đźšą Son Heung-Min - Player Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

đźšą Son Heung-Min - Player Thread

That's my point, irrespective of how indifferently he may be playing he never stops running, and he certainly never hides, he just keeps on winning us games.
But if he looked up and made better decisions from time to time to time we could be home and dry earlier in matches.ucas is worse. It's almost as if everyone wants to be the king in the Kings absence.

Not sure that its a case of wanting to be king, more a case of Son accepting the responsibility in the King's absence.

Son and Moura are just a pair of greedy selfish sob's...... Son runs and runs without looking up. Moira gets stuck in , quite often wins the ball and then runs into trouble without looking to lay it off. They need a slap and told they play for us and not themselves....or they don't play!

Sure many won’t agree

But thought he was terrible today

A shit pen that he got lucky on the rebound on and 6 chances to score 1

Not to mention his selfish play

he said himself he was terrible in post match comments so don't think you'll get much disagreement.

I do agree with the sentiment that he didn't let his head drop. He anticipated the defenders mistake and profited from that play. Many would have just assumed Sanchez clearance would be cut out and not bother making the run - that was the difference between 1 and 3 points for us.

Yes he had other opportunities to score or assist he didn't take, but to be in poor form, admit it yourself, and score 6 in 5 shows he's invaluable.

Of all the commentators and pundits that talk shite mainly on SKY, I must admit that the BEEB gets it right sometimes. On MOTD the analysis by Jermaine and Martin was refreshing. No bias just objective observations. So when Martin (the only ex Arse player I have any time for) picked out Son for his contribution to the game was refreshing although I would have liked to have heard him say some of Son's decision making could be improved and we would have got more goals

(However if Shearer and Wright had been the pundits the analysis would have been ANAL! so BEEb get rid of them two pronto.).

Another polarizing Spurs player.

IMO very frustrating to watch him. So many missed opportunities.

Yet he is racking up the points.

Above, the very 1st post on this thread 80 and you nailed it.

Frustrating as he has been for us this season, another milestone achievement, but no cigar.

Worth the recognition nonetheless. 100 PL goals. Well done Sonny, but need to rediscover his mojo.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...r-league-goals-with-wonder-strike-vs-brighton

Great achievement. Just shows what he can do with space, time and being more central.

It was terrific goal, but he still needs to be dropped in my opinion, he was killing us on Saturday, he doesn't press, he seemingly can barely control the ball when it's passed to him and the space he gives the other team is appalling. If he was in my youth team, I'd drop him to the bench until he regains his focus.

Something is seriously wrong with him, just not sure what.

It was terrific goal, but he still needs to be dropped in my opinion, he was killing us on Saturday, he doesn't press, he seemingly can barely control the ball when it's passed to him and the space he gives the other team is appalling. If he was in my youth team, I'd drop him to the bench until he regains his focus.

Something is seriously wrong with him, just not sure what.

That was what I was thinking....1 min of greatness followed by 89 min+ of nothing.

What was the injury if you don't mind me asking because i was painfully unaware of it.

he too had a bad groin injury - he spoke about how badly it affected him post season; he said he couldn't move properly, and it affect his touch and his form and was a nightmare' which some here took as him making an excuse about his form - but I've had three bad groin injuries and I know what it does, again, I was amazed he was even playing, but again Conte asked him to put the op off, and again it was against medical advice!

Here it is, just found:

Despite a strong international break after scoring in both of South Korea's games against Costa Rica and Cameroon, the 30-year-old's woes in front of goal for Tottenham continued until his form started to pick up towards the end of the campaign. Not on the scoresheet in the 4-1 win over Leeds on the final day but managing to get an assist after teeing up Harry Kane, Son underwent surgery on the issue that had plagued him before returning to his home country.

football.london understands that the attacker was playing with the injury but managing it throughout the season, as he didn't want to miss any matches.

Now two weeks on from going under the knife, the player is currently with his national team but he is undertaking recovery training sessions and they are monitoring his situation ahead of their international games against Peru and El Salvador. Speaking to the media prior to their summer fixtures, the Tottenham man discussed his injury issues and how it restricted him in games.

“I wondered a lot if I should even make this public, but I struggled with pain all season. I played through it for eight to nine months, but couldn’t go on anymore, so I made the decision finally and underwent surgery,” he said during an interview with TV Chosun, as quoted by Korean football writer Steve Han.

“Even for simple actions like passing or turning, every movement starts from your core muscles, but that’s exactly where my pain was. I was only able to do 60 per cent of what could do at 100 per cent [throughout the season].”

On why he's insisting on playing in their friendly matches despite only recently undergoing surgery, he added: “If we don’t win in June, the boss [Jurgen Klinsmann] won’t have a chance to win his first game with us until September. I have a strong desire to be with him to celebrate his first win.”

he too had a bad groin injury - he spoke about how badly it affected him post season; he said he couldn't move properly, and it affect his touch and his form and was a nightmare' which some here took as him making an excuse about his form - but I've had three bad groin injuries and I know what it does, again, I was amazed he was even playing, but again Conte asked him to put the op off, and again it was against medical advice!
I wasn't aware of this. I myself have had a bad groin injury. It still flares up every once in a while. I've manged it mostly but it is a devil to deal with if you're not careful.

Why then was he not permitted to rest it or better still utilise him as a super sub until such time he could have surgery?

I wasn't aware of this. I myself have had a bad groin injury. It still flares up every once in a while. I've manged it mostly but it is a devil to deal with if you're not careful.

Why then was he not permitted to rest it or better still utilise him as a super sub until such time he could have surgery?

You can only imagine that Cunte thought it was better to have a 'half fit' Son than not at all, and Son was probably underestimating how it would affect his form - which we could all see virtually every game!!

When did Son say Conte asked him to put the operation off? I read his interview and he made no mention of anybody at the club even knowing about the injury.

Son said his injuries limited him to playing at 60%. But it makes no sense that anybody at the club, knowing how poorly he was playing, didn't speak to him or test him for any injury.

When he had his op at the end of the season he was only out of action for a couple of weeks before playing for South Korea. No one in their right mind would make a player play all season at 60% when, for the absence of 2 weeks, they could get him at 100%.

Another explanation - equally plausible to me - is that Son exaggerated the extent of his injury to deflect the blame away from his performance this season.

Some of our players are good at that.

When did Son say Conte asked him to put the operation off? I read his interview and he made no mention of anybody at the club even knowing about the injury.

Son said his injuries limited him to playing at 60%. But it makes no sense that anybody at the club, knowing how poorly he was playing, didn't speak to him or test him for any injury.

When he had his op at the end of the season he was only out of action for a couple of weeks before playing for South Korea. No one in their right mind would make a player play all season at 60% when, for the absence of 2 weeks, they could get him at 100%.

Another explanation - equally plausible to me - is that Son exaggerated the extent of his injury to deflect the blame away from his performance this season.

Some of our players are good at that.

He didn't publicly, I asked at the academy and that was what I was told, I have no reason to doubt it. Supposedly, it was a debate that went on for most of the season.

And yes, some did see it as Son excusing his performances - my guess is it was somewhere in between.