Notts Cricket Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Notts Cricket Thread

Iv'e been watching some of the Oz/India games and this is the third test at the MCG. Hate to say it but India are a great side and OZ are in transition, still missing their 2 best players. Deservably so. India are taking their second innings and so far at the end of the third day Cummins has taken 4 for 10 runs, bowling superbly. And he's not bad batting also. Pattinson is still not properly fit but Cummins is on top of his form. He'd fit the bill for Notts.

At the moment India are 353 runs ahead, 5 wickets in hand and Oz still to take their second innings after making 153 in their first. Its all over red rover but Cummins would fit the bill in any team in the world, even if it's Notts.

Oz are well on the road to losing this game but I'm only posting news on Cummings this morning. 6 for 27 in Indias second innings and now he's 61 not out in Ozs second innings. Good job we have a little bit of something to cheer us up over here.

He'd be a godsend for Notts.

Oz are well on the road to losing this game but I'm only posting news on Cummings this morning. 6 for 27 in Indias second innings and now he's 61 not out in Ozs second innings. Good job we have a little bit of something to cheer us up over here.

He'd be a godsend for Notts.

Are oz touring anywhere in the April to September period? Much as I would like a top class Aussie allrounder, it now seems to be more that you get second level internationals, or top class players for short periods between tours. We have had some top batsmen like Pujara and Ross Taylor, but I guess teams are more happy to release batsmen who are less likely to be injured than fast bowlers.

LK you must have forgotten that you are hosting the Australia/England tests next year starting in August I think. That will probably be your first chance of seeing Cummins in action. You're right about fast bowlers, I think he was out of action for a long while earlier in his life although he's making up for it now. If you get the chance to see him take it, he's our star man at the moment.

India have just shown us why they're the best team in the world, having won 2 of the 4 game tests, lost one and drawn the last match today in Sydney. Rain won that one, yes it does happen here too. The only bit of luck that they had was in winning the toss for 3 out of 4 and having first use on all of those occasions on a very docile pitch. They were magnificent.
And it says very little for Oz in the immediate future, our bowlers don't seem to be as good as we thought and our batting is in a real mess with very little sign of improvement.
You won't have much to beat in your summer !

If Notts end up signing one of ours Cummins is the man.

India have just shown us why they're the best team in the world, having won 2 of the 4 game tests, lost one and drawn the last match today in Sydney. Rain won that one, yes it does happen here too. The only bit of luck that they had was in winning the toss for 3 out of 4 and having first use on all of those occasions on a very docile pitch. They were magnificent.
And it says very little for Oz in the immediate future, our bowlers don't seem to be as good as we thought and our batting is in a real mess with very little sign of improvement.
You won't have much to beat in your summer !

If Notts end up signing one of ours Cummins is the man.

That will be the same India that lost to England in the Test and One Day Series last summer.
Like you I don’t acknowledge 20/20 as cricket.

Think it is going to be a tough summer for the Aus team over here.

You can debate whether T20 is proper cricket, but there is little doubt it has had a fantastic effect on cricket. We used to think we had seen a great days cricket if you saw 300 runs in a day. Thanks to T20, Test players score quicker, fielding is better, and in a good 50 over game you can see 600 to 800 runs in a day. The crowds of circa 15,000 at Notts are made up of young men and women, families and children in abundance. I try to go to one day of each four day home game, but must admit at times I struggle to stay awake in the midst of a couple of hundred pensioners .

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/n...rdict-in-alex-hepburn-rape-trial-in-worcester

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/n...ial-jury-unable-to-reach-verdict-in-worcester

Disappointing to see that new Notts signing was involved (not accused of anything) in this rape trial. We now have Alex Hales (involved in the Ben Stokes incident), Ben Duckett (involved in pouring a pint over Anderson) and Joe Clarke (involved in a competition with who could sleep with the most girls) that led to the rape trial.

LK, just a quick one to let you know that Tom Curran is amongst the runs again and doing well.
On the other hand Pattinson is injured yet again and at 28 years of age I'm beginning to sweat a bit.

Unfortunately Curran is playing for a very poor side, Sydney Sixers, in that form of the game that I refuse to acknowledge. He scored 44 including 2 sixes which landed in the Ladies Pavilion in the SCG, did him no good though as his side were badly beaten again.

Can someone explain to me how - on Tom Moores’ ( 22yr old keeper ) early return from Lions tour due to injury - Steve Mullaney ( 32yr old occasional bowler ) gets the call?
Slow bowler replaces wicket keeper?
32yr old replaces 22yr old on a tour where the aim is to find ‘future’ England players.
I’m confused!

Can someone explain to me how - on Tom Moores’ ( 22yr old keeper ) early return from Lions tour due to injury - Steve Mullaney ( 32yr old occasional bowler ) gets the call?
Slow bowler replaces wicket keeper?
32yr old replaces 22yr old on a tour where the aim is to find ‘future’ England players.
I’m confused!

Not spotted that ! Seems a strange decision, but can only assume Moores was playing more as a batsman. Having been bowled out for 104, maybe they need a bit more experience, or there is a special rule they have to have four Notts players there!

Tom Curran again doing well, with the ball this time, 3 for 16, and this time they managed to win.

And Feco, I've already given up on the upcoming series of proper cricket, won't stop me living in hope though.

Cracking batting display be England! Ironically when I was in the car coming back from work they were giving Jennings some stick on the radio for only getting 17 and we were at 30 for 1 ........he is our top scorer in the innings!

Cracking batting display be England! Ironically when I was in the car coming back from work they were giving Jennings some stick on the radio for only getting 17 and we were at 30 for 1 ........he is our top scorer in the innings!

Yes, pride definitely comes before a fall. West Indies bowled out for just 289.... England are on top.... Great performance by our bowlers....then 77 all out!!

Personally I think we need a top class spinner. Coughlin will be like a fifth new signing