Steve Cooper | Page 30 | Vital Football

Steve Cooper

In an ideal world he will fit like a glove, play expansive and exciting football and get us promotion.
In my realistic world he will come in, maybe win a few games here and there but we will be skirting with relegation for the season.
Been here too many times fella’s and I am NOT falling for it again!

In an ideal world he will fit like a glove, play expansive and exciting football and get us promotion.
In my realistic world he will come in, maybe win a few games here and there but we will be skirting with relegation for the season.
Been here too many times fella’s and I am NOT falling for it again!

Surely you see the difference between saying you expect Cooper to fail and saying you hope he fails?

Looking forward to hearing popes view on the new manager, haven't missed anything have I ?

Head Coach ffs
Think I made my views clear at the weekend and they haven't changed.

This is a mistake.

He has been appointed to do a completely different job from the one that needs doing, by a CEO I have no respect for and who I don't think even recognises the situation he's put us in.

For me, this appointment is like installing solar panels on the roof while your house is on fire.

He knows what he has to do- or, at least, I hope he does. He'll have full support and appreciation from me if he does it. I don't want to be a L1 fan again.

I don't think he's going to do it because I don't think he's the right sort of manager. But I've been right about this season so far so I'm well overdue being spectacularly wrong about one, and I hope I am.

Good luck Steve

I've just watched his interview and have to say I did quite warm to him a bit. I know it's easy to talk a good game, and we''l see how it works out, but to me it he seemed a decent genuine, down to earth sort of chap.
Lets just hope he can deliver on his words

Having reflected on this…. I think it might work out okay. Brave to suggest you'll play attacking football in a statement.

Have to say, I’ve felt better once the athletic revealed he wanted the job a year ago. Suggests he really sees the potential in the club. Good luck to him.
He will certainly be held to it. I guess like the Swansea fans we will accept winning ugly but not losing that way and the more credit he builds by playing decent football, the more leeway he will be afforded if we have a bad run.

Problem is that to start off with there is very little leeway so we just need to win games until Ed are safe.