Match thread - a bit of luck helps. | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match thread - a bit of luck helps.

" Rotherham played with great intensity & fitness" Completely agree, and would add there is absolutely no excuse for us not being able to match these attributes, It doesn't matter how much better you are technically if it is not allied to fitness & intensity. If it is a problem to our players then there is clearly a deeper underlying problem that needs to be addressed

Funnily enough they all thought they ran out of steam by 70 minutes and we were the fitter side.

I did the same from centre mid - then as I got older and slower from left back - unfortunately there was nowhere to go from there!

Last match was in Nottm Senior Cup final @ Eastwood Town early 1990's
I was captain & LB - we lost 3-0 and two young messershmitts took it in turns to rip me to pieces. It was time to finish

We always played on a Saturday but I had a mate in those years who captained a Sunday league side and I frequently turned out for them playing left back. Found it a bit easier too, and always played under another name. Those were the days.

Weren't pitches a mile long in your day, holding the ball standard and fatal injuries expected?View attachment 43056

Not quite that bad Pope but my main sport in those days was basketball and we also worked Saturday mornings as well so a weekend of playing sport often resulted in 1 game of basketball on Saturday evening and 2 of football Sat and Sunday afternoons. Sunday evening usually took my future wife to the cinema, the Hippodrome was normally the only one open on that day and you usually watched the film through a pall of cigarette smoke.
What a great life it was.

Not quite that bad Pope but my main sport in those days was basketball and we also worked Saturday mornings as well so a weekend of playing sport often resulted in 1 game of basketball on Saturday evening and 2 of football Sat and Sunday afternoons. Sunday evening usually took my future wife to the cinema, the Hippodrome was normally the only one open on that day and you usually watched the film through a pall of cigarette smoke.
What a great life it was.
It must have been a marvel to see golden age of the silent movie :rotfl: