Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?)

So who he is a product of then?

Notts?
Dunkirk?
South Notts College or
Us?

I think its safe to say wes is nottm through and through, although he may have picked up some bad habits having been with the bin dippers for such a long time.

Joyous memories of when we were shit but morgan going on a rampage up the pitch. One of the few happy memories of those days.

If you take the line Paz is arguing there is a direct correlation between developing top class youngsters and Forest being in the top clubs. We agree then. We need to develop our own with a sprinkle of purchasers.

How many of Chelsea's 10m academy players have gone on to play for the first team? I think the correlation is more about money tbh but dont disagree with the strategy- seems to be what the club are doing so i dont get the belly aching

See a reduction on number of loans in and out has been agreed. EFL has also discussed some alterations to Ffp including a cap on wages of £20m. Forest have steadily reduced wage budget. Not sure if we are now close to this or will be when more old contracts run out this season. Unsure if Forest supported this move or are one of the group anting a higher ceiling. Sure Mao and CP have a view on this.

See a reduction on number of loans in and out has been agreed. EFL has also discussed some alterations to Ffp including a cap on wages of £20m. Forest have steadily reduced wage budget. Not sure if we are now close to this or will be when more old contracts run out this season. Unsure if Forest supported this move or are one of the group anting a higher ceiling. Sure Mao and CP have a view on this.

Probably more than 2 🤣

The opposition play a substantial part in entertainment factor at our home games, BRE - probably more so than those tasked with recruitment.

Our most technically gifted and expensive player (Carvalho) has barely featured - that's down to Sabri - not the recruitment team. Sabri pretty much chooses that the set up at home and away is largely the same.

When we are the away side, the pressure is on the home side to come at us - which allows us to soak up pressure and hit them on the counter.

There aren't many sides that have come to the City Ground to play and if they nick an early goal (as Cardiff did) they then park the bus and time waste.

I don't disagree that we could have recruited more effectively (fans of many teams would say the same), sadly some signings just haven't worked but Sabri has been very clear that he only wants to work with a small squad of players.

That in itself is a limiting factor - only 18 can get into a matchday squad, so it's hard to keep those uninvolved happy. Furthermore, any players recruited have to be better than those we have already.

There is then the very clear strategy of adhering with FFP, both in terms of transfer fees and wages.

Personally, I can see the progression and as I've said many times - the no.1 signing we need to make - is that of getting Sabri to sign a new contract.

Very good & balanced post.

Just to add though, our two most expensive signings this year have barely featured too.

I'd argue against the FFP strategy needs a rethink. This entire squad is the product of the Marinakis era bar academy players & Zach Clough. A bloated squad full of kids who we're training up for other teams & players not up to is has just as big an impact on FFP as does anything else.

Our most technically gifted and expensive player (Carvalho) has barely featured - that's down to Sabri - not the recruitment team. Sabri pretty much chooses that the set up at home and away is largely the same.

Agree with the rest of your post, but I would argue that Carvalho barely featuring is down to him. Even at a time when Lolley was off form and Silva was struggling, Carvalho failed to be any better. I guess you could argue SL should have stuck with him, and he would have got better, but even last season his good performances were few and far between . Luckily Silva and Lolley have reached better form, just as Grabban seems to be struggling. In the last home game Grabban appeared to be pulling out of 50/50 balls, and seemed to be injured. Good to see him back on form for the Cardiff away game.

Wes was with not a product of our academy
That is just absolute bollox he if he had been with us for longer than 12 months and represented us at various age groups and whilst he was still in education for example at 15, 16, 17 etc before making his debut then he would be considered a product of our academy

He is however one of our own as in a notts lad

Interesting as to whether an academy produces players, or whether a manager does? Few would argue that Cash and Worrall have improved enormously this season, though you could argue Rangers improved Worrall. Was the great BC just lucky that our "academy" ,if you could call it that, produced a string of international players ? Chris Woods, Viv Anderson, Tony Woodcock, Steve Hodge, Nigel Clough etc. You could argue that as a top club we attracted the better kids, but most of these came from Nottingham !

Let's hope SL stays long enough to improve a few more.

I cannot find any reference to the change in Loan system for EFL Clubs; do you have a link Polly?

As for the wage ceiling; I just cannot see that happening.

How will it work for Clubs relegated from the PL?

They have parachute money which means they can spend far in excess of 20m per season.

The PL would never agree to that move and both Leagues are supposed to be working together nowadays.

As far as we are concerned; I cannot see us agreeing to that move; our wage bill in the last set of accounts was 27.8m, that includes all of the Acadamy players and staff which do not count towards P & S.

Nevertheless we still have a wage bill significantly higher than 20m and I do not see that dropping in the latest accounts by much, if at all, as we have had to pay players off to leave - Yacob, Murphy, Milosovic and Cummings spring to mind.

Wes was with not a product of our academy
That is just absolute bollox he if he had been with us for longer than 12 months and represented us at various age groups and whilst he was still in education for example at 15, 16, 17 etc before making his debut then he would be considered a product of our academy

He is however one of our own as in a notts lad
How long do you have to be in the academy to be a product of it?

Is Tom Huddlestone a product of our academy or Derby's?

How long do you have to be in the academy to be a product of it?

Is Tom Huddlestone a product of our academy or Derby's?

I would say that someone who has been with before they turned 18 and has been with us longer than a minimum of 12-18 months spanning over 2 seasons before making their debut and played at various age levels for our academy

I would say that someone who has been with before they turned 18 and has been with us longer than a minimum of 12-18 months spanning over 2 seasons before making their debut and played at various age levels for our academy
So Morgan is a product of no academies then?

da fuq making stuff up for a change. This weeks making stuff up thingy: How long you have to be in an academy to be a product of said academy.

Next week: What came first the football or the goal?

Cracking

He wasn't released. His dad took him to Derby because he saw them as a better place for his son to be

Have not heard that one before; certainly would not surprise me.

I was going on this from wiki: Born in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire,[4] Huddlestone was taken on by Nottingham Forest at an early age but was released at 12 as he was claimed to be "not strong enough".

This is Huddlestone talking before a Forest game:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/t...head-of-huge-nottingham-forest-clash-tonight/

“Everyone knows the general rivalry but on a personal level, being born and raised in Nottingham, my family and friends are Nottingham Forest fans, and looking back now, being let go as a kid makes for a good mix,” he told the club’s official website.

“As much as you want every game to feel similar, the two against Forest have a bit more significance for me and my family. I was at Forest from under 9s until under 12s so I had four seasons there and then I was let go.”

That early knock could have destroyed the career of the youngster, but instead the Rams took him on and the rest, as they say, is history.

“At the time it was devastating, being a 12-year-old being told you’re not quite good enough, and then a few weeks later I came to Derby at under 13s. I kicked on quickly after that.”

This is Huddlestone talking before a Forest game:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/t...head-of-huge-nottingham-forest-clash-tonight/

“Everyone knows the general rivalry but on a personal level, being born and raised in Nottingham, my family and friends are Nottingham Forest fans, and looking back now, being let go as a kid makes for a good mix,” he told the club’s official website.

“As much as you want every game to feel similar, the two against Forest have a bit more significance for me and my family. I was at Forest from under 9s until under 12s so I had four seasons there and then I was let go.”

That early knock could have destroyed the career of the youngster, but instead the Rams took him on and the rest, as they say, is history.

“At the time it was devastating, being a 12-year-old being told you’re not quite good enough, and then a few weeks later I came to Derby at under 13s. I kicked on quickly after that.”
A former colleague of mine had a son in the same academy year. It was common knowledge amongst the parents that Huddlestone's dad took him out and McGugan's attempted to do the same but struggled for takers.

Believe whichever version you want, it doesn't really matter either way.

I see Matt Hancock is talking about shutting UK Cities down to stop the spread of Covid 19

This will have huge implications for the EFL.

There will be no scope for delaying fixtures for an unknown period of time; putting the league on hold for say a month will be out of the question.

I see in other sports, teams who have had games postponed have been informed that the un-played games will most probably by declared as nil nil draws as there is no space in the calendar for replaying the games.

Not sure how that will impact on the play offs