Richardson | Vital Football

Richardson

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Champions League
Alan Nixon reporting that the new owners are making 'a big push' to keep Richardson next season despite Ipswich option.

The way it's worded suggests he is favouring Ipswich currently. But if they changed his mind what do we all make of the prospect of heading into the new season with him as manager?

Last edited:
Thanks for all you've done Leam much appreciated, but no thanks, do yourself a favour bugger off to Suffolk with your mate Cook.

Hope he stays him and Gregor done well under the circumstance. Bring in proper new men instead of this lot

It's a difficult one. I'd definitely get behind him if he takes the job permanently, especially when considering the amount of terrible bandwagon managers currently out of work. If we go down I think it'll be easier for him as he can build his own team properly and bring in his own staff. However, the knives will be out if we don't start well, especially in L2.

If we actually want to keep him I think it says a lot about his ambition (or lack of) as a coach if he turns us down. A club with our sized fanbase with a new ownership is a brilliant job to walk into for any budding young manager. Look at the likes of Sol Campbell, who had to start at Macclesfield.

Not too bothered about keeping him if he adopts the Cooky way of setting up and playing the game but like I said the other day about Gillingham even boring football can feel ok if you're winning.

I think the New Regime will have already made a decision on a New Manager,
as they have said, they have followed us for months, so they will already know if
Richardson stays or goes.

He has shown us, his fantastic Loyalty to the Club under enormous pressure,
I wish him all the best for the future, even if he leaves the Club.

I know this has been done but after reading that only 5 players are currently tied down for next season and that the new team are in discussion with the remainder....these talks include Leam and Gregor . WTF....not being funny but if a bloke who hasn't committed for next season is deciding who we retain or not and who to offer a new one to is true then it's bloody madness. If he has already decided to stay then fair enough but if not...keep out of it.

He gets my support.

I think he has worked wonders this season and has had to rebuild every time we start to look like getting a settled team. Had the team ripped apart at the start of the season, rebuilt, ripped apart at Christmas just as results were turning, rebuilt with no money to bring in players, got them going again only to be hit by injuries to key players.

I know there are some on here that have doubts but the guy has done in one season what a lot of managers fail to achieve in three and has kept us in with a shout.

Give him a contract and back him in the transfer market then we will see how good he is.

He gets my support.

I think he has worked wonders this season and has had to rebuild every time we start to look like getting a settled team. Had the team ripped apart at the start of the season, rebuilt, ripped apart at Christmas just as results were turning, rebuilt with no money to bring in players, got them going again only to be hit by injuries to key players.

I know there are some on here that have doubts but the guy has done in one season what a lot of managers fail to achieve in three and has kept us in with a shout.

Give him a contract and back him in the transfer market then we will see how good he is.

We can't afford to take the a risk on him being the answer. We need a proven manager to get us up near the top of which ever league we are in

He actually hasn't done anything yet bar take the team what's to say Gregor wouldent have done the same or better.

We can't afford to the a risk on him being the answer. We need a proven manager to get us up near the top of which ever league we are in

He actually hasn't done anything yet bar take the team what's to say Gregor wouldent have done the same or better.

Please name any manager in L1 who has had to put up with the same as LR. The guy has literally had to build a new side every few months with no money available to buy players and yet we are still in a position were we can escape the drop.

Not many experienced managers could have done what he has and I personally think he deserves a shot at the managers job.

As far as GR is concerned he is a much better youth coach and fortunately for him has not had to take the responsibility of being No 1. I don't know if he would have done a decent job or not but thankfully for him he has not had to .

Please name any manager in L1 who has had to put up with the same as LR. The guy has literally had to build a new side every few months with no money available to buy players and yet we are still in a position were we can escape the drop.

Not many experienced managers could have done what he has and I personally think he deserves a shot at the managers job.

As far as GR is concerned he is a much better youth coach and fortunately for him has not had to take the responsibility of being No 1. I don't know if he would have done a decent job or not but thankfully for him he has not had to .

No managers have had to put up with it. How do you know what an experiment manager would have done you don't !
If you want him that's fine. I'm not going with sentimentality.

I think Richardson has done a great job and would love him to stay but if he goes I will be really pissed off with him. If he already knows he is going he should go now so we have to bring in a new manager. We are just stagnant at present at it's the same every game . If he just sees out the season then goes that will be unforgivable when who knows if a new manager even at this late stage of the season could make a difference.

I think Richardson has done a great job and would love him to stay but if he goes I will be really pissed off with him. If he already knows he is going he should go now so we have to bring in a new manager. We are just stagnant at present at it's the same every game . If he just sees out the season then goes that will be unforgivable when who knows if a new manager even at this late stage of the season could make a difference.

Its stagnant because he has run out of ideas and the players are rubbish

No managers have had to put up with it. How do you know what an experiment manager would have done you don't !
If you want him that's fine. I'm not going with sentimentality.

I am not being sentimental Zakky, the guy has done a sterling job this season when the odds are stacked against him. We are still in with a chance of securing a L1 place and given all the shit that has happened whilst he has been in charge I would like to see him given the chance to build a side with some funds instead of having to rely on freebies and youth players every game.

Not sentimentality just appreciation of a man who has worked wonders with little or no players.