Richardson | Page 6 | Vital Football

Richardson

Paul Cook, you could have stayed but fucked us off. We’re coming for you next season, with the true brains and coaching nous behind your operation at the wheel.

We certainly wouldn't have stayed up if he had stayed
How on earth can you say that? You've no idea what might have happened.

People said that we were going down last season ... and the one before ... and this one, only a few weeks ago come to think of it.

Regardless, the point was that he didn't fuck us off.

People said that we were going down last season ... and the one before ... and this one, only a few weeks ago come to think of it.

Paul Cook took one for the club and us fans should appreciate and respect that decision.

Don't mean to be pedantic Moonay, but we did go down last season.
PC hadn't the bottle to stay for the fight this season, and he jumped ship probably because deep down he knew he wouldn't have what was needed to keep us up.
We were shite for 80% of last season with some excellent players, I don't think he would have had it in him with this season squad.

Don't mean to be pedantic Moonay, but we did go down last season.
PC hadn't the bottle to stay for the fight this season, and he jumped ship probably because deep down he knew he wouldn't have what was needed to keep us up.
We were shite for 80% of last season with some excellent players, I don't think he would have had it in him with this season squad.
That's not pedantry ....... it's stupidity. We went down through no fault of Cook's.

"Jumped ship"?!! Sorry, but that doesn't deserve a sensible response ...........so 🤮🥵🤑💩😳🤪

That's not pedantry ....... it's stupidity. We went down through no fault of Cook's.

"Jumped ship"?!! Sorry, but that doesn't deserve a sensible response ...........so 🤮🥵🤑💩😳🤪
We went down because he was shite for the first 36 games or so!!!
Of course he jumped ship, he sat on his arse doing nowt for months with no wages, if he loved us so much and thought he could do a job, why didn't stay on with reduced or no wages.

We went down because he was shite for the first 36 games or so!!!
Of course he jumped ship, he sat on his arse doing nowt for months with no wages, if he loved us so much and thought he could do a job, why didn't stay on with reduced or no wages.
Well done on being just about the only Tics fan who blames Cook for our relegation. I'm sure you'll see in the morning how sadly misguided that reads.

As for your second point ......... probably cos he considered how it might be taken by some of our more excitable fans.

🙄

Paul Cook, you could have stayed but fucked us off. We’re coming for you next season, with the true brains and coaching nous behind your operation at the wheel.

Remember though Cook was our top earner and if he stayed his wage would have been unaffordable - administration probably would've tried to push him out and in that instance he would've been entitled to a pay off we could've really done without. He knew that and didn't let it get that far.

Cook leaving was not selfless on his behalf as he believed he could get another Champ club but it was mutually beneficial for both parties. So no axe to grind for me on him going especially seeing how it turned out.

I think if he stayed and his wages weren't an issue I think him and Richardson would've probably done better as there would've been less uncertainty and no Sheridan struggling and months of Richardson also struggling to find his feet. We know Richardson kept us up without Cook but judging on what's happening at ipswich it's not certain Cook couldve done it without Richardson.

Remember though Cook was our top earner and if he stayed his wage would have been unaffordable - administration probably would've tried to push him out and in that instance he would've been entitled to a pay off we could've really done without. He knew that and didn't let it get that far.

Cook leaving was not selfless on his behalf as he believed he could get another Champ club but it was mutually beneficial for both parties. So no axe to grind for me on him going especially seeing how it turned out.

I think if he stayed and his wages weren't an issue I think him and Richardson would've probably done better as there would've been less uncertainty and no Sheridan struggling and months of Richardson also struggling to find his feet. We know Richardson kept us up without Cook but judging on what's happening at ipswich it's not certain Cook couldve done it without Richardson.

When asked was Noel Hunt joining Cook Nixon saying someone from Wigan !!
Hope it's not Gregor

When asked was Noel Hunt joining Cook Nixon saying someone from Wigan !!
Hope it's not Gregor

I think Nixon said it wasn't Gregor.

I don't think there is anyone else left from the Cook regime so I assume it's someone who left but was previously on Cooks staff.

If it's not Richardson or Rioch then I can only think of Barry, Proctor, Colgan and Meace who are all currently employed at Champ or Prem level. But maybe they've been offered a good deal to rejoin Cook or they've been told they are going to be replaced. Chris Brass is out of work I believe but I can't think of anyone else it could be.

Maybe outside bet Nick Chadwick who was U23 manager but went to Fylde I think.

Credit Mark Ashurst: WA memories facebook:
9 months ago this wonderful football club was ripped apart by owners no one knew and who had never been to the town.

80 members of staff were sacked , some of whom will be reading this, 25 players were sold for nothing by administrators interested in nothing but lining their own pockets. The manager left , the EFL threw us under the bus and relegated us.

This man stayed. When we needed someone to steady the ship. To hold it together. To lead us. To represent the football club in the face of horrible horrible adversity.

He kept it all together. How he did it I’ll never know.
And today against all the odds he kept us up.

Thank you Leam Richardson.

Thank you 💙

Totally agree with Lazysid. Liam has been incredible under such difficult circumstances. We are lucky to have such an outstanding leader and man manager. He will go far in my opinion; so let's give him our full support whilst we have him in charge.

I don't know him personally but always felt his biggest drawback was himself due to a lack of confidence. He took the plunge and he found he was more than up to it.

He has led the line superbly and will be a top manager .....well done lad.

I don't know him personally but always felt his biggest drawback was himself due to a lack of confidence. He took the plunge and he found he was more than up to it.

He has led the line superbly and will be a top manager .....well done lad.

I'll bet you a tenner he's not Latics manager this time next season.

I'll bet you a tenner he's not Latics manager this time next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right T&C ... but it all depends on how quickly the "fans" get on his back if we don't have a good start, and we're hovering near the relegation zone around Christmas.

I hope the new owners stick with him though.