Steve Cooper | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

I think this one is plausible and looks like a Gary Brazil recommendation.

Before his two years at Swansea, he was manager of the Academy at Liverpool where he worked with Warren Joyce, our new U18s manager.

He had a very decent 45% win percentage during his two years at Swansea, and is supposedly excellent at developing youngsters.

Whoever the next appointment is will go a long way to indicating who exactly is making the decisions

With that face, the players will be terrified into performing. I expect us to win the league if he comes. A different kind of fear to the kind Roy Keane would bring.

Really not happy with that.

I thought his Swansea side were expensive and poor.

Never once saw them play well.

God knows how they made the playoffs twice; they were fortunate every time they beat us and had some incredible legacy players to give them a lift up.

Very, very much doubt he would he the man to turn this ship around

"There were never any qualms when it came to results. Cooper probably overachieved in that respect but the style of play was a recurring gripe..........

Swansea’s success, particularly in Cooper’s second season, was largely based on a strong defence and grinding out results. It was undoubtedly effective but it was not pretty or exciting to watch."

A strong defence and grinding out results is exactly what will get us out of this mess; anyone who thinks a new manager is going to come in and flick a switch and everything will be alright is misguided.

I have a feeling playing fancy football in league one next season will not be to everyone's liking.

FFS, Super Steve will be brilliant for us. He'll have us pushing into the playoffs by Easter.

This has NOT been edited.

Last edited: