Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?)

Birmingham had won 1 in 9 before he signed. Now they've won 3 in 5.

WBA before they signed Robinson & Grosicki hadn't won 1 game in 7. 4 draws, 3 defeats netting 4pts from 21. A 19% points haul

Since then they've won 4, drawn 1, netting 13pts from 15. n 86% points haul.

Resorting to insults so suddenly shows how composed you are (not) when trying to view things objectively.

They were unbeaten in five games, three league and two cup games:

25/1 Coventry Away 0 -0 FA Cup

21/1 Middlesborough Away 1-1 League

18/1 Cardiff Home 1-1 League

11/1 Luton Away 2-1 League

4/1 Blackburn Home 2-1 FA Cup

And for someone, who has been peddling an anti Forest agenda over countless Forums for God knows how long, to suddenly talk about objectivity, takes the fucking biscuit.

I appreciate my acerbic wit may not be to your liking, which is just too bad.

I am merely replying out of politeness, a concept which should reach your neck of the woods around 2025; in the mean time either put me on ignore or stop replying to my posts; I have nothing else to say to you.

They were unbeaten in five games, three league and two cup games:

25/1 Coventry Away 0 -0 FA Cup

21/1 Middlesborough Away 1-1 League

18/1 Cardiff Home 1-1 League

11/1 Luton Away 2-1 League

4/1 Blackburn Home 2-1 FA Cup

And for someone, who has been peddling an anti Forest agenda over countless Forums for God knows how long, to suddenly talk about objectivity, takes the fucking biscuit.

I appreciate my acerbic wit may not be to your liking, which is just too bad.

I am merely replying out of politeness, a concept which should reach your neck of the woods around 2025; in the mean time either put me on ignore or stop replying to my posts; I have nothing else to say to you.

I've no anti-Forest agenda. Talk like that is just daft. I just want to be able to go to home games, and look at the squad & see Sab has enough quality creativity to make home games as enjoyable as away ones.

I've wanted that for over a year now, and the folk not giving me that are the frauds in recruitment, so I'd like to see it change now.

If you've nothing more to say to me, stop quoting my posts and saying things to me.

The opposition play a substantial part in entertainment factor at our home games, BRE - probably more so than those tasked with recruitment.

Our most technically gifted and expensive player (Carvalho) has barely featured - that's down to Sabri - not the recruitment team. Sabri pretty much chooses that the set up at home and away is largely the same.

When we are the away side, the pressure is on the home side to come at us - which allows us to soak up pressure and hit them on the counter.

There aren't many sides that have come to the City Ground to play and if they nick an early goal (as Cardiff did) they then park the bus and time waste.

I don't disagree that we could have recruited more effectively (fans of many teams would say the same), sadly some signings just haven't worked but Sabri has been very clear that he only wants to work with a small squad of players.

That in itself is a limiting factor - only 18 can get into a matchday squad, so it's hard to keep those uninvolved happy. Furthermore, any players recruited have to be better than those we have already.

There is then the very clear strategy of adhering with FFP, both in terms of transfer fees and wages.

Personally, I can see the progression and as I've said many times - the no.1 signing we need to make - is that of getting Sabri to sign a new contract.

I've no anti-Forest agenda. Talk like that is just daft. I just want to be able to go to home games, and look at the squad & see Sab has enough quality creativity to make home games as enjoyable as away ones.

I've wanted that for over a year now, and the folk not giving me that are the frauds in recruitment, so I'd like to see it change now.

If you've nothing more to say to me, stop quoting my posts and saying things to me.

You mean just like the free flowing football dished up under the BD eras?

he bought in players the fans wanted. credit where its due, its all relative. i think his good signings were better, even signings like clough excited us more than most the unwanted dross we have now.
under these idiots we got rid of better than weve bought overall. gimmee colback, tomlin, ozzie and some strikers over 10 of this current squad . we have a good back 5 and thats it.

Fawaz was a disaster from start to finish. Yeah he splashed some cash, probably more for vanity that strategically. He also bought in a lot of dross. The club was ran appallingly, bills and wages being unpaid. Considering we've spent so little it speaks volumes that we're still challenging for the autos. Under Fawaz we were never in this position. Oh and he bought back the poisoned dwarf.

im not sure table is much different. we were in the mix last year, finished like 8th not 18th. we only had to improve 2 or 3 spots. right now we could finish higher or lower than that

Last year we were skirting with a play-off position but never really looking like getting there. This season we are skirting around an auto spot, which we'll probably not achieve but I am confident that we'll get an play off spot. something everyone on here thought was not possible back in August.

Because if we went up we would need 8 £10m signings to have any chance of not being in bottom three with sheep like points tally. This team is no where near good enough. Needs two more windows and another 12 months. At home we are awful.
And who says that our best plsyers (existing ) are ready to remain until that time? I said it before, if a premiership team or two comes knocking, the types of Cash nd Worrall will be off same for Figs nd Ribs..if their is interest in their native Portugal that will also give them the opportunity to play for their national team....off they go ...that will leave us with ? ....another rebuilding programme...[/QUOTE]
You really bring up some interesting points.

The club has all the best young players on long term contracts and though they may get an offer they can’t refuse for one of them they are not going to change the squad wholesale. They may accept on offer for next ne or two but no more. The money gained will finance a rebuild. Look at Brentford model. Every season they sell one or to players but rebuild. Financially they are strong and have decent young squad. It is the only way to survive in the championship or to gamble all on one big season.

Fawaz was a disaster from start to finish. Yeah he splashed some cash, probably more for vanity that strategically. He also bought in a lot of dross. The club was ran appallingly, bills and wages being unpaid. Considering we've spent so little it speaks volumes that we're still challenging for the autos. Under Fawaz we were never in this position. Oh and he bought back the poisoned dwarf.

Last year we were skirting with a play-off position but never really looking like getting there. This season we are skirting around an auto spot, which we'll probably not achieve but I am confident that we'll get an play off spot. something everyone on here thought was not possible back in August.

nonsense, after sacking 2 (or 3) managers and turning over 20 players, with 30k sell outs, top 1/4 of the league was bloody demanded and expected

The club has all the best young players on long term contracts and though they may get an offer they can’t refuse for one of them they are not going to change the squad wholesale. They may accept on offer for next ne or two but no more. The money gained will finance a rebuild. Look at Brentford model. Every season they sell one or to players but rebuild. Financially they are strong and have decent young squad. It is the only way to survive in the championship or to gamble all on one big season.
keep dreaming, who was the last top league player we produced?

I believe Wes Morgan was a Dunkirk product.
How long does he have to be with us to be our player? Is there a set number of years?

He was rejected by Notts at 15 and then played casually for Dunkirk while studying at South Notts College.

He was with us at 18 and I saw him make his debut at Port Vale at the age of 19

How long does he have to be with us to be our player? Is there a set number of years?

He was rejected by Notts at 15 and then played casually for Dunkirk while studying at South Notts College.

He was with us at 18 and I saw him make his debut at Port Vale at the age of 19

So who he is a product of then?

Notts?
Dunkirk?
South Notts College or
Us?

So who he is a product of then?

Notts?
Dunkirk?
South Notts College or
Us?
Who cares really?

Paz is slagging off the academy. Most of us think he is probably wide of the mark.

Legitimate point to say that he did not come all the way through our academy.

But at the same time, it then leads to the question of how long you have to be in the academy to be classed by people on a football forum as having come "through" it.

Academies don't always work that way. Players get released elsewhere and move.

Did Tom Huddlestone come from Derby's academy? Or ours? Most would say Derby but he was with us from a younger age. Who made him the player he became?

If Paz is saying that our academy is shit because none of our 8 year olds have gone on to win the world cup for a long time, maybe it's just because the kids of Nottingham are shit at football? I don't know

everything, all this talk about kids being our future when they aint done nowt since 1995 lol

If you take the line Paz is arguing there is a direct correlation between developing top class youngsters and Forest being in the top clubs. We agree then. We need to develop our own with a sprinkle of purchasers.