Players coming in ... | Page 7 | Vital Football

Players coming in ...

was that Roberto who suggested him to Sharpy?

Thought it was Martinez - found this from a few years ago - cheers Bobby!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...David-Sharpe-footballs-youngest-chairman.html

Sharpe can call on Roberto Martinez, who is acting as an auxiliary scout. 'We text after games,' Sharpe says. 'He blamed the Blackpool loss on City: he thought they had one eye on that. How can they not? It's only natural. He knows everything about this squad of players even though he's never managed them. I spent five or six days with him and his wife in Ibiza last summer and all we did was talk football.
'We'd be on Wyscout out in Ibiza. Gavin Massey at Leyton Orient came up. We did a bit of research, made some phonecalls, got every bit of detail on him and then started watching clips. We signed three on the back of that week in Ibiza. That's the time Roberto's got for Wigan and my family and that means a lot.

We have 1.1m in the club to use from 1st Jan according to the adminstration report at CH. Plus we are due another 300 - 600k from the EFL that we didn't get from the end of last season because we had to pay all football creditors before being able to receive it. Both administrators said in early October that they can now receive and use that money if needed to run the club.If it's not needed that money will go to the new owners.So that's around 1.5m we have to run the club from 1st Jan.

Surely a deposit will be put down before that runs out and if it isn't then as a last resort the SC will use our crowd funding combined with local funds/investment to take the club out of administration and the council and/or Pollard will get the stadium.So one way or another IMO we definitely finish this season without the need to sell another young player to fund it.

If them parasites sell anyone i would be furious.I would hope every single serious bidder have told the administrators no more young player sales or we'll pull out and the SC have made their feelings known as well.

I would hope tomorrow we see evidence of progress this week with at least 1 bid that has been accepted,shown proof of funds and has been sent off to the EFL to scrutinise,with other serious bidders closer to that stage as well.(But with these clowns in charge who knows and we may be disappointed with the same old bollocks).

No point selling Joseph, analysing tribunal fees for the past few years and we are looking at 2m minimum, keep playing him and keep scoring and his value would only increase. No need to sell this window, 3m kept in the pot on September 1st to cover the 2m wage bill for the entire season, which has since dropped further.
So the same as we sold Moore to Cardiff for and £1.2m more than Lowe - puts into context how shit the admins and their appointed "agent" have done

Worked with a Bolton fan who told some stories about Zak Clough. Very talented and was one for the future, injuries have not been kind to him.

I remember him playing and scoring against us at the Reebok. It might have been in the cup and he was very impressive. He ran at our defence and caused us all sorts of problems. Very nippy and mobile but injuries do tend to affect the speed merchants more than others, especially muscle injuries.

Clough is vastly overrated and injury prone. Seems an odd one to me. Surprised he’s not returning to Bowton. Hopefully it doesn’t mean an imminent departure. Personally two centre half’s would have been my preference.

No point selling Joseph, analysing tribunal fees for the past few years and we are looking at 2m minimum, keep playing him and keep scoring and his value would only increase. No need to sell this window, 3m kept in the pot on September 1st to cover the 2m wage bill for the entire season, which has since dropped further.

I'm not sure that would be the case. I think that at his age it's all based on how long they've been with the club & possibly what they've been paid & I really can't see that being £2mill for a 19yr old
Plus I've read that if he goes off to foreign lands e.g. Scotland then we'd lose him for nothing at the end of his contract & he can sign a pre-contract with anyone now to join em in the summer when it would be settled by tribunal if he stays in England.
I think the compensation fee for him if he did that can be pretty accurately predicted by clubs as it's based on an agreed formula so faced with that figure or losing him for nowt in the summer to, for example, Celtic that it is in the club's best financial interests to sell him for anything above what the U23 compensation figure would be

Clough is vastly overrated and injury prone. Seems an odd one to me. Surprised he’s not returning to Bowton. Hopefully it doesn’t mean an imminent departure. Personally two centre half’s would have been my preference.

I'm only going off what I saw when he played against us and he was impressive. Maybe you've seen more of him than me.

Can’t say I’m fussed either way as there are bigger issues at present, but he flatters to deceive in my opinion. Just not sure he’s someone we need at present when there are other areas in more urgent need of reinforcement.

Not looked but I'm guessing they've not factored in January wages, basic fees such as policing etc for regular match days, Covid testing etc. One million won't get us anywhere near the end of the season.

The transfer window is our last chance to bring any further funds of a significant level into the club. If the sale of Joseph guarantees that we finish the season then I'm afraid that like Alfie Devine and Jenson Weir, we will have no choice but to swallow it.

Why would there be any policing costs on match days ?

Number one, that many tabs are hurting my eyes. Number two, why are you stalking Joe Root on Instagram?

Yeah - all those tabs, my bad. Didn't realise I was posting a screenshot. I have a lot to work through on a daily basis - been lucky enough to be able to work from home and not be furloughed, would go mad if wasn't busy.

Instagram is Joe Rogan not Joe Root. I like listening to Rogan's podcasts and I love UFC. Certainly not Joe Root, not had interest in Cricket for a while.

Lets hope for some news on signings later today!

Cheers all.

Not looked but I'm guessing they've not factored in January wages, basic fees such as policing etc for regular match days, Covid testing etc. One million won't get us anywhere near the end of the season.

The transfer window is our last chance to bring any further funds of a significant level into the club. If the sale of Joseph guarantees that we finish the season then I'm afraid that like Alfie Devine and Jenson Weir, we will have no choice but to swallow it.

Totally agree that £1.1 million will not last the remainder of the season however there are other income streams still active and there is also the possibility that the EFL or PFA will help out, although I wont hold my breath on that one.

There was also a mention in the report about a business interruption claim having been made with the clubs insurers and given the outcome of a high court hearing this week there is the possibility of that paying out soon.

As others have said I would hope that the bidders have insisted on no more give aways from the playing staff but if a buyer were to step in for one of our young players and were prepared to offer a decent fee with substantial add ons I would not object as the funds received could see us through to the season end.