Notts Cricket Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Notts Cricket Thread

The set up over with you sounds like a real mess although it's probably no different to the rest of the cricketing world. Over here it's no different, it's all about money and that includes the players as well. The old days are well and truly long gone. Unfortunately. I really think the best times are a good many years ago and consider myself lucky to have been there at that time. Easy to see how the Oz ODIs don't hold too much interest.
Still enjoying your Notts chat though.

A few San Miguels are called for down @ TB. Hoping for a good performance against the Sheep - would secure a quarter final place but that may be as far as we get this season. Thank you ECB!

Losing the toss means we will have to bat in the evening. Carter is bowling really well again so far . Derbyshire 22 for three!

Well, a day/night match. Told my wife I would be home about 10. Home by six! Bowled Derbyshire out in 35 overs, and knocked the runs off in 11.5 overs. With the worst run rate going into the game we could still have gone out (I think) if it had rained in Warks/Worc and Yorks won. Our run rate is now so high we might actually have finished top if Warw/Worc was abandoned or tied (not very likely today!).

So very close to actually finishing top - Worcs won by 1 wicket!
Well my plan for several San Mig’s turned into just 1 pint thanks to Ball & Carter ( this lad looked so good - yet again ) & then Ricki trying to win the game inside 10 overs!

Thursday 14th June. Notts home to Kent in the QF. Presumably the top teams play at home in the semi finals, so it's good to get one more home game. Bad news is I guess my season ticket doesn't include this game!

Afraid not LK.
Good news - tickets ( in advance ) just a tenner.
Bad news - there’ll be no Hales, Ball & Broad.

Someone at the game said Yorkshire lose 5 players and Pujara for the next round! Presumably they knew Pujara was going, but that's half their team missing.

Notts are after 21 year old Zak Chappell from Leics. 6ft 6" fast-medium allrounder. Looks promising. Could do with a couple of decent batsmen too. Ours are very up and down, though at least we are making a fight of it second time around against Somerset. Only two batsmen averaging over 30 at the moment. (Taylor 32, Wessels 31).

Gurney mentioned in the NP the other day that Footitt was fit again. This game we have got Milnes playing. Think Footitt has only played one game for us since he came back.

Footitt has proved to be a disaster - signed him on a 3 year contract mid season last year. Starting to look like a knee jerk...

Looking forward to giving em loads of ( San Miguel fuelled ) stick at TB next Tuesday...

Yes, our new look team expect that. The side have a new manager who has proved himself over the years and is straight as a dye. He's put an end to the lousy sort of banter that OZ used to excell at and has changed a few other things too. So apart from new players we have a different application to the game but this manager is a real scrapper so who knows, we just might make a fight out of it. Hope so anyway.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your day.