Mansfield manager sacked | Page 4 | Vital Football

Mansfield manager sacked

Is that a fact (the bit about payoffs ending when they get another job?)

I think it’s fairly standard in Managers contracts these days. Explains why Pochetino hasn’t taken on another job yet, because Levy is still paying him a huge wedge.

Much of this will come down to the Cowley's desire to get back to work. It's all well and good sitting at home still being paid by your former employer but I'm sure neither will want that to continue for much longer. They are still in the thoughts of most chairmen at the moment when vacancies arise. The longer they are out of the game, that erodes with every ongoing month and they'll know that.
I think that Mansfield will approach them. It's just that question of their desire to just get back into the management game now or wait and see if a better option comes along. It just might be that any management job will appeal now

I mean we all thought the Huddersfield job was a daft move/poison chalice and look where that got us, so I guess you never know.

I think they need to be a bit careful going from a successful Championship relegation fight to a struggling L2 side. Danny uses the term ‘pathway’ all the time and from the outside that sounds like a massive wrong turn to me.

While some realise that Danny did a decent job at Huddersfield under the circumstances, his reputation has inevitably taken a hit. That means he has to be very careful which job he chooses next, and taking over at Mansfield would be a very strange move. Besides the always amusing antics of the owners, they also have a slightly odd director of football. Danny certainly does not need the money, so what other criteria would attract him to Field Mill? It would be another crazy move for him, like Huddersfield was, and a huge step backwards in his career trajectory.

Danny has a plan, and it isn't Mansfield.

While some realise that Danny did a decent job at Huddersfield under the circumstances, his reputation has inevitably taken a hit. That means he has to be very careful which job he chooses next, and taking over at Mansfield would be a very strange move. Besides the always amusing antics of the owners, they also have a slightly odd director of football. Danny certainly does not need the money, so what other criteria would attract him to Field Mill? It would be another crazy move for him, like Huddersfield was, and a huge step backwards in his career trajectory.

Danny has a plan, and it isn't Mansfield.

One thing that would attract DC to Mansfield would be the budget given by the board. We all know recent previous managers have been heavily backed but for one reason or another it just hasn’t worked out for them (shame).

One thing that would attract DC to Mansfield would be the budget given by the board. We all know recent previous managers have been heavily backed but for one reason or another it just hasn’t worked out for them (shame).
What, £1.5m? No way would Danny want to work with that.

I suspect Danny has one eye on the situation at Sunderland - their supporters are already talking about him replacing Parkinson.

Agreed, I've though for a while that Sunderland would be a good fit. Any of those 'big' clubs stuck in League 1 would work well for them - certainly not Mansfield.

The Radfords are reportedly in the billionaire category. What they save in tax by being ex pats would bankroll the Cowleys nicely
How can they bankroll Cowley when there are are salary caps in place now? Mansfield budget, along with everyone elses, will decrease each of the next two or three years as existing contracts run out.

I think it’s fairly standard in Managers contracts these days. Explains why Pochetino hasn’t taken on another job yet, because Levy is still paying him a huge wedge.
Spurs also wrote a compensation clause in his severance deal if he took another job last season.

I think they need to be a bit careful going from a successful Championship relegation fight to a struggling L2 side. Danny uses the term ‘pathway’ all the time and from the outside that sounds like a massive wrong turn to me.
Bit like Huddersfield but the flashing warning signs around that seemed to blind them rather than act as a deterrent!

Ipswich has to be their 'relative' dream job surely.
It probably is, but I can't see Ipswich sacking Lambert with four years remaining on his contract. Marcus Evans is constantly pleading poverty, so the last thing he needs is to pay off a highly paid manager and employ a new one. Provided Ipswich stay in and around the automatic promotion places, they will surely stick with him.

Agreed, I've though for a while that Sunderland would be a good fit. Any of those 'big' clubs stuck in League 1 would work well for them - certainly not Mansfield.
Sunderland has all the hallmarks of a Cowley project.

A passionate support base? Tick.

A club disconnected from those supporters by years of failure? Yes.

A fish out of water in its present surroundings? Without doubt.

A club where he can add value? Massively.

Potential? That goes without saying.

Stewart Donald still owns the club, and will be very familiar with Danny from his time at Eastleigh. I can see this one happening.