Richardson | Page 5 | Vital Football

Richardson

If Richardson were to leave at the end of the season I'd be looking at James Rowe, Chesterfield manager to take over.

CRACKING CV JUST WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR

Senior career*YearsTeamApps(Gls)2001–2002Ilkeston Town 6 (1)2002–2004Histon 58 (34)2004Heybridge Swifts2004Stamford2005Grantham Town2005Rugby Town 3 (0)2005Histon2005–2006Needham Market2006–2008AFC Sudbury 105 (60)2009Leiston 22 (21)2009–2010Canvey Island 44 (28)2010–2011Leamington 32 (15)2013Canvey IslandTeams managed2016–2019Aldershot Town (assistant)2019–2020Gloucester City2020–Chesterfield

[QUOTE="king_dezeeuw06, post: 2789219, member: 10671"Graham Jones - now we are stable and the manager who brought him to Bournemouth sacked he might think it could be a good chance to get back into management.

I thought I'd read that Graeme Jones had gone up to Newcastle to join Bruce's management team??[/QUOTE]

I didn't realise that he'd just moved. Scratch him then as a name for the frame.

CRACKING CV JUST WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR

Senior career*YearsTeamApps(Gls)2001–2002Ilkeston Town 6 (1)2002–2004Histon 58 (34)2004Heybridge Swifts2004Stamford2005Grantham Town2005Rugby Town 3 (0)2005Histon2005–2006Needham Market2006–2008AFC Sudbury 105 (60)2009Leiston 22 (21)2009–2010Canvey Island 44 (28)2010–2011Leamington 32 (15)2013Canvey IslandTeams managed2016–2019Aldershot Town (assistant)2019–2020Gloucester City2020–Chesterfield

He's done well in his first 2 managerial jobs, but with them both being non league it would be a big step up. I've not seen his teams play to really judge.

With those comments, I'm not sure you got the gist of those stats. Regardless of the quality of some of our crosses, we're well up there in terms of making really good goal-scoring chances. At the same time, at the back, we're excellent at not offering too many really good goal-scoring chances.

Our twin problems are that at one end, we don't convert them, whilst at the other end, the opposition do.

I am saying that we might not be giving away that many chances at the back according to how they are recording those states but we can visibly see we are giving away absolute sitters in the form of unmarked free headers from any half decent cross.

I don't think it's as as much the opposition being clinical with limited chances as much as we are basically giving them a easy to convert chance.

I like stats, but the issue is if you only give away 1 chance a game but it's such a good chance that it concedes a goal virtually every time it distorts the value of the stat. Until we stop giving away so many unmarked free headers in the 6 yard box any other good work we do in limiting other types of attacks will be for nothing.

When the ball goes to the oppositions advancing full back for a deep cross they are nearly always given loads of time and space to get a delivery in. This was something we did for much of Cooks time in charge, it didn't hurt us much when we had Burn and Dunkley dominating in L1, but it hurt us a lot in the Championship and it's been an issue all season.

Also as soon as the ball goes into the air it seems everyone loses their man, i've never seen anything quite like it. If it was one player going to sleep occasionally due to a lapse in concentration then you can put it down as an individual error, but for them all to do it so often suggests there is something wrong with the overall defensive organisation.

I was being sarcastic I'm afraid

I know but to be fair they've all got to start somewhere and he's done well with what chances he's had.

I'm not sure i'd be keen on taking the gamble on someone with no league experience, but maybe if we knew more about him and saw what type of job he was doing he's showing huge potential and wouldn't be a bad gamble.

Bolton took a gamble on someone similar like Evatt and it worked for them - so you never know.

I am saying that we might not be giving away that many chances at the back according to how they are recording those states but we can visibly see we are giving away absolute sitters in the form of unmarked free headers from any half decent cross.

I don't think it's as as much the opposition being clinical with limited chances as much as we are basically giving them a easy to convert chance.

I like stats, but the issue is if you only give away 1 chance a game but it's such a good chance that it concedes a goal virtually every time it distorts the value of the stat. Until we stop giving away so many unmarked free headers in the 6 yard box any other good work we do in limiting other types of attacks will be for nothing.

Sorry mate, but again, you seem to be ignoring what the stats say to suit your own narrative, because we've conceded a couple in the last few games.

The stats are on the quality of the chances. Richardson clearly says:
“We’re also second bottom in terms of the quality of chances being created against us, so on the balance of play as a team, we’re actually doing a lot right."

Presumably, it's not classing those crosses (and "free headers") as "quality chances".

I agree that we need to put a stop to them, but we also need to put away some of the many we've been creating every game.

Sorry mate, but again, you seem to be ignoring what the stats say to suit your own narrative, because we've conceded a couple in the last few games.

The stats are on the quality of the chances. Richardson clearly says:
“We’re also second bottom in terms of the quality of chances being created against us, so on the balance of play as a team, we’re actually doing a lot right."

Presumably, it's not classing those crosses (and "free headers") as "quality chances".

I agree that we need to put a stop to them, but we also need to put away some of the many we've been creating every game.

It's not my narrative if it's what has actually happened, and not just in the last few games it's been all season.

I have no idea how they work out what counts as 'quality of chance' in those stats but those free headers are as good a chance as a team could ask for. If you are giving them away then you aren't defending well.

I know but to be fair they've all got to start somewhere and he's done well with what chances he's had.

I'm not sure i'd be keen on taking the gamble on someone with no league experience, but maybe if we knew more about him and saw what type of job he was doing he's showing huge potential and wouldn't be a bad gamble.

Bolton took a gamble on someone similar like Evatt and it worked for them - so you never know.

So would you be happy to take a chance on an unproven non league manager, but are not prepared to give LR the benefit of a season with a full staff and playing squad.

So would you be happy to take a chance on an unproven non league manager, but are not prepared to give LR the benefit of a season with a full staff and playing squad.

I said in the post you quoted I'm not keen on taking the gamble. But i conceeded I've never seen his teams play so maybe if I saw them I'd see some great potential that maybe could change my mind. I can't completely write him off but I'm not endorsing him either as I haven't seen enough either way.

But I have seen Richardson all season and I've not seen the potential to make me think he is a good bet.

Nixon saying there is 'some optimism that Richardson stays'.

If he ever fancies a crack at management then he probably won't get a better opportunity. But if he doesn't follow Cook he will be replaced as his no2 and his guarantee of a job wherever Cook goes may be gone.

Following Cook to Ipswich is a safe bet and he could end up back in the Championship sooner rather than later. But getting a decent club to give him a chance to be a manager in L1 or L2 will be really tough as no2's very really make the successful transition.

Big decision for him. I wonder if he is waiting to see if we stay up before he decides. If I was our ownership I'd not want to be waiting on him and ask him to commit one way or another asap so we can start preparing either way for a frantic summer.

Done a good job under the circumstances. But does he have the contacts to bring players in. Think. Some times when your a number 2 you always will be.the past tells us no. With Jones and Hutchinson. This next manger. Needs to be for the long haul not for a Half a season.

He won't have the contacts but most managers at the lower levels won't either as most of them weren't top level players or coaches to build up those contacts. So it's probably more down to having a good scouting and recruitment department finding gems rather than a manager being able to pull some strings to get good players at this level and below.

Obviously our whole recruitment department went when administration happened, I'm not sure if they all found new employment but they had done a good job in the previous couple of years. I'm not sure if the new regime would want to bring them back if available or bring in their own new people but whatever they decide getting a good recruitment team is equally as important as getting a good manager.

He won't have the contacts but most managers at the lower levels won't either as most of them weren't top level players or coaches to build up those contacts. So it's probably more down to having a good scouting and recruitment department finding gems rather than a manager being able to pull some strings to get good players at this level and below.

Obviously our whole recruitment department went when administration happened, I'm not sure if they all found new employment but they had done a good job in the previous couple of years. I'm not sure if the new regime would want to bring them back if available or bring in their own new people but whatever they decide getting a good recruitment team is equally as important as getting a good manager.

Be interesting to see the role Tom Markham will play when it comes to scouting, be interesting to just see how we will recruit as a whole. Personally I believe players look at the club before the manager and we top most not all on that front.