🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread | Vital Football

🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread

D

Departed

Another polarizing Spurs player.

IMO very frustrating to watch him. So many missed opportunities.

Yet he is racking up the points.

80deg16minW - 30/1/2017 13:07

Another polarizing Spurs player.

IMO very frustrating to watch him. So many missed opportunities.

Yet he is racking up the points.

He's another that we took a gamble on as the "finished product" was beyond us (that will change in due course)...so far as a 50/50 gamble, he's 50% paid off - but can step up and lead the line? I suspect most now would say he can't..

But in any squad you have to have a second string strikers as an alternative that offers a threat, if they're good enough to start, too often they won't wait their turn and disturb the karma of the squad....

It's no where near as easy to make it all work as some think..

Use him when Harry isn't available or needs a rest. Or late in a game to change the dynamic.

Other than that, bench.

in a 3-4-2-1 he doesn't make my first 11. In a 4-2-3-1 he possibly does over Eriksen on the left but not definitely.... and yet he's probably our 2nd or 3rd best goal threat.

He has looked his most dangerous for us in the LAM position. He goes past players when he concentrates and can cross. If he doesn't do that he shoots from distance.

He is a dangerous player but a frustrating one as well. His passing at times is woeful as his control. But then he can do both well when he concentrates.

I'm glad he is here because the rest of our back up forward players are not good enough.

Real Deal - 30/1/2017 20:28

I'm glad he is here because the rest of our back up forward players are not good enough.

That is exactly it! Best of the average back ups we have. Beginning to remind of Hernandez at United, until they bought/discovered better.

As for Eriksen, I will upset some by saying imo, he's vital to our creativity. He's my unsung hero. I think peeps tend to judge him mostly on his (poor) corners and not so productive free kicks this season. If Demebele could start adding goals to his game, I'd be happier and imo takes some pressure off Eriksen!

freundorfoe - 30/1/2017 06:14

in a 3-4-2-1 he doesn't make my first 11. In a 4-2-3-1 he possibly does over Eriksen on the left but not definitely.... and yet he's probably our 2nd or 3rd best goal threat.

Yes, but what about in a 3-3-3-1, or a 4-1-2-3?

:9:

Personally don't understand the stick he gets, he has won us so many points this season, if it was not for him earlier in the season we would be much worse off.

Granted he is hit or miss, but he is one of the only squad players that we can actually trust.

He's going to be one of them players where people moan about him when he's here but when he's gone everyone will be wanting him back

My only gripe with him is that he does have a tendency to be overly selfish but he's had a decent season and has won us a lot of points. I'd like to see him step up and command a regular start which will come with consistency and better team work.

Son is a sub when you need to change the dynamic. He doesn't play well with others. In that respect he is like Defoe, he wants to be the last touch in the move.

If we are ever to excel playing a back 4 we need a 2nd LB and a metronome. And it isn't Harry Winks.

Eriksen, Dele and Kane are fine when supported by our two world class wing backs and we play 3 at the back with Thumper and Dembele in the middle.

ScottDaYid - 1/2/2017 14:55

Son was shit yesterday, as was Dele, Eriksen and Kane. Walker was our best attacker, says it all,

All sides go through a poor period, and unfortunately we are going through one now. This is partly down to mental strength, which I believe we don't have enough of, and that's why we can't win the league. I believe we are going to have to hang on tight for a while now. I suspect a draw or very narrow win against borough, and bad news when we play the scouse.

80deg16minW - 1/2/2017 15:11

Son is a sub when you need to change the dynamic. He doesn't play well with others. In that respect he is like Defoe, he wants to be the last touch in the move.

If we are ever to excel playing a back 4 we need a 2nd LB and a metronome. And it isn't Harry Winks.

Eriksen, Dele and Kane are fine when supported by our two world class wing backs and we play 3 at the back with Thumper and Dembele in the middle.

Couldn't have said it better myself.... Totally sums up Son and our play.

I quite like Son who, at times, is mesmerising to watch but inconsistent.

As someone said above, he is about the only game-changer we have on the bench and not a firm first pick. Pulls out of challenges though, so not someoine to have beside you when needing to dig deep.