Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham

Hi folks outta action today
We had a power cut due to essential sub station maintenance.
Some good post here.
Sorry for no replies.
First half we gave, as good as we got, and a tad fortunate to be 2 up, but we weren't crap.
Wr saved that for the second half.
Can I ask what fekin keeper doesn't cover his near side post when the attacker has possession, it's almost a carbon copy of Sakas goal.
As has been said Lloris distribution whether short or long is totally rubbish.
All Hojberg can do is huff, puff, and gesture flapping his hands.
Actually trying to blame other players for his short falls.
Just like (the undroppable) Son who must have incriminating photos of Conte or something, he is, a mile off the pace.
How can they both be regularly on the team sheet.
For Fuck sake
We need 3 in midfield
If that means 2 up front so be it
Or 4 at the back, again let's do it
Put the big lad in goal.
Get Bents, Biss, Sarr mid
Kane Richi up front
It couldn't be worse.

Hi folks outta action today
We had a power cut due to essential sub station maintenance.
Some good post here.
Sorry for no replies.
First half we gave, as good as we got, and a tad fortunate to be 2 up, but we weren't crap.
Wr saved that for the second half.
Can I ask what fekin keeper doesn't cover his near side post when the attacker has possession, it's almost a carbon copy of Sakas goal.
As has been said Lloris distribution whether short or long is totally rubbish.
All Hojberg can do is huff, puff, and gesture flapping his hands.
Actually trying to blame other players for his short falls.
Just like (the undroppable) Son who must have incriminating photos of Conte or something, he is, a mile off the pace.
How can they both be regularly on the team sheet.
For Fuck sake
We need 3 in midfield
If that means 2 up front so be it
Or 4 at the back, again let's do it
Put the big lad in goal.
Get Bents, Biss, Sarr mid
Kane Richi up front
It couldn't be worse.
You are preaching to the converted Niall!

You are preaching to the converted Niall!
Like I said earlier TQ , any of us on here could pick a better team than Conte .
We could also pick out better transfer targets .

The transfer window opened on January 1st .
It wasn’t a secret . Everyone in football knew that , a year ago .
Everyone in our club who has dealings in procurement knew that a year ago .
It’s not as if we go out and hire Procurement Officers on the same day the window opens and say to them , go scour the football world and find us somebody than can improve us in these positions , but hurry up , you only have till the end of the month now .

Ex keeps telling us how difficult these negotiations are and I understand that …..it’s just that nobody has explained that to all our rivals … The chavs and the goons don’t seem to find it that kin difficult .
They seem to look on the rumour mill websites at the players we seem to be interested in and go out and get them .

That seems to be a good policy .

I wish Kulu had the excellence to take the initiative away from citeh when they scored four unanswered second-half goals.

Well Mahrez was MOTM, and if he replaced Kulu and played with the other 10 of ours, I'm certain he couldn't either.

What I wish more is that I didn't need to see what I've seen down our left in the last 2 games. Whether it is Sess or Perisic or whether it is Lenglet or Davies, it hasn't been good enough. Ditto the rubbish we've seen from Hojbjerg just in front of them and the role of Son defensively. Our left side has been shocking and where both Arsenal and City have exploited our weakness.

Well Mahrez was MOTM, and if he replaced Kulu and played with the other 10 of ours, I'm certain he couldn't either.

What I wish more is that I didn't need to see what I've seen down our left in the last 2 games. Whether it is Sess or Perisic or whether it is Lenglet or Davies, it hasn't been good enough. Ditto the rubbish we've seen from Hojbjerg just in front of them and the role of Son defensively. Our left side has been shocking and where both Arsenal and City have exploited our weakness.

Mahrez picked up the MOTM by scoring two goals from our gift-wrapped elementary errors. I am making the point; that Kulu needed to make a greater impression on the match for his performance to be described as excellent. He was one of the better ones from our average 11, nothing more than that. You highlight a few of our deficient combinations, exacerbated by players not being good enough in ball retention and passing. Our opponents don't have to do much to be stand-out performers against us; it's all too easy for them.

He scored and tried to create. What did the mighty Kane or Son do? Bottled it as usual.

Kulu really isn't the problem here. Thank the lord him and Bentacur are here. We would be 8th or lower without them.

I'm not suggesting he is the problem, my objection is the terminology used to describe his performance. He was good, but that doesn't equate to the excellence you previously used.