Steve Cooper | Page 35 | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

so 2 major finals for the international kids and two play offs in his only 2 seasons in the same league and forest with one of our worst ever managers at te botom of the league and you had doubts.. Fair enough, but did they have to win consecutive premier leagues for you to not have doubts?
I had doubts too. He had two seasons of championship football under his belt, both with a recently relegated team. He had no experience at all of managing a team out of relegation trouble.

Happily so far he has proved my doubts wrong.

I had doubts too. He had two seasons of championship football under his belt, both with a recently relegated team. He had no experience at all of managing a team out of relegation trouble.

Happily so far he has proved my doubts wrong.

once we got rid of CH we wernt in any relagation trouble :) wed only played 7 games and had a decent squad after all.

You couldn't see where a goal was coming from, and we looked like conceding every game. now we still concede but look like we can score every game, it's unbelievable how negative CH was. He'd still be playing the same stuff now and we'd probably be below the sheep if he was still here, you'd almost think he wanted out.

Someone just mentione super cooper and I commented that we should have a song to the tune of super trouper b abba. perhaps someone can ellaborate on
The super cooper team is gonna thrill me Playing in the sun Scoring, having fun We're gonna win another one :D

It has been chalk and cheese the difference between Cooper and Hughton. Whilst we have strengthened in a few areas the difference in coaching is a chasm.
I feel Forest have really turned a corner both in the recruitment policy and management structure.
Keeping hold of Cooper is our most important piece of the puzzle I feel. There are certain players that will return to their clubs after this season. We might loose one or two, but the improvement shown across the board to the players is excellent.
I feel confident whatever happens, if we keep the management team together we will a more than better chance next season, but I have my fingers crossed for this.

Go and read the first 10 pages of this thread

Some absolute bangers in there but the highlights have to be
Popes assessment or should it be character assassination of Cooper

Nailed it

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Go and read the first 10 pages of this thread

Some absolute bangers in there but the highlights have to be
Popes assessment or should it be character assassination of Cooper

Nailed it

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

To be fair to Pope, he has said several times that he's very happy to have been proven wrong and I think most of those who were against Cooper would say the same.

It's young @RedRoss I feel for. He was actively hoping that Cooper would be a failure so he must be hating this season so far.

To be fair to Pope, he has said several times that he's very happy to have been proven wrong and I think most of those who were against Cooper would say the same.

It's young @RedRoss I feel for. He was actively hoping that Cooper would be a failure so he must be hating this season so far.

He has but its funny just reading back what some of us said about him

I guess it was the same for Dane Murphy?