Match thread - a bit of luck helps. | Vital Football

Match thread - a bit of luck helps.

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
I thought we'd draw at Blackburn but that little bit of luck gave us an extra 2 points and since we've not done well with luck recently I'm pushing it now in the hope that we can get a decent score for once. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing this, I'd prefer to leave it to someone who knows what they're talking about, I'm only doing it because I may be on a good trot

So over to you blokes who know much more than I do.

One other thing, Wally Ardron would love to be playing in this game.

:cowboy:

3 days from last game and 3 days from next with a similar run up until mid Nov. Some player management will be needed. Grabban, Ameobi and Lolley all struggled at the end of last season and that was only for 9 games.

Does CH start with Ameobi, Knockaert and Lyle and bring on Grabban and Lolley after an hour in the hope these start v Sheep?

3 days from last game and 3 days from next with a similar run up until mid Nov. Some player management will be needed. Grabban, Ameobi and Lolley all struggled at the end of last season and that was only for 9 games.

Does CH start with Ameobi, Knockaert and Lyle and bring on Grabban and Lolley after an hour in the hope these start v Sheep?

I hope so. hopefully Joe will be back on the grass in a fortnight. Looking forward to seeing him with the big man in defence

I hope so. hopefully Joe will be back on the grass in a fortnight. Looking forward to seeing him with the big man in defence
I though Joe was out for at least six weeks..? Wouldn’t mind another look at Soh in fairness. He looked as though he is going to be quality.

I though Joe was out for at least six weeks..? Wouldn’t mind another look at Soh in fairness. He looked as though he is going to be quality.

Hes been out 3 now hasnt he? Another fortnight to getting in to training on grass fits that timeframe

Hes been out 3 now hasnt he? Another fortnight to getting in to training on grass fits that timeframe
Hope so. Would prefer to see Worrall and McKenna together as Fig just doesn’t seem to get any better and will always be a jobbing Championship Centre Back at best.

I can't see Soh getting much game time unfortunately.
Me either as I think Hughton will go for experience. Should be on the bench though as he can fill in at right back too. If Worrall goes in January though I think things will change for him.

A good article by Lolley in the post about following up on a good win.
He referenced the Charlton game last year - when we had a good win against Leeds and then rested half the team for the Charlton match which we lost.
Don't want to see too many changes from Saturday - I think they should just rotate a couple of players out per game.
I honestly don't mind which two -as there are quality replacements for all positions.

A good article by Lolley in the post about following up on a good win.
He referenced the Charlton game last year - when we had a good win against Leeds and then rested half the team for the Charlton match which we lost.
Don't want to see too many changes from Saturday - I think they should just rotate a couple of players out per game.
I honestly don't mind which two -as there are quality replacements for all positions.
I could see Arter, Knockaert and Taylor starting this evening. Lolley, Grabban and either Yates (hopefully) or Colback on the bench. Maybe Sow gets a game?

Anyone think that this Cafu signing will get next to zero playing time and be shipped back to Oly after Xmas? Fred and Guerrero have a similar feel to it also IMO

I could see Arter, Knockaert and Taylor starting this evening. Lolley, Grabban and either Yates (hopefully) or Colback on the bench. Maybe Sow gets a game?

Anyone think that this Cafu signing will get next to zero playing time and be shipped back to Oly after Xmas? Fred and Guerrero have a similar feel to it also IMO

I know absolutely nothing about Cafu or Fred - I think we saw Guerrero for 20 mins against Cardiff or Bristol. Difficult to make a judgement based on that.
The only thing I would say is that Guerrero is a forward and we probably need him as cover
When do we need to name our 25 man squad by?

I thought we'd draw at Blackburn but that little bit of luck gave us an extra 2 points and since we've not done well with luck recently I'm pushing it now in the hope that we can get a decent score for once. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing this, I'd prefer to leave it to someone who knows what they're talking about, I'm only doing it because I may be on a good trot

So over to you blokes who know much more than I do.

One other thing, Wally Ardron would love to be playing in this game.

:cowboy:

Just remember when you quote the weather, its the weather over here we are interested in and not that in Australia