Mansfield manager sacked | Page 5 | Vital Football

Mansfield manager sacked

EVANS BACK TO THE STAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or is that on a joke account??
I thought it curious that Mansfield did not make any statement about a caretaker manager. I reckon they have someone lined up, whether that is Evans or not. They certainly parted on bad terms before, so that would be interesting.

Nigel Clough would be a candidate for Mansfield. Clough famously refuses to move home, and Mansfield is only 30 miles away. There are not many clubs within that kind of radius that would be suitable for Clough, so this may be an opportunity for him.

Sunderland has all the hallmarks of a Cowley project.

A passionate support base? Tick.

A club disconnected from those supporters by years of failure? Yes.

A fish out of water in its present surroundings? Without doubt.

A club where he can add value? Massively.

Potential? That goes without saying.

Stewart Donald still owns the club, and will be very familiar with Danny from his time at Eastleigh. I can see this one happening.

I've been thinking the same since they got relegated. Them or Ipswich.

This could be something that interests the Cowley's.
As far as I was aware, they could take another job and the payoff wouldn't stop if their salaries were lower than the Huddersfield salary. Therefore if the Mansfield salary was £500k, they would receive the remaining £1.0m from Huddersfield to make up to the £1.5m.
Their payoff would only end when their full salary was covered by a club or the contract end date with Huddersfield, whichever came first.

This could be something that interests the Cowley's.
As far as I was aware, they could take another job and the payoff wouldn't stop if their salaries were lower than the Huddersfield salary. Therefore if the Mansfield salary was £500k, they would receive the remaining £1.0m from Huddersfield to make up to the £1.5m.
Their payoff would only end when their full salary was covered by a club or the contract end date with Huddersfield, whichever came first.
Danny and Nicky have probably made a million from Huddersfield, or not far short of it. Their next appointment will not be a financial decision for them, and my brain cannot connect the Cowleys with Mansfield in any way.

The Radfords are reportedly in the billionaire category. What they save in tax by being ex pats would bankroll the Cowleys nicely
Those ‘reports’ should not be taken seriously. A quick internet search will give some pointers to the Radfords likely worth and it is clearly a long way short of the billionaire league

I thought it curious that Mansfield did not make any statement about a caretaker manager. I reckon they have someone lined up, whether that is Evans or not. They certainly parted on bad terms before, so that would be interesting.
Has Evans ever remained on good terms with anyone?

Agreed, I've though for a while that Sunderland would be a good fit. Any of those 'big' clubs stuck in League 1 would work well for them - certainly not Mansfield.
Listening to Danny on the d3d4 podcast , the way he was talking about Sunderland, was very similar to how he talked about Lincoln in the early days. The connection between the fans and club,etc Said he enjoyed the two Netflix series

If Sunderland don't go up this season , then next season with the salary cap kicking in, they will need a different type of manager and DC would be a good fit. So wouldn't surprise me if this is the one he is hoping for

I suppose, the managerial merry go round season is about to begin. MApp will be in demand but I suspect he will want to get something concrete on his CV before he gets tempted away.