Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?) | Vital Football

Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?)

Behind Red Eyes

Vital Squad Member
Jan's signings have contributed absolutely nothing to our promotion push so far.

Some may say that they need time, but simply put we don't have it. They've been here 5-6 games now, and there's only 12 games left. Players like Callum Robinson (2 goals in 5 from out left), Scott Hogan (4 goals in 5) etc, show what we should have been signing.

Looking back to last year and we signed Bonatini to score for us. This Summer Mir. This Jan Da Costa & Diakhabi. All have failed so far to provide any remote attacking threat, never mind an actual goal.

How can you sign 4 attacking players over the space of 12 months, and not get 1 single solitary goal from any of them?

I can't be the only one fearful of this current team flushing more of our money away in the summer Shirely?

We've a great management team. Some great academy products. And still have some good signings from AK's time here like Grabban & Lolley. Yes we have landed the odd decent player like Samba & Ribero, but the majority of players bought here this year have barely been ready for the league, never mind able to cement a place in a top 6 side, with Sabri playing a system to make the absolute most of average players like Silva & Ameobi.

Time for EM to show some balls and rid us of these frauds in recruitment? Or at least demote them?
2.5 year deal on Bong FFS. :LOL::slap:

Not that fussed on calling for backroom staff jobs without knowing the full facts.

But I would certainly like them to do better.

Ribiero- hit
Sow- hit
Samba- hit
Silva- hit (Ish)
Ameobi- hit (Ish)
Rodriguez - hit

Semedo- miss
Bostock- miss but shouldn't have been
Muric - massive miss

Then

Diakhaby- possible miss
Da Costa- not convinced...

Who else did we sign that I have forgotten about?

Diakhaby is dire, however da costas had about 10mins so far, and was injured yesterday.

I’d reserve judgment until he’s played at least one half of football, then, obviously it’ll be clear whether he’ll be shit or not.

Jenkinson - MISS
Samba - HIT
Da Costa - DON'T KNOW YET (probs miss)
Sow - HIT
Chema - HIT (sort of)
Muric - MISS
Ameobi - HIT
Adomah - MISS
Mir - MISS
Bong - MISS
Silva - MISS
Bostock - MISS
Ribeiro - HIT
Diakhaby - MISS
Semedo - MISS
Walker (recall) - MISS

Diakhaby is dire, however da costas had about 10mins so far, and was injured yesterday.

I’d reserve judgment until he’s played at least one half of football, then, obviously it’ll be clear whether he’ll be shit or not.
He's been here for five games and missed four of them through not being fit.

Not an auspicious start

Including his Udders time, Diakhaby had had more game time this season than Yates, Carvalho or Semedo. Here he has already had more total game time than Mir.

The fact that Da Costa has had the opportunity to play in 5 games, yet failed to appear in most of them says a lot.

We needed players who immediately strengthened the side straight from the off in Jan, so that we could gain an advantage over our rivals & overtake them. Something the recruitment bods should have recognized. None of the Jan signings have done that in the slightest.

Whether good or shit, we really needed a player who could at least contribute something from the off. Grabban's tiring IMO, and we decide to spend 2m on someone who's not fit enough to get ahead of Walker on arrival, and then gets injured anyway.

Pretty awful recruiting allround IMO.

WE don't know of course what the financial implications of signing the 2 players mentioned , Robinson & Hogan but you would imagine the £2 we have spent on on Costa & whatever Dhiakby is costing us would have more than covered it. I know spending vast sums doesn't guarantee success but in general footballers as a commodity are no different to anything else and seem to go someway to proving the 2 proverbs, Buy cheap buy twice & generally you get what you pay for

Anyone who thinks this season hasn’t been a success needs to really think about reality. The window wasn’t a disaster either, If we’d have won 1-0 yesterday this Fred (PMSL) wouldn’t have been written.
Let's see where we end up...only then we will know if this season could be described a success or not ...anyone has the statistics from last season? On how many points we where this time last year? How far away we where from the play offs? ...

Let's see where we end up...only then we will know if this season could be described a success or not ...anyone has the statistics from last season? On how many points we where this time last year? How far away we where from the play offs? ...

8th on 50 points. 6 points from the playoffs, 14 from autos and we beat Derby 1-0 this week.

8th on 50 points. 6 points from the playoffs, 14 from autos and we beat Derby 1-0 this week.

So all in all we are in a stronger position than this time last season. I doubt anyone on this forum would have thought we'd be where we are.

Stupid thread from a BD fanboy pining for a man who delivered nowt.

After 34 games last season we had 50 points - we currently have 56. Last season we finished on 66 points, and in 9th, 8 points behind Direby in 6th place.

A terrible season for transfer recruitment, brought into focus when you hear that Muric is allegedly on £38k a week and we're having to pay it! I don't know if that's accurate TBF.

If inevitably we have to sell one or more of Cash, Worrall or Figs in the summer, our past record provides NO confidence that they'll spend the proceeds wisely. What a shambles.

So all in all we are in a stronger position than this time last season. I doubt anyone on this forum would have thought we'd be where we are.

Stupid thread from a BD fanboy pining for a man who delivered nowt.

I think it's been a strong season with a couple of recruitment upgrades and a couple of our own really kicking on.

The possible source of disappointment is that promotion is absolutely there for the taking and we either couldn't or wouldn't take advantage of this chance last transfer window.

Couple that with our strong showings against the better teams and our slips against weaker sides then the worry is that once more promotion will slip from our fingers.

If it does can we be sure that our best players will remain and we'll get another shot?