Steve Cooper | Page 34 | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

Just watched the highlights
Think Cooperman is going to do a Billy MK1 and play an attacking brand of football

Im excited

Not really sure how you think Billy MK1 was attacking.

Yes, it was in a few games, but generally it was pretty much about grinding out results.

Yes, it was in a few games, but generally it was pretty much about grinding out results.

Let's hope that yesterday was not our West Brom away moment and we can do that a few more times this season, STARTING SATURDAY.

Nope we all thought he was going to play route one football it couldn't have been further from the truth

Pretty much some of the best football we had played since Dave Bassett and Frank Clark eras

Billy played a very pragmatic brand of football. He set us up to sit in and counter attack the better teams. The weaker teams we would go after but we were always more likely to protect a lead than consolidate it.

We also played a mix of passing and direct football, again dependent on the opposition.

I can’t deny that it was probably the best football we have seen in a long while but then that bar has been set very low.

We've always had a dog and they've all been used to sleeping in an outdoor kennel. When the last one died of old age 8 years ago my wife thought we shouldn't replace him as we could then resume overseas holidays together with no bother. 4 weeks later my eldest son turned up with a dog and remarked that dad needed a dog. I knew he was right and it only took 10 minutes before my wife was won over. It took another day to realize that it was an indoor dog and we had never had one before. It was from the local pound, 4 years old at the time and its previous owner had put in all the training hard yards, now it's just like another kid and sleeps on the bed at night. Best dog we've ever had, and we've never had a mess of any sort.

Don't know what that proves - probably nothing.
that dogs arent meant to be kept outdoors :) unless the kids are too

In a way I am gutted that the International break is here. We were on a good run and form and confidence was building.

On the flip side though, Cooper will have most of his players and will have time to really get to know them and start implementing his ideas.

If possible we need to get ourselves securely into mid-table and start looking upwards. Our ‘aspiration’ should be the pray offs but first we need to get to 50 points and then see where we are and how many games are left.

Early days yet but Cooper has started well and is on the way to proving me happily wrong…

In a way I am gutted that the International break is here. We were on a good run and form and confidence was building.

On the flip side though, Cooper will have most of his players and will have time to really get to know them and start implementing his ideas.

If possible we need to get ourselves securely into mid-table and start looking upwards. Our ‘aspiration’ should be the pray offs but first we need to get to 50 points and then see where we are and how many games are left.

Early days yet but Cooper has started well and is on the way to proving me happily wrong…

We have had a great start under Cooper. Great results and some nice football. We have been a bit lucky though. On Saturday they hit the post twice, one off the line and two smart saves from Samba. We failed, repeatedly from set pieces. Early in first half two long throws produced two real good chances. Later in half a free kick and a corner revealed two more. In second half again two corners produced further clear chances. We have to stop giving away free kicks and with three CD’s we should be capable of stopping chances at corners. As SC stated after game. The break provides an opportunity to correct these faults before we are penalised for them. Still on a good run and confidence will remain high. A spell on the training ground at this stage will prove to be invaluable if lessons can be put in to practice.

We have had a great start under Cooper. Great results and some nice football. We have been a bit lucky though. On Saturday they hit the post twice, one off the line and two smart saves from Samba. We failed, repeatedly from set pieces. Early in first half two long throws produced two real good chances. Later in half a free kick and a corner revealed two more. In second half again two corners produced further clear chances. We have to stop giving away free kicks and with three CD’s we should be capable of stopping chances at corners. As SC stated after game. The break provides an opportunity to correct these faults before we are penalised for them. Still on a good run and confidence will remain high. A spell on the training ground at this stage will prove to be invaluable if lessons can be put in to practice.
That’s where my head is at too. He has picked the same faces in the team and squad but with this break players like Ely, Ojeda and Silva have a chance to show what they can do and compete for a place. I know Ojeda has only just arrived but this break will help him to settle in.

Against Blues, Milwall and Cardiff we showed our vulnerabilities. In fairness Cooper was quick to confirm that he had seen it so hopefully he will be able to sort it.

At least we are talking about being able to resolve things and climb the table compared to a few weeks ago when we were just hoping to stay within reach.

Highlights of a recent meeting between Cooper and some supporters groups:

I think there is more than a touch of the Brenden Rogers about him, but without the meaningless platitudes.

It would be nice if he can replicate what Rogers has manged since leaving Swansea.

Highlights of a recent meeting between Cooper and some supporters groups:

I think there is more than a touch of the Brenden Rogers about him, but without the meaningless platitudes.

It would be nice if he can replicate what Rogers has manged since leaving Swansea.
So long as he replicates what Rogers did with Swansea first… 😁

I'm one of the supporters who had doubts about Steve Cooper, mainly because I didn't have much knowledge of his ability, although I knew of his time at Swansea.
I now know a bit more about him particularly after his short time at Forest. And I'm impressed, particularly with his ability to get much more out of our players. he seems able to put his finger onto whatever it takes to get the best out of our squad. Partly this may be due to the fact that he is 41 years of age and is young enough to relate to his players and also to his previous time training youngsters. Either way it's paying off.

It's beginning to look to me as though he could well be the man to take us up.

I'm one of the supporters who had doubts about Steve Cooper, mainly because I didn't have much knowledge of his ability, although I knew of his time at Swansea.
I now know a bit more about him particularly after his short time at Forest. And I'm impressed, particularly with his ability to get much more out of our players. he seems able to put his finger onto whatever it takes to get the best out of our squad. Partly this may be due to the fact that he is 41 years of age and is young enough to relate to his players and also to his previous time training youngsters. Either way it's paying off.

It's beginning to look to me as though he could well be the man to take us up.
so 2 major finals for the international kids and two play offs in his only 2 seasons in the same league and forest with one of our worst ever managers at te botom of the league and you had doubts.. Fair enough, but did they have to win consecutive premier leagues for you to not have doubts?

so 2 major finals for the international kids and two play offs in his only 2 seasons in the same league and forest with one of our worst ever managers at te botom of the league and you had doubts.. Fair enough, but did they have to win consecutive premier leagues for you to not have doubts?

Take it easy paz, I'm so used to our team being in constant trouble that I've had doubts whether any coach could help. I'm in process of changing my mind and some of the info regarding Cooper I wasn't aware of, but I'm learning, fast.
Even though I'm retired now life still seems to be fairly full and I don't spend all my time on football.

I had doubts because we were being told by some posters on here that he didn't play the best football at the Swans and that some of the fans had turned on him

However I did say we needed to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he does a Billy and surprises us all

And he fu-cking has

Take it easy paz, I'm so used to our team being in constant trouble that I've had doubts whether any coach could help. I'm in process of changing my mind and some of the info regarding Cooper I wasn't aware of, but I'm learning, fast.
Even though I'm retired now life still seems to be fairly full and I don't spend all my time on football.
good to hear bud.