Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread Thursday 19 JAN, 20:00 Etihad Stadium, Manchester City v Tottenham

I've always hated that about Son.
When the going gets tough he disappears. You cant reply on him. Big fish. Small pond.
I mean he has always disappeared for games at a time but used to score in a few but now that’s gone, he is just a waste of a starting spot. Not good enough at the other stuff to make it worth keeping him in

Giving Lloris that contract extension is starting to look stupid. This doesn't look temporary, a true disasterclass in goalkeeping.

He is costing us games by himself now, somebody take him out to the garden and do the humane thing.

Giving Lloris that contract extension is starting to look stupid. This doesn't look temporary, a true disasterclass in goalkeeping.

He is costing us games by himself now, somebody take him out to the garden and do the humane thing.

I make it

Villa
Arsenal 1st
1st/3rd today

Big errors

Arsenal 2nd
2nd today

could/should do better

Yes ENIC is the main problem I get that but I honestly reckon Conte said at half time right we are 2-0 up sit back and defend. First half stats they had 2 shots on target we had 4. Yes we got lucky a few times but we were 2-0 up. We cant defend so why try.

Yet another insipid display where we predominant sit back & try to contain. When we pushed out, we looked like we could pose a threat but as ever, very little control in midfield that then starved our forward line. Sonny was anonymous for most of the game, Dier had yet more brain malfunctions, Lloris once again showed that he’s passed his best & Lenglet entered the fray to not only provide city with their 4th but almost give them a clear opening for a fifth.
The rot is well & truly deep & we need a roof & branches sort out but Contes style of containing the opposition doesn’t work when we don’t pisses the GK & defensive spine capable of preventing goals being scored! I can’t even be downhearted from the result as it, and the performance, were entirely expected! Simply shocking.

I thought we pressed more than normal and pretty much for gifted two goals. Second half they put their foot down a bit and blew us away. Conte out.

Conte will probably point to how open we were when we went to 4 at the back but its not a fair comparison.

Switching to a back 4 when we are chasing the game and getting overrun in midfield is hardly the same as having 3 central midfielders protecting your back 4 in a structured manner from the start of the game.

We look so unbalanced as a team.

Yes there were very poor defensive performances but what we needed was a shape that best protects that weakness.

Its a real shame that Lloris has fallen so far. The man has given us great service done the years but surely he can't be our No 1 for the rest of the season.

Perisic is not a wingback. He is a winger. Wide left with a fullback behind him is where he should be playing.

Lenglet (OMG) We sign a French international on loan from Barcelona and he looked like a Sunday league player when he came on. Brighton have a LCB on loan from Chelsea (Levi Colwill, 19 years old) who has been a standout player from them recently. There is clearly something wrong with our recruitment.

Sonny is not even a shadow of his former self, how he starts games and finishes them is beyond me at this point.