speculation into perspective , EFL hub are saying we are interested in 37 year old just released Bradford striker Clayton Donaldson!!!
Also linked us with Jake Taylor from Exeter. A guy leaving Exeter to be closer to home. Also not fitting our signings profile I don’t think.