Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham | Vital Football

Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham

Afternoon DH, great to read your words of wisdom! lol!
Afternoon Pompey - there is really not much more to say. We could discuss the tactics, the desire of the team and the manager but I feel it is easier to simplify things. We are going to get soundly thrashed. I know it, Conte knows it and the players probably know it too.

Afternoon Pompey - there is really not much more to say. We could discuss the tactics, the desire of the team and the manager but I feel it is easier to simplify things. We are going to get soundly thrashed. I know it, Conte knows it and the players probably know it too.
You could quite well be right there, but we were saying the same v MC last season lol! look how that went, the double over em! mind this season is a different matter lol!

This could be an interesting one! City commit so many men forward that they are susceptible to a well organised and committed counter attacking team. If we were well organised, (a big if), that team could well be us, after all it fits with Conte’s philosophy!

Absolutely torn on this.

So many permutations of how a City win might be best for us. Imagine us beating them and handing a huge boost to Arsenals league chances.

I want change and City humiliating us might speed that up.

Pep will be out for blood and City need to get rid of our Hoodoo on them.

I dont want another stolen result where we mug them off, take 3 points but feel dirty after. Either go at them and play a game of football or just take the humiliation please.

Forster
Romero Dier Lenglet Davies
Bentancur Bissouma Sarr
Kulusevski Kane Richarlison

or

Forster
Romero Dier Lenglet Davies
Bissouma Sarr
Kulusevski Bentancur Richarlison
Kane

The biggest problem is that 5 or 6 of our players know how to smell a manager's P45. They've been through this process before where they just start ignoring his instructions and the defeats come before the inevitable sacking. They've shown time and time again that they aren't going to fight for the incumbent and won't for Conte. That means City will win this one easily.

Yeah and this will be ugly. United beating City the way they did...did not do us any favors!!! Pep and the players are pissed....we are going to get taken behind the woodshed I am afraid.
Mind in my earlier years USAF it was good going behind the wood shed, ooooh! the memories lol!