Notts Cricket Thread | Vital Football

Notts Cricket Thread

Lienking

Vital Football Hero
This will probably disappear into obscurity, but is anyone else interested in the cricket? Big day today, as I believe we are going to struggle to stay up, so we need to get off to a good start. Shame about Coughlin being out. Anyone know if Footitt is fit? Do we think we will stay up? I believe Broad is playing in 3 games, but we could really do with Patterson, who I assume is still injured too.

PS Why don't my headings get BOLD letters like the others?

Can't help with an opinion but have a definite interest in info and other posters opinions.

Hope you can get it off and running.

:thumbup:

So what the heck happened today! Last night Lancs were 58 for two and fell to 73 all out. Notts set TEN to win lost 4 wickets. A total of 25 runs scored today and 12 wickets lost, averaging slightly over 2 runs per wicket!! At least we're off to a winning start.

Well we’re not actually top - second ( to Hampshire ) but who cares.
How many members saw that coming? Certainly not me as I was braced for a tough season ( may still be the case of course ).
A crazy day’s play though - one for the pitch inspector?

PS apparently this is the first time ever in the history of the game that a team has lost 4 wickets chasing just 10 runs for victory.

PPS Moores ‘Jake Ball made a statement’ - cue his England recall to the detriment of Notts attack.

Last edited:
Another poor batting display , only Taylor and Wessels getting decent scores out of the batsmen. Jake Ball says he has been working on his batting. Was this 44 not out a sign of things to come from him, or just a flash in the pan?

We need 184 to win already, and Yorkshire still have 6 wickets left.

This will probably disappear into obscurity, but is anyone else interested in the cricket? Big day today, as I believe we are going to struggle to stay up, so we need to get off to a good start. Shame about Coughlin being out. Anyone know if Footitt is fit? Do we think we will stay up? I believe Broad is playing in 3 games, but we could really do with Patterson, who I assume is still injured too.

PS Why don't my headings get BOLD letters like the others?

You've got me going and I've now clocked on to Notts to try and learn a bit more. Had a brief look at some of their history and remembered that I was very lucky in that I was there in the days of Hardstaff, Voce, and Reg Simpson. And others that rang my bell. And in particular I'd just left school and had a job as a Cadet in the Nottm.City Police. Discovered that Simpson was working for the same mob and was a very popular fellow and not just due to his cricket prowess either. At that time he was a very good looking chap and very popular with the ladies, not that that went down well with the Cadets at the time, me included. Trying hard but green as grass.

10 to win and lost 4 wickets ? Perhaps I'm better off over here.

And from what I saw of the Ashes just gone I don't think that Jake Ball is quite ready for England, not yet anyway.

And from what I saw of the Ashes just gone I don't think that Jake Ball is quite ready for England, not yet anyway.

I hope so. Nottinghamshire have lost too many players to the England set up over the years. It was to our good fortune that Samit Patel was considered overweight.________________________________________________.jpg

First day of the Worcestershire game rained off already. We could do with a win in this one, as I would guess they will be one of our rivals at the wrong end of the table later on in the season.

Trent Bridge has got 5 games in the 2019 World Cup, including Australia v West Indies from £20. Begrudge £55 to see England v Pakistan or £55 to see India v NZ, but might go to some of the cheaper ones.

First day of the Worcestershire game rained off already. We could do with a win in this one, as I would guess they will be one of our rivals at the wrong end of the table later on in the season.

Trent Bridge has got 5 games in the 2019 World Cup, including Australia v West Indies from £20. Begrudge £55 to see England v Pakistan or £55 to see India v NZ, but might go to some of the cheaper ones.

£122 for my membership ( inc all 4 day games, Royal London & T20 ) vs min £55 for ODI via Pakistan?
No contest!

Moving the Championship games to early and late season is ridiculous. Yesterday 181 runs were scored in the 8 County Championship games. 5 games didn't bowl a ball. Three of those (including Notts) have had the first two days rained off.

Worcestershire all out for 110. I would say we are doing well, but I have seen Notts bat too many times to say that just yet !