MK Dons (A) | Page 5 | Vital Football

MK Dons (A)

1st half ....... I'd rather forget.

2nd half, goals aside, we showed a little promise at times. Like Glasgow says, the decline in our line-up from the 1st minute on Saturday to the point tonight when Keane went off shows our plight.

The kids give us hope, but they need confidence.

There's little point at this time comparing ourselves to any other club, regardless of position in the league. What we need to do is to concentrate on playing as a team, working hard, supporting each other, keeping the heads up. As fans, that's all we can ask of them right now.
Moonay mate I know what your saying but feck me mate we are in the shyte here

Moonay mate I know what your saying but feck me mate we are in the shyte here

Oh, I agree ...................... but losing our rags with the players isn't going to change the price of fish.

Granted, Massey was awful, and should have been pulling his tripe out, and yes, Gardner was terrible in the first half (though he did improve later on), but most of the rest were trying, but just weren't good enough.

To be fair, for the second game running, it can't have been easy to lose a player in the early minutes of the game, and have to reconsider the setup/game plan etc.

Also, though Jamie Jones has been the scapegoat in a couple of matches, he kept us in that game in the first half.

We're in the shite right enough ...................... but we knew we were going to be. No point flogging ourselves for it.

Last edited:
At the end when we had more of the kids on were looked a bit better, granted MK had already got the win and were happy to sit back and hold onto it, but there was a bit more enthusiasm and energy in the way we tried to go at them at least.

Cranksahw really struggled, thought Palmer looked quite good but had very little to work with. Thought Perry and Asgaard showed more than some of our senior players. Gardner even showed a bit towards the end, but it was too little too late. Massey shouldnt play again even if he is fit - not sure if it's confidence, attitude or whatever but he has been one of our worst performers, taking zero responsibility and going hiding this season when he should be one of the ones leading the charge.

It seems like our senior players are dropping like flies so i assume the kids will be playing on mass on Satruday - it can't be any worse. But Sheridan needs to stop mucking about with players out of position and 5 at the back - it's making a tough job even harder.

At the end when we had more of the kids on were looked a bit better, granted MK had already got the win and were happy to sit back and hold onto it, but there was a bit more enthusiasm and energy in the way we tried to go at them at least.

Cranksahw really struggled, thought Palmer looked quite good but had very little to work with. Thought Perry and Asgaard showed more than some of our senior players. Gardner even showed a bit towards the end, but it was too little too late. Massey shouldnt play again even if he is fit - not sure if it's confidence, attitude or whatever but he has been one of our worst performers, taking zero responsibility and going hiding this season when he should be one of the ones leading the charge.

It seems like our senior players are dropping like flies so i assume the kids will be playing on mass on Satruday - it can't be any worse. But Sheridan needs to stop mucking about with players out of position and 5 at the back - it's making a tough job even harder.
Agree with you but Sheridan needs to be shown the door good job he is just a stop gap

Oh, I agree ...................... but losing our rags with the players isn't going to change the price of fish.

Granted, Massey was awful, and should have been pulling his tripe out, and yes, Gardner was terrible in the first half (though he did improve later on), but most of the rest were trying, but just weren't good enough.

To be fair, for the second game running, it can't have been easy to lose a player in the early minutes of the game, and have to reconsider the setup/game plan etc.

Also, though Jamie Jones has been the scapegoat in a couple of matches, he kept us in that game in the first half.

We're in the site right enough ...................... but we knew we were going to be. No point flogging ourselves for it.

A scapegoat is when you blame people for the mistakes of others - no one blamed Jones for anything other than the errors he made. He did well tonight so credit where it is due, but he has been very mistake prone over his time with us and nothing really changes that.

Still not in the bottom four (somehow). The goal now (other than still having a club) is to get to January without being cut adrift. Do that and we still have a good chance of staying up assuming a takeover has been completed by then and we can bring bodies in.
Our problem is scoring goals if we can't do that we won't win games
Garner is as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd
Midfield is absolute shyte and the defence feck me where do I start

Agree with you but Sheridan needs to be shown the door good job he is just a stop gap

I think he was always likely to be let go when the new regime arrive, unless he really impressed which to be fair is very hard under the circumstances.

He was always going to be fighting a massive uphill battle, so i do genuinely have sympathy for him but he's not been able to get the best out of what little he has either. Some of that is the players letting him down but as the manager it ultimately falls to you to motivate and train them so they perform to the best of their ability for you. But i do wonder if the fact everyone knows he's a stop gap manager who could be gone in a week means his influence in the dressing room is seriously undermined.

Our problem is scoring goals if we can't do that we won't win games
Garner is as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd
Midfield is absolute shyte and the defence feck me where do I start
No it isn't. Garner is a proven goalscorer at this level and already has way more goals than anyone else. Give him chance and he'll score. The problem is the defence is shite and the midfield isn't much better. A few injuries to key men (like tonight) and we have a L2 side at best.

Hope Massey is hitching a ride up the M1
Disgraceful when he went off - can't even throw off his gloves on target - who does he think he is ? Poor mons Chimbonda 🤣
If we can't get a result Saturday against a Northampton side who are literally "cobblers" it will be the lowest of low points (so far) 🙄

A scapegoat is when you blame people for the mistakes of others - no one blamed Jones for anything other than the errors he made. He did well tonight so credit where it is due, but he has been very mistake prone over his time with us and nothing really changes that.
Yep, that's a fair point. His howlers were his own. Scapegoat was the wrong word.

Last edited:
I think he was always likely to be let go when the new regime arrive, unless he really impressed which to be fair is very hard under the circumstances.

He was always going to be fighting a massive uphill battle, so i do genuinely have sympathy for him but he's not been able to get the best out of what little he has either. Some of that is the players letting him down but as the manager it ultimately falls to you to motivate and train them so they perform to the best of their ability for you. But i do wonder if the fact everyone knows he's a stop gap manager who could be gone in a week means his influence in the dressing room is seriously undermined.
Looks like part of not getting the best out of what he's got is by making Rosler seem a conservative selection manager.
Any competent manager can quickly work out which position best suits a player and plays him there.
Sheridan is clearly at the don't give a flyer point.

No it isn't. Garner is a proven goalscorer at this level and already has way more goals than anyone else. Give him chance and he'll score. The problem is the defence is shite and the midfield isn't much better. A few injuries to key men (like tonight) and we have a L2 side at best.
How many chances or shots did he have tonight
When did he last score

Don't like commenting about the team itself straight after a game, especially when its so frustrating what's happened/happening to us. On the manager front though, Like most I'm sure, Sheridan wouldn;t be near anyone top 10 for the job and he is making it harder with his formations, but as Richardson and Grayson don't want the job, to those questioning him being here, who's a viable alternative?

Don't like commenting about the team itself straight after a game, especially when its so frustrating what's happened/happening to us. On the manager front though, Like most I'm sure, Sheridan wouldn;t be near anyone top 10 for the job and he is making it harder with his formations, but as Richardson and Grayson don't want the job, to those questioning him being here, who's a viable alternative?
Agree what you say there is no alternative in our present situation which goes to show the shyte we are in and it's going to get worse before it gets better

Well I never! I thought it was our Chinese owners who put us in this position but fuck me, how wrong was I, apparently its all Gavin Massey's fault.

I know we had injuries to key players but we are still better than that disappointing display!
IMO Sheridan got it wrong tonight playing that negative 532 formation,with too many players out of position.We were too deep from the start and it set the tone for the rest of the game.

As soon as Perry came on,who can get on the ball and spray it around in our familiar 4231 formation we improved that last 20 minutes.

I'd give Long mom tonight.

I know we had injuries to key players but we are still better than that disappointing display!
IMO Sheridan got it wrong tonight playing that negative 532 formation,with too many players out of position.We were too deep from the start and it set the tone for the rest of the game.

As soon as Perry came on,who can get on the ball and spray it around in our familiar 4231 formation we improved that last 20 minutes.

I'd give Long mom tonight.

I agree with you But thought Jamie Jones also played well tonight - I s as Lao agree wrt Alex Perry, in fact from what I can see, Matt Palmer & Chris Merrie can also “get on the ball and spray it around”

My starting midfield would have been Palmer, Merrie & Perry and I would have told Pierce & James to play it through midfield who would then get it up field by means of control & passing rather than the current methodology being employed by Sheridan of hoof Ing it up and relying on luck !

I also would have subbed Aasgaard for Massey at half time !.