Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham

Get rid now and take Levy with you. Levy can say he wants a manager with Spurs DNA,yet he has to appoint someone who is completely out of touch with our Club. Again and Again he does it but we say fuck all, myself included , because we have a small Voice. I love this Club with all my heart,since I was 15. It's not about the shareholders,It's not about Big Joe or Danny Boy,It's about the FANS. They pay your wages , Yeah lads in case you forget.

For the life of me I can't understand why you guys are so distressed. I got to see this one live and thought it was fantastic. I truly felt like a 10 year-old with a ring-side seat at the circus. There was everything; Suspense - Excitement - Surprise - Thrill - Pathos - Hilarity - Anxiety - and overall, the all embracing Clowns.

I rarely write during matches, for this very reason
Whilst not exactly dictating the game, we were 2-0 up, a lot of players putting in a decent shift.
Now I'm no premiership manager, but at half time I would've taken Kane and Son off.
Brought on Bissuma to form a mid 3
Then brought on Richi to run at the defence and keep em busy.
Ohhhno we stay the same, let City make a come back thanks to Lloris, and indeed Perisic, Dier starts to kick the ball any where but the right place yet again, and Lenglet gives em a cherry on top.
Fek me but we're Spursy
Must admit the commentators were enjoying it a bit too much as 80 said.
I've run out of description, and indeed swear words.
How does a 'defensive tactitian' let this happen
F#ck me.

38 Matches 22 Wins 8 draws 8 Losses = 74 points = 3rd place.

It's still on. After draws against Fulham and City we embark on a nine match winning streak, before drawing with Newcastle and United followed by our one remaining loss this season at Liverpool. Kane and Son both score double figures in the PL over the next three months.

And then I woke up.

I just wonder how many other managers / coaches would play away to City with three up front , nobody to control the ball and give them the decisive passes through the lines …

Then … play two in midfield against their four ( this is Manchester City after all ) with one of the midfield just back from six weeks out injured and the other a complete shell of a bloke who even looks knackered walking out of the changing room .
He then compliments the midfield with a thirty four year old left back and a lost soul at right back and still plays three at the back ..

They then attack our wide areas which stops our marauding wing backs getting forward and exposes their frailties in the art of defending .

It’s then complimented by playing a goalkeeper that nobody , the team , coaching staff and fans , has one ounce of confidence in .

I don’t think , apart from Moura , ! we had any injuries last , which meant that Skipp could have put himself about , ( not that I’m a fan of his ) Bissouma Sarr and Bentancur could have been containing ,and getting the ball forward … Son could have been just as dangerous sitting on the bench .
The back three should have been a back four .

Richarlison would have kept their back line occupied .

Luckily for us we have a defensive coach !!!!
A proactive coach ,
A reactive coach .
A tactical coach .

“But ….. err ….. let’s win the game and we will see if we are any happier . “
That is what he said before the game .

fucking masterclass .

Me and Niall would have at least given us a chance had we been in charge . Any of our posters would have given them a proper game .

unless the team is being set up to spite the board .
This , what is being touted as a Tottenham team , is truly shocking .

I just wonder how many other managers / coaches would play away to City with three up front , nobody to control the ball and give them the decisive passes through the lines …

Then … play two in midfield against their four ( this is Manchester City after all ) with one of the midfield just back from six weeks out injured and the other a complete shell of a bloke who even looks knackered walking out of the changing room .
He then compliments the midfield with a thirty four year old left back and a lost soul at right back and still plays three at the back ..

They then attack our wide areas which stops our marauding wing backs getting forward and exposes their frailties in the art of defending .

It’s then complimented by playing a goalkeeper that nobody , the team , coaching staff and fans , has one ounce of confidence in .

I don’t think , apart from Moura , ! we had any injuries last , which meant that Skipp could have put himself about , ( not that I’m a fan of his ) Bissouma Sarr and Bentancur could have been containing ,and getting the ball forward … Son could have been just as dangerous sitting on the bench .
The back three should have been a back four .

Richarlison would have kept their back line occupied .

Luckily for us we have a defensive coach !!!!
A proactive coach ,
A reactive coach .
A tactical coach .

“But ….. err ….. let’s win the game and we will see if we are any happier . “
That is what he said before the game .

fucking masterclass .

Me and Niall would have at least given us a chance had we been in charge . Any of our posters would have given them a proper game .

unless the team is being set up to spite the board .
This , what is being touted as a Tottenham team , is truly shocking .

You are both so right. You get battered in the 1st half and somehow find yourselves walking in 2-0 up away at City. You know it is luck more than judgment but you take it and plan for how you capitalise on it.

Conte's only thinking should have been how long can the returning Bentancur last and how does he contain them in midfield second half and keep them away from our goal. We could have all excused him sitting deep, playing on the counter and protecting that lead.

He would have got my total respect if he had moved to the below, and removed Son and Kane. We all knew what was going to happen with those 2 second half. It absolutely did.

Hojbjerg, Bentancur, Sarr
Kulu, Richi

Conte is like a lamb to the slaughter against these proper PL managers.

I think both of our goals were relatively lucky. But did really enjoy that one counter down the right which Perisic should have scored.

Apart from that all huff and puff going forward.

I have seen better defending in the Sunday league. Not one defender or Hugo comes out with any credit. Everyone of them made massive mistakes for every goal.

Perisic isn't a wing back. That much is obvious now. The lad is 34 ffs you can't chuck him under the bus like that. He should have played LF.

We are into our third transfer window and we are doing nothing to upgrade our pathetic CBS or GK. Embarrassing.

I think both of our goals were relatively lucky. But did really enjoy that one counter down the right which Perisic should have scored.

Apart from that all huff and puff going forward.

I have seen better defending in the Sunday league. Not one defender or Hugo comes out with any credit. Everyone of them made massive mistakes for every goal.

Perisic isn't a wing back. That much is obvious now. The lad is 34 ffs you can't chuck him under the bus like that. He should have played LF.

We are into our third transfer window and we are doing nothing to upgrade our pathetic CBS or GK. Embarrassing.

Yep, it's crazy. Our 3 priorities seem to be RWB, CM and Fwd whilst we watch the constant shit show from the GK and defenders.

We should destabilise Liverpool and put in a bid for Kelleher. Get his head turned and make him want first team football more.

Well I'm in the minority but I quite enjoyed that lol

I've never wanted Spurs to not win before but I genuinely believe if we had then Arsenal would win the league, that would be unbearable.

We played some good stuff at times.

The league is a write off, concentrate on the FA Cup and keep plodding along in the league around the top 7 and I'll be happy.

Yep, it's crazy. Our 3 priorities seem to be RWB, CM and Fwd whilst we watch the constant shit show from the GK and defenders.

We should destabilise Liverpool and put in a bid for Kelleher. Get his head turned and make him want first team football more.
I can't help thinking that if we had a strong back four (like in the good old Toby and Verts days) Bentacur would emerge as a useful creative MF. It would certainly free him up a bit. He exudes class.

I've never wanted Spurs to not win before but I genuinely believe if we had then Arsenal would win the league, that would be unbearable.
The league is a write off, concentrate on the FA Cup and keep plodding along in the league around the top 7 and I'll be happy.
Saving all the best performances for the CL would suit me better. Trouble is I don't know what constitutes a best performance any longer.

Saving all the best performances for the CL would suit me better. Trouble is I don't know what constitutes a best performance any longer.

Yeah and the CL but realistically we will get pummeled against someone at some point, I don't even fancy us again Milan to be honest.

The FA Cup we actually have a good chance of winning, there's a decent chance Liverpool could be gone next round. City or Arsenal are gone and that leaves us, Man Utd and Arsenal/City. If we get another favorable draw or 2 we have a serious chance.

Obviously they will let us down again but it's worth dreaming lol

to be honest, I thought at times we showed we can really play; but carrying Son and Hoj just puts too much pressure on the 9 left trying...

I've written the season off now, and like you it would be nice to concentrate and give our all to winning a domestic cup.

Conte also looks like and sounds like he has given up as well, so we had better have a plan for his succession - one that actually has some planning and thought around it this time.

Yeah and the CL but realistically we will get pummeled against someone at some point, I don't even fancy us again Milan to be honest.

The FA Cup we actually have a good chance of winning, there's a decent chance Liverpool could be gone next round. City or Arsenal are gone and that leaves us, Man Utd and Arsenal/City. If we get another favorable draw or 2 we have a serious chance.

Obviously they will let us down again but it's worth dreaming lol
It's a good job we have a "winner" as a manager who is famed for success in cup competitions...