Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Hopefully we’ve got two lists of targets. Which ones we go for will be determined in the next 2 weeks
I think you’re underestimating out recruitment department here.

I imagine we have lists for every single possibility that could happen in football.

We get promoted to the premiership somehow, B teams push us into League 2, we get kicked out of the football league, we go off and join a European Super League - I bet these all have lists 😂😂😂

Everyone at the club is very quiet about the Jordy Hiwula deal again, it must be happening this year.
Hadn't really noticed him at Portsmouth. Played nine league games with no goals since joining in October after about six months of speculation. Playing another six and scored three times in the cups.

Rumoured target Jordan Graham released after turning down Gillingham's contract offer.
Not a great surprise, Gillingham have known for some time they would not be able to keep him, he is actually too good for them and that style of play. Good player, deserves a good club...

Rumoured target Jordan Graham released after turning down Gillingham's contract offer.

Connor Ogilvie and Jack Bonham also released. Bonham would be a good shout as a new keeper, while so would Ogilvie, but we have plenty of left-backs on the books. Akinde has been transfer listed, also, which is a bit surprising.

Connor Ogilvie and Jack Bonham also released. Bonham would be a good shout as a new keeper, while so would Ogilvie, but we have plenty of left-backs on the books. Akinde has been transfer listed, also, which is a bit surprising.
Bonham, Ogilvie and Graham were not released - they all rejected new contract offers. I wonder why?

It leaves Gillingham with only seven players for next season at this point, assuming Akinde and Maghoma also leave.

Scunny have released 17 players! Seems quite a few clubs are offloading a shedload of players this summer.
They are, probably due to the financial uncertainty that prevails.

It is also noticeable that clubs are releasing senior players. That is probably related to wages as well, but could also be linked to a possible shift towards younger players generally after this compacted season. In League One, Ipswich, Burton and Fleetwood have all released clutches of 30-something players so far, and it sounds as if Charlton are about to follow suit.

Bonham, Ogilvie and Graham were not released - they all rejected new contract offers. I wonder why?

It leaves Gillingham with only seven players for next season at this point, assuming Akinde and Maghoma also leave.

Sorry my mistake, yep not released.

Finally they do have the smallest squad in league one!

Will the bookmakers even be accepting bets on Scunthorpe to be relegated next season? They have the look of a doomed club, if reports in the local media are anything to go by.