Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham

to be honest, I thought at times we showed we can really play; but carrying Son and Hoj just puts too much pressure on the 9 left trying...

I've written the season off now, and like you it would be nice to concentrate and give our all to winning a domestic cup.

Conte also looks like and sounds like he has given up as well, so we had better have a plan for his succession - one that actually has some planning and thought around it this time.

Agree, I thought we looked really threatening most of the game and played some decent stuff.

Like you say we had (and have had for a while) a couple of passengers that are costing us.

I love Son but he really needs to be dropped ASAP, he's starting to cost us games.

As for Hugo....

to be honest, I thought at times we showed we can really play; but carrying Son and Hoj just puts too much pressure on the 9 left trying...
I've written the season off now, and like you it would be nice to concentrate and give our all to winning a domestic cup.
Conte also looks like and sounds like he has given up as well, so we had better have a plan for his succession - one that actually has some planning and thought around it this time.
If we follow the established pattern I should think that Louis Van Gaal is the next on the list.
I don't think that Son and Hojbjerg are non tryers, they're just coming up way short. Sonny's fall from where he was a few months ago has been both spectacular and sad.

Well I'm in the minority but I quite enjoyed that lol

I've never wanted Spurs to not win before but I genuinely believe if we had then Arsenal would win the league, that would be unbearable.

We played some good stuff at times.

The league is a write off, concentrate on the FA Cup and keep plodding along in the league around the top 7 and I'll be happy.
We still have the CL we can win as well!

If we follow the established pattern I should think that Louis Van Gaal is the next on the list.
I don't think that Son and Hojbjerg are non tryers, they're just coming up way short. Sonny's fall from where he was a few months ago has been both spectacular and sad.
Probably all of those air miles catching up on him.

Agree, I thought we looked really threatening most of the game and played some decent stuff.

Like you say we had (and have had for a while) a couple of passengers that are costing us.

I love Son but he really needs to be dropped ASAP, he's starting to cost us games.

As for Hugo....

Hugo distribution is killing us and has done for sometime now, it's why we fart arond at the back so much, as the defenders clearly don't trust him.

In this era of Premier League you need a more accomplished midfielder than Hojberg... Honestly think he is fucking useless. Running around swinging his arms, looking angry with the style and grace of rugby front row.

Son has lost his magic powers. I actually saw this coming. I've been long of the opinion that Son was an assassin in the final third when afforded space. If a game fell right for him he would punish teams but never one when the going gets tough.

Looks like Hugo is finished. He'll save the ones you don't expect but low and close to him and his decision making and execution are pitiful..

Kulusevski doesn't look fully fit yet.

All I have say lol! about that crap last night...THFCharity working at its best, 2 goals up at HT, then within 10 mins 2nd half 2each, finally losing 4-2.
Lloris 2 goals fault
Perisic 1 goal fault
Lenglet 1 goal fault

Conte get the fcuk out of my club.

Apparently Levy has four lined up as Contes replacement . I read that on here , not sure which thread …

I have absolutely convinced myself that Conte is punishing the Board for not backing him , no matter what he is saying about how he understands the “ Tottenham situation”

And

The Levy Quote regarding our DNA should be flown over the ground every home game every week .
He should be ashamed of himself for not following that through …

it’s just words ….. it means nothing .

That pisses me off .

I just wonder how many other managers / coaches would play away to City with three up front , nobody to control the ball and give them the decisive passes through the lines …

Then … play two in midfield against their four ( this is Manchester City after all ) with one of the midfield just back from six weeks out injured and the other a complete shell of a bloke who even looks knackered walking out of the changing room .
He then compliments the midfield with a thirty four year old left back and a lost soul at right back and still plays three at the back ..

They then attack our wide areas which stops our marauding wing backs getting forward and exposes their frailties in the art of defending .

It’s then complimented by playing a goalkeeper that nobody , the team , coaching staff and fans , has one ounce of confidence in .

I don’t think , apart from Moura , ! we had any injuries last , which meant that Skipp could have put himself about , ( not that I’m a fan of his ) Bissouma Sarr and Bentancur could have been containing ,and getting the ball forward … Son could have been just as dangerous sitting on the bench .
The back three should have been a back four .

Richarlison would have kept their back line occupied .

Luckily for us we have a defensive coach !!!!
A proactive coach ,
A reactive coach .
A tactical coach .

“But ….. err ….. let’s win the game and we will see if we are any happier . “
That is what he said before the game .

fucking masterclass .

Me and Niall would have at least given us a chance had we been in charge . Any of our posters would have given them a proper game .

unless the team is being set up to spite the board .
This , what is being touted as a Tottenham team , is truly shocking .

“ Son could have been just as dangerous sitting on the bench”

Walt, thank you. This brought a smile to my face. So funny because it’s so true.