Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?)

Who are these younger players we're recruiting who have grown to improve us in the long term? Or who will potentially grow in the long term, whilst not overspending?

Why are we choosing to do that when we sit 3rd & 2pts off the autos? Surely building for Champ promotion in several years shouldn't be done when promotion sits firmly within our reach this season.

Because if we went up we would need 8 £10m signings to have any chance of not being in bottom three with sheep like points tally. This team is no where near good enough. Needs two more windows and another 12 months. At home we are awful.[/QUOTE]
And who says that our best plsyers (existing ) are ready to remain until that time? I said it before, if a premiership team or two comes knocking, the types of Cash nd Worrall will be off same for Figs nd Ribs..if their is interest in their native Portugal that will also give them the opportunity to play for their national team....off they go ...that will leave us with ? ....another rebuilding programme...

Because if we went up we would need 8 £10m signings to have any chance of not being in bottom three with sheep like points tally. This team is no where near good enough. Needs two more windows and another 12 months. At home we are awful.
And who says that our best plsyers (existing ) are ready to remain until that time? I said it before, if a premiership team or two comes knocking, the types of Cash nd Worrall will be off same for Figs nd Ribs..if their is interest in their native Portugal that will also give them the opportunity to play for their national team....off they go ...that will leave us with ? ....another rebuilding programme...[/QUOTE]

We will also get money for going up
Which we can spend on new players

And who says that our best plsyers (existing ) are ready to remain until that time? I said it before, if a premiership team or two comes knocking, the types of Cash nd Worrall will be off same for Figs nd Ribs..if their is interest in their native Portugal that will also give them the opportunity to play for their national team....off they go ...that will leave us with ? ....another rebuilding programme...

We will also get money for going up
Which we can spend on new players[/QUOTE]
I think there is a confusion of quotes here ...I m in full favour of promotion first nd then strengthen the squad ...not to try to build something in a lower division...that might never come to fruition...

I get the long term build philosiphy, but we sacked Warbs, employed AK & spent 25m to push for the Prem.

Why sham out on that halfway through?

Plus, I don't see how training up other team's young player on loan is building our future. It's building our rivals.

If we go up we get money and hopefully spend wisely. The punters on here were arguing spending big in the last window (an injured Gayle on one leg was going to cost us £15m) with no guarantee of going up. We would need another two or three. The likes of Gayle would need replacing for premiership, or have you not been watching Newcastle. A very big and expensive gamble.

As for training up others young players. We took a look at Mir before deciding to buy and the same with Diakhaby but the players I am hoping to see develop are those out on loan and in U23 squad.

Honestly? Cross your heart and hope to die that would be your reaction? I am putting your name forward for a Nobel peace prize. No scrub that a sainthood.

How is wanting to not spend millions each year to fund the club cause for sainthood?

We have every right to moan

But can also support the team

Supporting the team can also be measured in having experiences of past pitfalls and begging the club to not make the same mistakes we have done in the past in the recruiting side during important phases

I think, I could be wrong, but most fans could see what we needed to make a good go of the final 18 games of the season

Look what has happened

Important players getting injured or running out of form

Our squad was not good enough and was/is doing better than it should

We should have taken a gamble to help the manager and the current players

We dithered and didn't make the signings we needed where as other clubs have

We could be out of the top 6 by the end of today

I wouldn't put it past Derby to finish above us and in one of the pray off places this season

That is how much the season has swung because of a truly horrific window

It could all change in the next 3-4 games

But deep down most of us know it's going to be a struggle to finish in the top 6 now
This aged well

Surely the same applies to those who keep telling us that our poor recruitment will cost us, season's over etc?

It could have been worse, we could have signed Nakhi Wells; just look at the impact he has had on his new Club - 4 defeats in his first six games.

Who gets the blame for that?

Modesto or Anigo?

Seriously though, everyone knows, or should do, that the impact which January signings have on their new teams is negligible.

There are articles out there which prove this to be the case but are most probably ignored because they do not suit a certain narrative.

To say that our season has swung on the basis of a truly horrific January window is total arse dribble.

The catalyst for this season's success was here before the January window; the only thing which will determine our fate, will be whether he can continue to work his magic over the next 11 or 14 games or not.

We have every right to moan

But can also support the team

Supporting the team can also be measured in having experiences of past pitfalls and begging the club to not make the same mistakes we have done in the past in the recruiting side during important phases

I think, I could be wrong, but most fans could see what we needed to make a good go of the final 18 games of the season

Look what has happened

Important players getting injured or running out of form

Our squad was not good enough and was/is doing better than it should

We should have taken a gamble to help the manager and the current players

We dithered and didn't make the signings we needed where as other clubs have

We could be out of the top 6 by the end of today

I wouldn't put it past Derby to finish above us and in one of the pray off places this season

That is how much the season has swung because of a truly horrific window

It could all change in the next 3-4 games

But deep down most of us know it's going to be a struggle to finish in the top 6 now

Great result last night - Grabban played his best game for weeks.

Great result last night - Grabban played his best game for weeks.

It was interesting listening to Lamouchi after the game; the interviewer wanted to talk about Silva; Lamouchi wanted to talk about Grabban and Watson.

Both players were hugely influential last night; I think it was mentioned on the Goals programme after the game - Grabban only touched (I think they meant was in possession of the ball) the ball 12 times during the game - that included his first half miss, setting up Silva for the goal and then setting up Semedo.

If that statistic is true it is an incredible return and speaks volumes for the players mentality.

Watson was fucking immense.

Grabban went missing first half after he put that decent chance wide, second half he was much better got the assist and probably should have had 2 more if semedo was more composed and he found Tyler. Once he finds the net again he should hit 20, Monday hopefully he will after a good few days to recover.

Ameobi and Grabban injured? One played 90 the other 80. When Joe Lolley was struggling with his broken toe he would only play 40 mins. Either they are deemed more important to the team or have lesser knocks. Grabban has had his knee strapped up since before Xmas. Hope it’s precautionary.

Fulham have a chance to go third tonight but they have a real tricky March. We need Leeds to crash. Enjoyable season, mainly.

I
Seriously though, everyone knows, or should do, that the impact which January signings have on their new teams is negligible.

Birmingham haven't lost a single game since signing Scott Hogan on loan. They've won 3, drawn 2 against tough opposition such as us, Brentford & Bristol. Auto form. And jumped 4 places up the table.

They lost 13 games this season before he arrived.

WBA before they signed Robinson & Grosicki hadn't won 1 game in 7. 4 draws, 3 defeats netting 4pts from 21. A 19% points haul

Since then they've won 4, drawn 1, netting 13pts from 15. n 86% points haul.

It's only negligible if they are rubbish signings, like ours are. If they're good they can make all the difference.

Last edited:
Birmingham haven't lost a single game since signing Scott Hogan on loan. They've won 3, drawn 2 against tough opposition such as us, Brentford & Bristol. Auto form. And jumped 4 places up the table.

They lost 13 games this season before he arrived.

It's only negligible if they are rubbish signings, like ours are. If they're good they can make all the difference.

Birmingham were 5 games unbeaten before Hogan signed; I am sure even a complete fucking half wit like you will not try and give him credit for that.

We currently sit 3rd and Birmingham sit 15th yet Birmingham is the model we should be following.

It was interesting listening to Lamouchi after the game; the interviewer wanted to talk about Silva; Lamouchi wanted to talk about Grabban and Watson.

Both players were hugely influential last night; I think it was mentioned on the Goals programme after the game - Grabban only touched (I think they meant was in possession of the ball) the ball 12 times during the game - that included his first half miss, setting up Silva for the goal and then setting up Semedo.

If that statistic is true it is an incredible return and speaks volumes for the players mentality.

Watson was fucking immense.

There was another cross at the end, that was just behind Tyler - I thought it was 23 touches.

Doesn't matter really - as they said, it's about the quality that he brings and the effectiveness of his possession.

Birmingham were 5 games unbeaten before Hogan signed; I am sure even a complete fucking half wit like you will not try and give him credit for that.

We currently sit 3rd and Birmingham sit 15th yet Birmingham is the model we should be following.

Birmingham had won 1 in 9 before he signed. Now they've won 3 in 5.

WBA before they signed Robinson & Grosicki hadn't won 1 game in 7. 4 draws, 3 defeats netting 4pts from 21. A 19% points haul

Since then they've won 4, drawn 1, netting 13pts from 15. n 86% points haul.

Resorting to insults so suddenly shows how composed you are (not) when trying to view things objectively.

No need to insult BRE - this only creates work for me!