Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 30 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Lincoln City

2015-16. National League 13th (105)
2016-17. National League. 1st. (93)
2017-18. EFL2 7th (75)
2018-19. EFL2. 1st (69)
2019-20. EFL1. 16th (60)
2020-21. EFL1. 6th (or higher) (50)

I have just put the recent league positions and place in the football pyramid in brackets.

It just puts into perspective the real "momentum" the club has.

When discussing most topics "Lincoln City" during the last few years, it's not unreasonable to expect a fairly robust response to anyone being overly negative and especially questioning the decisions of the last two managers.

Those posters who have shot down strongly negative opinions have been on a winner.

They may have no greater insight into all things football than those they shoot down... but they may have come to the conclusion that the managers that have produced the rise (from a place below Woking to one well above Ipswich) might know what they are doing.

I generally find that the forum is reasonably tolerant of a variety of views. Providing there is some merit in the argument.

I think TJ is an excellent player but Poole is a good player that is becoming increasingly influential.

No one is likely to shoot you down if you rate one slightly higher than the other... but to say Poole is rubbish will get shot down.

The truth is the top 50 clubs of English football don't have crap players.

I might have been unlucky then because I haven’t said Poole is rubbish, only that Eyoma is a far superior player.. & I’ve still been shot down.

I see Jake Forster-Caskey damaged his ACL on Tuesday night and is out for the rest of this season. Doesn't sound too bad, but a blow for Charlton's chances of reaching and competing in the play-offs.